• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I figured this was new thread worthy:

Sometime later last year, this image leaked to Reddit:

mQlalDo.jpg

The source didn't have much to say other than it was 7+ months old, and that the game was apparently semi-open world akin to Ubisoft titles.

Flashforward, someone on Reddit noticed that while this image predates it, the hud matches the hud from the (removed/leaked) 343 recruiting video. https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/ewes6c/a_gameplay_snippet_in_we_are_343_industries/

here's a good breakdown of all the (admittedly limited) info from RazThePsychonaut

So thirsty for ANYTHING Infinite that I spend my free day digging into that beautiful barn leak... here we *** go!!

First, a direct comparison between H5 sniper and the leak... looks really close to me.

pkNIF1y.jpg

What really irritates me is that the sniper symbol in the leak doesn't look like a sniper at all? 4 bullets in the chamber but 6 symbols?

idtPeSi.png

At least the AR symbols are closer to each other between "We are 343i" <=> "Leak" than "Halo 5" <=> "Leak"... but with the awful quality it's pretty hard to tell.

7nXEU4V.png

As has already been said... the shield bar and 'compass' match between "We are 343" and "Leak" is the best indicator that this leak is actually legit.

Oqd2Xij.png

In "We are 343" there es some kind of elimination game going on...

riK3LyX.png

I could make out "Flag away" *??* as well...

5rzFaMW.png

As has already been mentioned there is a "knife" symbol on the bottom right... does that mean different kinds of close combat?

vFoqZIB.png

Here is a closer look at the "Grapple hook" as well... as it's the only colored bar that might be a good hint that there are other colors = other gadgets H3 style
It seems to located to LB, grenades LT

7Q0HijZ.png

Last but not least... first confirmation for the pistol in "We are 343i"... doesn't look like the Halo 5 symbol as well...

OoWBdls.png

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
"We're going back to our roots with Halo Infinite"

Proceed to add a grapple hook lol

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I would be so down for a grapple hook. Have they said if Infinite is cross gen? I mean I guess the Series X is bc anyway so it doesnt matter but I wonder if there's graphical differences.

OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

If I had to guess, it's probably something like Halo 3's equipment, rather than a new standard ability.

Either way, going back to the roots doesn't mean they shouldn't also try new things in the process

So are people thinking it is open world like Gears 5 was "open"?

I imagine the HUB areas will be more interactive, with side quests, combat, etc. before choosing main missions. ODST is a good format to expand from.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
If I had to guess, it's probably something like Halo 3's equipment, rather than a new standard ability.

Either way, going back to the roots doesn't mean they shouldn't also try new things in the process

Eh we'll see. I don't want a clone of past Halo's, but I also certainly don't want Halo: Advanced Warfare.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Get a load of that controlled leak!

Seriously, if I were Microsoft I would totally embrace dropping this sort of news on someone to go to reddit. Lots of Gen Z has STRONG Halo nostalgia and they should absolutely target them this entire year.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grapple hooks with proper free form aiming and physics (not just anchor onto a point to pull yourself up) are incredibly fun. If this is legit that's super hype for me.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
when they first announced this game, I hope it is on an openworld ring world. As in you can fall from the sides and get to where you were if you go forward long enough, or that you could look up and see rest of the ground on the ring.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Just going off whatever test environment that is it seems like it's for climbing rather than locomotion a la Titanfall 2 or Just Cause. I'm down for some weird shit in the campaign.

May 25, 2019
London

If you consider that the roots of Halo were the massive levels in Combat Evolved that gave people huge sandboxes in which to play. Levels like Halo, Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, etc. Giving players more tools with which to explore big, open levels or worlds sounds a lot better than 4 or 5's overly designed setpieces