Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody it's very late here in Canada I'll update it tomorrow but I wanted to start the conversation of what this game was suppose to be and wonder if we will get new modified version of her new Star Wars game.
The site has a solid track record for previous Star Wars content for live action but of course take it with a grain of salt!
CHARACTERS
The lead protagonist of the game was a fast-talking, charming, human male named Dodger Boon (played by Nolan North) who would use a pistol along with a weapon that had the hilt of a lightsaber, but had a grappling hook/whip of sorts that shot out of it. Robie Matox is a thirty something human female, and described as the Sundance to Dodger's Butch who would act as our co-protagonist. Mattox was orphaned and raised on Level 1313, Coruscant by a crime family, she has a phobia of droids and ultimately would've been the lead in a sequel to Ragtag. It's worth mentioning that much of the concept art had Natalie Morales (Parks and Recreation) as Maddox, so it was likely she was cast in the role.

img_1334-1024x593.jpg
Natalie Morales in Parks and Recreation (via Google images)
The rest of the cast included an elderly male scoundrel named Buck Freeborn who had a crew for twenty years that would train children to follow his lead and is described as an intergalactic Fagin from Oliver Twist, but in his later years he secretly joined the Rebellion following the Battle of Yavin. Doc would've been the crews droid and is a RAN Rebel Field Medic Droid that Dodger stole. Doc is an astromech that travels on a large rolling ball and it's dome shaped head can detach and operate independently and would fulfil a healing role within the game. Lunak is a burly alien in his fifties and acts as the mechanic within the crew who speaks in an unknown language but sports a universal translator with his body resembling that of a retired boxer, but his head sharing striking similarities to a manatee. Wil Nightstar is a longtime friend of Dodger and Buck, who's also a dashing, charming scoundrel with a dark secret. Zanni is a force sensitive charlatan who uses the force to be a successful criminal, who Dodger detests. Korzan Sable is the main antagonist to our crew and is a fifty something year old human female who's the leader of the Rang Clan and starts a turf war with the Hutts on Tatooine, and has secret ties to the Empire. Finally we have Oona Sable, daughter of Korzan, who's described as spoiled, beautiful and rich who's inner scoundrel is awoken throughout the story. Gillian Jacobs (Community) was used in concept art for Una, possibly suggesting she was cast in the role.

THE STORY

The story would begin on Tatooine where we see Dodger and Robie stealing a speeder and ride to a meeting with Jabba the Hutt who senses a power play from the Rang Clan, and comes up with a plan to stop them getting a further foothold on Tatooine. Jabba tells Dodger and Robie to kidnap the daughter of the Rang Clan's leader, Korzan Sable, in a bid to stop the Clan advancing and to possibly secure Imperial contracts. Dodger agrees to the mission as he desperately needs credits to buy his name off of an Imperial list. Dodger and Robie successfully kidnap Sable's daughter, Oona, from an Imperial mansion and turn her over to their boss.

img_1328-1024x509.jpg

Dodger's old friend and mentor, Buck, contacts the duo in an attempt to get them to take part in a mission for the Rebellion on Xibariz, a floating pleasure palace frequented by the rich and powerful owned by the Baldamiro crime family. The Rebels want the duo to listen in on a secret meeting between the Empire and Korzan Sable, but Dodger isn't too pleased at the idea as he's a survivor of Alderaan and blames the Rebels for putting his homeworld in crosshairs of the Empire. The conversation is cut short due to a commotion on Buck's end, and the duo travel to Bucks location – a desert location named Mos Elrey. The team find Bucks village in disarray due to a new Imperial weapon of mass destruction being tested on the area which was created by Korzan and the Tarkin initiative. The team see purple gas fired from canastas at the remainder of the population which turns the inhabitants, including Buck, into statues, but Dodger himself does not and nor does the property and valuables of the inhabitants. This event convinces Dodger to take the mission offered to him by Buck and the Rebellion in an act of revenge.

img_1329-1024x584.jpg

Dodger and Robie recruit Lunak, Wil and Zanni to bust Oona out of Jabba's prison, which they successfully do, as Dodger believes she is their ticket onto Xibariz. Dodger's idea works, and the team manage to enter the pleasure palace with Una's status and they traverse the location by jumping across rooftops until they reach a nightclub where they meet one of Bucks contacts, Ananda Sirena, who is a Baldamiro underboss. Sirena tips off our crew regarding the meeting place of the Imperials and Sable. Dodger manages to listen in to the meeting and learns that the gas that killed Buck is mined from the astroid graveyard of Alderaan (which is why Dodger is immune) and is fired from a weapon named the Death Blossom which Sable created. Our crew is discovered and make a break from the space station, and tell Oona she is free to go, but she is disgusted by her mothers actions and leaves with Wil.

