• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gr8kamon

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe I'm actually excited about an Avatar video game. I honestly can't wait too see what they came up with

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Semi-excited about this? TBH my holiday game will be this or Potter depending on which is better.

Oct 27, 2017
I am hungry for this Avatar game. It's shown very little and already been tagged by some as a Far Cry reskin, but if that were even true it would still be the first Far Cry experience that's exclusive to the PS5/Xbox Series consoles.

Pandora should look amazing.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
There's too many games coming out at this point so I have to actually pick and choose between purchases unlike when I could get everything over the past two years. Wasn't everyone just complaining about 2022 having nothing?

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
interesting we haven't seen anything about the game this summer if it's coming in the fall

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I was actually looking forward to this but since we hadn't see anything from it just assumed it slipped to next year.

Makes sense though with the movie coming out.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am hungry for this Avatar game. It's shown very little and already been tagged by some as a Far Cry reskin, but if that were even true it would still be the first Far Cry experience that's exclusive to the PS5/Xbox Series consoles.

Pandora should look amazing.
Wait… this isn't first person, right?

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
This fall about to be fucking packed

TLOU Remake
GOW Ragnarok
MW2
NFS
Pentiment
High on Life
Plague Tale: Requiem

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Don't care how good Avatar might look graphically, if it it's functionally just Far cry in a different setting

Not trying to be pessimistic but hard to get excited. Hope I'm wrong

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
The Last of Us Part I
Splatoon 3
Gotham Knights
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Bayonetta 3
Need for Speed Unbound
God of War Ragnarok
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Hogwarts Legacy
The Callisto Protocol
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

Yeah, this fall is nuts.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
The Last of Us Part I
Splatoon 3
Gotham Knights
Bayonetta 3
Need for Speed Unbound
God of War Ragnarok
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Hogwarts Legacy
The Callisto Protocol

Yeah, this fall is nuts.

forgettinh A Plague Tale Requeim smh

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Pandora will be a current gen only game, right? With how little of those there still are, I am very excited to see how the game looks!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I would love for this to be good, truly, but I have a hard time getting excited for an open world Ubisoft game. Do we know which studio this is, and which games they've done before?

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Avatar is the first "raytracing only" game isn't it? I don't really count Metro since the RT-only version came after the fact.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Same. Don't care about the game. I want to see what this engine can do! :)
2 snowdrop engine games coming out this year as well, if Avatar hits that date

Avatar is the first "raytracing only" game isn't it? I don't really count Metro since the RT-only version came after the fact.

as far as we've heard from Ubi then yes, I wouldn't say its the first raytracing only game though because Metro did require a rework for the RT

Lower spec hardware will be using software based raytracing

Very excited for it

Last edited:

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
That date would make sense given that the film is slated for December. That said, given that we've seen so little of it and Covid is still a factor, I have my doubts about that date.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not excited about the Avatar game or anything but I am super curious how it turns out. Plenty of potential there for a fun game but it's been squandered before.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The Last of Us Part I
Splatoon 3
Gotham Knights
Bayonetta 3
Need for Speed Unbound
God of War Ragnarok
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Hogwarts Legacy
The Callisto Protocol

Yeah, this fall is nuts.
Brb making a thread that fall 2022 is the best year in gaming.

PimentaGui

Jul 29, 2021
They won't miss the movie release window for sure

I'm curious as this is ubisoft's first current gen exclusive

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Don't care how good Avatar might look graphically, if it it's functionally just Far cry in a different setting

Not trying to be pessimistic but hard to get excited. Hope I'm wrong
I'm glad I skipped FC6. The Pandora setting would be just enough of a shake-up to reel me back in at this point.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really care about Avatar but if this ends up being Far Cry: Pandora I'll probably play it.