• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

- Battlefield V's pre-order have already soldout Titanfall 2's week one sales and pre-orders
- EA considering making that Battle Royale mode free to play and give BFV owners bonuses
- Also considering to include a remaster of Battlefield Bad Company 2 (as post-release content)

So yeah, interesting. For folks who can't listen to it. It's from the same guy who gave them accurate info about EA for e3 before, but grain of salt and all.

Last edited:

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Also notable that this again mentions Amazon as a key source of pre-order data, even though they aren't currently taking pre-orders for the game.

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I love BF and will buy this day one even if BR is free. I just hope it turns out good!

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
That is good or bad?

Titanfall 2 didn't sell nowhere close to Battlefield games... so I don't know how to take this news.

Edit - Thinking a bit giving BR and a remaster Free means the preorders are not good.

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has never played the Bad Company games, is 1 or 2 better? For both story and multiplayer

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Hey as long as more people get to experience Bad Company 2 then I'm all good for a remaster!

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Interesting move to release the BR mode for free. But it could backfire in the sense that less people will be willing to play standard BF.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
BR f2p would be awesome, never liked Battlefield but I would give the BR mode a try.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure BC2 helps. What people want is a constant, frequent and significant post-launch flood of content. However, it is clear that BF V will sell fine. Anyone who thought it would be anywhere near even 3 times Titanfall was forgetting how big the franchise is.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like another cluster-fuck release from EA.
Also wouldn't this be really unfair towards people that buy the game because of the promised Battle Royale mode? Making it F2P could backfire on them.

YuriCloud3

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Well why not compare with bf1? Titanfall 2 sold well on release ? This looks like a damage control for me.

Deleted member 10549

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they don't lock the BC2 remaster behind some legendary edition or some other BS like Activision does with Call of Duty. I want to straight up buy the remaster without BF V.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Dead good. I can't wait for Battlefield V. Battlefield 1 is fantastic and hoping V will continue that. I know people love to hate EA but, hey, what's new.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like people listened to EA's advice to don't buy the game if they don't like their vision of WW2 and now EA have fire under its ass.

Last edited:

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Titanfall 2 did really bad, I don't see the success here.

You're right in that it's hardly a high bar, but if BFV preorders > all Titanfall 2 preorders and Week One sales already, that's not totally disastrous. Battlefield games always tend to have long legs.

I think making Battle Royale F2P is the right call. Even if they can cut just ~10% of Fortnite's pie for a few months, it'll be a success.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like people listened to EA's advice to don't buy the game if they don't like their vision of WW2 and now EA have fire under their ass.

To be fair, if people were upset about women soldiers, then fuck 'em. I don't want them (alt-righters, not women) in my Battlefield games.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
To be fair, if people were upset about women soldiers, then fuck 'em. I don't want them (alt-righters, not women) in my Battlefield games.

I think there were genuine concerns from normal Battlefield gamers and youtubers about the customisation. They've seemingly dialled back on this a bit. Not the fact women were in the game, just the wacky presentation that first trailer suggested.

I think had they pitched it as "alternative WW2" then all that would have gone away. It was the fact they were trying to present WW2 - and make out it was a recreation of unseen battles - but with a wackiness to it.

The interview Westie posted up with one of the DICE devs recently addresses these concerns and DICE's response about giving players choice and finding the right balance to customisation also seems fine to me.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm. interesting. It's compare with TF2 which is very low bar (in EA standard of course) to compare.

I am more interest in BC2 remaster lol. i would like to get both game remaster to prepare for BC3(!)

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit... yeah remastering BC2 is EA figuring out how to get money from me for the first time in 4 years

That being said, they are totally going to "Infinite Warfare" that shit and have it part of some $100 BFV sku

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think there were genuine concerns from normal Battlefield gamers and youtubers about the customisation. They've seemingly dialled back on this a bit. Not the fact women were in the game, just the wacky presentation that first trailer suggested.

What? There was absolutely 100% backlash to women being featured in the trailer. It started a Twitter campaign from alt-right man-babies using the #notmybattlefield hashtag. The post I was replying to was talking about EA's 'like it or don't buy it quote'. That was a quote specifically calling out people who were upset about women being in the game.

On the [women] in Battlefield, this is something that the development team pushed. Battlefield V is a lot about the unseen, the untold, the unplayed. The common perception is that there were no women in World War II. There were a ton of women who both fought in World War II and partook in the war.

These are people who are uneducated—they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario, and listen: this is a game. And today gaming is gender-diverse, like it hasn't been before. There are a lot of female people who want to play, and male players who want to play as a badass [woman].

And we don't take any flak. We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don't understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don't buy the game. I'm fine with either or. It's just not ok.

I'm sure some fans had grievances with other parts of the trailer and customizations. Fine, whatever. They can do. I'm saying 'fuck 'em' to the alt-right babies who get offended at seeing women in their videogames. Fuck 'em.

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
I would be very excited if they decided to release a full standalone remaster of BC2 with MP.

If they're just planning on remastering the campaign and sticking it into BFV, I wouldn't care about that at all.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Yeah, I'll jump in eventually for the BR Mode.

Would it make sense if they launched a Battle Pass system for it, since those are so trendy now, of which the Premium line would be included for owners of the base game, but if you just had the BR Mode for free you would have to buy it separately? What do you think? Enough of a reward for owners of the game, along with other freebies like cosmetics?

Last edited:

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so they are talking of the remaster to hopefully bolster preorders / sales, using titanfall 2 has a ballmark is pretty fucking low by all means

RogerL

Oct 30, 2017
Why preorder today?
It won't well out, digital can't sell out.

Let's see, you get to play the open beta two days early, and...

I will buy BFV, I might even double dip...
But I bill pre-order only if I see that my evenings are free during that closed beta period.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What? There was absolutely 100% backlash to women being featured in the trailer. It started a Twitter campaign from alt-right man-babies using the #notmybattlefield hashtag. The post I was replying to was talking about EA's 'like it or don't buy it quote'. That was a quote specifically calling out people who were upset about women being in the game.

I'm sure some fans had grievances with other parts of the trailer and customizations. Fine, whatever. They can do. I'm saying 'fuck 'em' to the alt-right babies who get offended at seeing women in their videogames. Fuck 'em.

What I'm saying is that the alt-right nonsense muddies the fact that many long term fans were concerned with that first trailer and the game it hinted at. Since then DICE have rolled back on the wackiness and the trailers have been more in tune with what you'd expect from a Battlefield game. But the luke warm reaction was in main not down to alt-right nonsense IMHO, but because their first trailer was so far from Battlefield it didn't make sense.