img_1330-1024x583.jpg

Following a space chase, Dodger and crew crash land on a remote marsh-like planet called Oto-Phagii. Dodger and Zanni are captured by the spice addicted locals of Oto who worship an albino hutt named Mammo. The duo are set to be sacrificed to the Hutt, but they are rescued by Lunak. The group flee deeper into Oto and discover an old plantation with its sole residents being a Clone Wars era Major General named Pilaf and his Super Battle Droid companion, I-ZK. Pilaf is shocked to discover that the Clone Wars ended over twenty years ago and agrees to help stop Korzan Sable and allows our team to stock pile weapons from his armoury.

img_1331-1024x581.jpg

Our crew leave Oto and to meet with Oona and Wil on Bashers Yard, a small moon based salvage yard located in the mid-rim which was formally used as a sort of truck stop to Alderaan, but these days it's used as a base of operations of sorts for Wil. Once on the planet the crew are unable to locate Oona and sense a trap with Wil and Dodger ending up in a stand-off. Wil reveals he's the heir to the Black Sun crime syndicate, that he's been working with Korzan the entire time and was the trigger man who killed Buck and the village civilians along with turning Oona over to her mother and destroying the intel they planned to turn over to the Rebellion. Dodger uses his lightsaber grappling hook to pull Wil towards him before killing him with a shot from his blaster.

img_1332-1024x576.jpg

Our crew take off to the astroid field graveyard of Alderaan which is covered in the purple gas Sable has been mining. Both the Imperials and Rang Clan are present overseeing the mining operation, with gas gathering ships and an astroid based refinery present. The crew battle Sable in space, aboard a Rang mining vessel which houses Una and the aforementioned astroid based refinery to close down the operation once and for all. Our crew manage to rescue Una, destroy the refinery and ignited the gas surroundings the Alderaan astroid field which burns it away so it can never be weaponised again in the future.

Some additional tidbits from the past
- first in three games
- quite a bit of mocap was filmed prior to shut down
-rumours are new Star Wars game might have some of these story beats or similar themes

https://bespinbulletin.com/2022/04/...me-thats-being-revived-by-skydance-new-media/

Last edited:

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Dodger Boon is a great name.

Anyway it sounds fun! Hopefully Hennigs new game is similar to that.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Man, I wish Star Wars 1313 hadn't been cancelled and the scripts from Underworld would get used in some way.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MakingStarWars(dot)net isn't a site you should promote. Even the subreddit StarWarsLeaks banned any content from Jason Ward (owner) due to his behaviour with young women two years ago. He even posted an apology and has tried erase all trace ever since.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This was a fun read.

If they really are rehashing these ideas then they should skip right to the part where Natalie Morales' character is the lead. Drake in Space can have his own DLC or something.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
The lead protagonist of the game was a fast-talking, charming, human male named Dodger Boon (played by Nolan North) who would use a pistol along with a weapon that had the hilt of a lightsaber, but had a grappling hook/whip of sorts that shot out of it.

Just like Uncharted 4...

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
MakingStarWars(dot)net isn't a site you should promote. Even the subreddit StarWarsLeaks banned Jason Ward (owner) due to his behaviour with young women. He even posted an apology and has tried erase all trace ever since.
That's why I didn't directly reference that site and use this site as they also leak Star Wars news. Star Wars leaks on Reddit allows this so thought it would be fine to do here.

Oct 25, 2017
MakingStarWars is a sexual predator btw. This seems like a legitimate leak so I guess it's probably worth sharing and talking about but this should be kept in mind.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I think this was already known, I watched this video ages ago about the plot. Sounded really promising...
EDIT: Nevermind source is problematic.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's why I didn't directly reference that site and use this site as they also leak Star Wars news. Star Wars leaks on Reddit allows this so thought it would be fine to do here.
I mean they're still the origin of the information and the screenshots have their website slapped on them. However that is simply not for me to decide in the slightest though, I'm only pointing out.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody it's very late here in Canada I'll update it tomorrow but I wanted to start the conversation of what this game was suppose to be and wonder if we will get new modified version of her new Star Wars game.
The site has a solid track record for previous Star Wars content for live action but of course take it with a grain of salt!

Some additional tidbits from the past
- first in three games
- quite a bit of mocap was filmed prior to shut down
-rumours are new Star Wars game might have some of these story beats or similar themes

https://bespinbulletin.com/2022/04/...me-thats-being-revived-by-skydance-new-media/

Additional information and dozens of more photos on all characters and areas are out there to be found on your own

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
"The story would begin on Tatooine..."

And Im out

Doesn't just begin there. Seems like half of the game would have taken place there, between all the bits involving Jabba and this new Mos Elrey.

I'll admit, this section is a little intriguing:

The group flee deeper into Oto and discover an old plantation with its sole residents being a Clone Wars era Major General named Pilaf and his Super Battle Droid companion, I-ZK. Pilaf is shocked to discover that the Clone Wars ended over twenty years ago and agrees to help stop Korzan Sable and allows our team to stock pile weapons from his armoury.

