• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'd rather see Mortal Kombat Trilogy remastered as opposed to MK1-3 as a trilogy. If switch gets both mk11 and mk1-3 hd it's gonna fuel that scorpion or sub-zero for smash discussion.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know many 90s fighting game trilogies other than MK and Tekken. It's probably one of those two.

Actually why would a company that isn't Namco work on a Tekken 1/2/3 remake? It's almost certainly MK 1/2/3.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
So it appears this will be 3 games. MK Trilogy is just one game.
It's probably standalone MK 1, 2 and 3.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OtWQNJH.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimiekim

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
MK would be weird. Those games don't hold up at all.

Exactly, of the classic 90's mk the only ones worth going back to are ultimate mk3 (if you want a more serious mk fighting game) and trilogy (if you want a more fun party time with a lot of characters). Outside of nostalgia mk1-3 don't have much going for them.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I wouldnt mind if its mk trilogy tbh :3
Tho i wouldve liked to see actual 3 games or releases.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It could be Virtua Fighter 1-3? Sega is being pretty good to their older series lately.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't say those are fighting games from the same series does it?
Could be 3 games just by the same dev? SF vs Xmen? Marvel vs Capcom 1? 🤔

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How remastered are we talking about ? Straight ports would probably please me more since the old look of Mortal Kombat is kinda iconic to me, unless they're full on UE4 remake.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Well...whatever they are, the assumption is that it would come from one publisher.

Capcom is out. They always do their own mostly and have already remastered/re-released most of their 90s stuff.
Mortal Kombat is obviously an option and probably the front runner. We haven't seen the older games for some time.
Virtua Fighter maybe? The first 3 games all came in the 90s

Their website doesn't really give any clues either. They've helped all sorts of games come to market. Including Sunset Overdrive. You'd think They could have been tapped for the One X patch.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Woke: Virtua Fighter 1/2/3
Broke: those shitty mortal kombat klones

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Rival Schools, Rival Schools 2 and Project Justice. You heard it here boys.

It'll be some random shitty MK knockoff, like the Naughty Dogs one with the Shoot-A-Fireball-From-My-Penis kilt guy.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Safe bet would be anything SNK, but wouldn't mind/be surprised about Mortal Kombat, like something gearing off for MK11.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Art of Fighting
Samurai showdown
Clayfighters
Mortal Kombat
Virtua Fighter
Rival Schools
Tekken
Toshinden

Maybe it's even something like Golden Axe, or Streets of Rage?!

Pick your choice!

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
I will buy some classic MK games for sure. Hope we get UMK3 or one of the other content rich versions

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
It's gonna be Flying Dragons, G.A.S.P.!! Fighters Nextreme (Deadly Arts) and Fighters Destiny....isnt it.?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I love some of the title drops in this thread lol.

Paws of Fury I swear I had completely forgotten since my childhood and thanks to the mention a bunch of childhood memories came rushing back. I could cry, no joke. So thanks Outrun !

I want a triple pack featuring:
Clayfighter
Primal Rage
Paws of Fury (lol)

Mdsfx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine them putting this much work into a new MK Trilogy, especially with MK11 coming. A re-release of the classics? Sure, but this looks like a lot of work.