I've always liked the idea of Separatist Holdouts (mirroring the real life Japanese holdouts), and it makes perfect sense they might ally with the Rebellion, as any hardcore Separatists would naturally oppose the Empire as much as the Republic, but it doesn't sound like they would have done much with this concept here. There's a former Separatist general, he's got a Super Battle Droid buddy, and they give them guns. Great.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Lol

Like no disrespect to North because he's a deeply talented guy with a lot of range, but I am sooo done with him playing that archetype

Uncharted 4 is 6 years old next month. I personally feel over half of a generation without North acting/voicing a fast talking rogue is long enough.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The team see purple gas fired from canastas at the remainder of the population which turns the inhabitants, including Buck, into statues

I'm kinda curious how they would have pulled this off. It reads like something out of Narnia, but I guess you could always go wooooo gas that works like caaaaarbonite or something.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I would love a Star Wars game where you didn't play as a human. I am sure some obscure ones exist, but you have this massive galaxy with dozens and dozens of races, and it is always human. At the very least, let me choose.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Uncharted 4 is 6 years old next month. I personally feel over half of a generation without North acting/voicing a fast talking rogue is long enough.
After an entire console generation of everyone and their father, (emphasis on father), copying that archetype, on top of like, six Nathan Drake games, good lord is it rote.

I would love a Star Wars game where you didn't play as a human. I am sure some obscure ones exist, but you have this massive galaxy with dozens and dozens of races, and it is always human. At the very least, let me choose.
Star Wars Squadrons isn't obscure.

I'm kinda curious how they would have pulled this off. It reads like something out of Narnia, but I guess you could always go wooooo gas that works like caaaaarbonite or something.
There are canonically creatures in SW that can do this to force sensitives specifically:
Star-Wars-The-High-Republic-Trail-of-Shadows-2021-01-of-05-003-scaled.jpg

the empire making a gas weapon that turns people into statues isn't that farfetched.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
There's only like 7 locations in Star Wars. It all takes place in a snow globe.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get why people dislike Tatooine but honestly I feel like the biggest issue with its reuse is how little they expand upon whats already established. The Boba show was definitely hit and miss but actually seeing some of the societal structure of the Tuskan Raiders and fleshing them out was oddly satisfying to me. In the same sense I kinda liked the wild west vibe of the town in Mando

I guess what I'm saying is Tatooine does still have stuff they could explore but it's rarely used as more than a convenient set to work with

Oct 27, 2017
I get why people dislike Tatooine but honestly I feel like the biggest issue with its reuse is how little they expand upon whats already established. The Boba show was definitely hit and miss but actually seeing some of the societal structure of the Tuskan Raiders and fleshing them out was oddly satisfying to me. In the same sense I kinda liked the wild west vibe of the town in Mando

I guess what I'm saying is Tatooine does still have stuff they could explore but it's rarely used as more than a convenient set to work with
But it's even worse here because it's a videogame so they're not nearly as restricted as live action SW in terms of exotic/alien locations. Desert planets are used primarily for cost concerns, from what I've heard

Oct 30, 2017
What a bland ass protagonist.

I'd really appreciate more representation in these sorts of games. At least Fallen Order tried to diversify a bit, even if the PC was a bland ass protagonist.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But it's even worse here because it's a videogame so they're not nearly as restricted as live action SW in terms of exotic/alien locations. Desert planets are used primarily for cost concerns, from what I've heard
Yeah I don't disagree. The games are usually free to go wild with locations as it won't really save much sticking with Tatooine. But at the same time it's so deeply woven into SW that seeing it here doesn't really surprise me. As long as we actually got a proper look at the criminal underbelly of it all rather than the half handed approach BoBF took, I still think there's stories to be told.

However that said, there's nothing stopping them from telling those stories elsewhere. The pleasure palace for the rich pitched in this idea sounded cool and would have been a good place to explore it imo.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Should probably actually click the link in the OP as there's concept arts of several different locations/planets that they would've gone to in the story. So many in fact that I could see why this game wasn't at all feasible especially from a studio that did not have the resources or crunch culture of ND.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Don't people overwhelmingly pick humans in games where non-human races are an option? Pretty sure they're #1 in every MMO and RPG by a good margin

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Can't believe we were robbed of Gillian Jacobs in a Star Wars role. Would have loved to see Britta again.

Other than that, I'd honestly adored this being Nathan Drake's space adventures with Nolan North and all. Shame it didn't happen.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
No idea why so many people hate seeing Tatooine so much. It's an entire planet of sand, and there still a ton of interesting desert on it that we have never seen on camera. I appreciate that films and games first want to show us every little inch of good old Tatooine before moving on to other planets in a couple of decades.
But more seriously, I don't think the setting has really been the biggest problems in shows/games that primarily take place in one location.