• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
gm-fd293baf-5a11-4b28-addb-931322bde701-cp2077-game-pass.jpg

Earlier today, Xbox South Africa's Twitter profile posted a Game Pass ad/video which showed a bunch of released and upcoming AAA titles. One of these was Cyberpunk 2077 which could suggest that CD Projekt Red's mammoth is coming to Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass subscription service.

The since-deleted video ended with a big Xbox Game Pass logo after more than twenty game logos were showcased. It is currently unknown if the video was deleted because it prematurely revealed such big news or for some other reason. Here is the list of all games that appeared in the video:

• Halo Infinite
  • Gears 5
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Wasteland 3
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Lego Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga
  • Madden 20
  • State of Decay 2 - Heartland
  • Doom Eternal
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Forza Horizon 4 - Lego Speed Champions
  • Battletoads
  • Crossfire
  • Borderlands 3
  • Tales Of Arise
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Elden Ring
  • Dying Light 2
  • Dragon Ball Z - Kakarot
  • Ori And The Will Of The Wisps
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2

SOURCE (actually, ResetEra's own Dimajjio first noticed this and made the list)

Anyway, if they actually got Cyberpunk to launch on Game Pass day one... holy shit.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It would be awesome for Microsoft engagement and really bad for sales for CDPR... but I guess Microsoft would have thrown a bag of cash so big, the lack of sales won't matter?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
bullshit. that video was probably just showing all the games coming to xbox in general. doubt all those games listed will be on the service at launch

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless Microsoft paid a shit ton of money to CDPR I can't see this happening

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No way this is happening. Not at launch at least. Just selling the game would probably make them more money than what MS can offer for day 1 Game Pass availability.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, Doom Eternal all day 1 as well? I know GamePass is great and all, but I doubt this is real.

OddSock

Oct 27, 2017
South Africa
it's not happening. As a South African person in local games media, have confirmed that the video Xbox ZA put out was unauthorised. Was The Black Friday Xbox video with a game pass logo cut into it. The agency responsible has had a finger wagging.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Extreme doubt.
I imagine that would have to be a GTAIV DLC level moneyhat from MS- or more, right?
CDPR sacrificing all of those potential $60 day one sales from X1 owners? Crazy.... but you never know.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
That list there. A lot of those would be absolutely massive gets.

I don't think it's impossible, but Microsoft would be losing some mega money on those deals. No way they'd be let into GamePass without paying out the ass for 'em.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I could see it, Microsoft really wants Game Pass to be like Netflix. If they get 100m people subbing now through whatever money it takes - $1/mo offers, conversion of GWG/regular, enticing games added like this to get that impulse "fuck it lets do it", they can get tons and tons and tons of people signed up while eating losses for 2-3 years.

Inertia is extremely powerful though, once you sign up and pay a monthly sub you will most likely just stay subbed if they don't give you a reason to cancel - price increase, quality of service drop. At 100m subs thats 1.5 BILLION a month in sub fees. That'll pay for 20 Cyberpunk 2077 deals every month.

Its the gym membership model, which Netflix has copied successfully. MoviePass failed dramatically for reasons that should be obvious to anyone. Time will tell if it works for gaming sub services, but really no reason it shouldn't - the costs are fairly low for infrastructure, and someone using it every minute of every hour doesn't cost dramatically more than someone who doesn't use it at all.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is absolutely 0 chance this will happen.

It would be way, waaaaaay too expensive to the point that buying timed exclusivity of the game could be more appropriate

Edit: lol Elden Ring, Doom Eternal and Star Wars Jedi fallen order too? LMAO

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order? Are any big EA games on Game pass? Seems like a game they'd want to keep for EA / Origin Access.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Lol there's no way Star Wars, Cyberpunk and Elden Ring are all coming to Game Pass.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even less likely, but, imagine if microsoft was buying cdpr from the rest of cdp. Games are a less stable business than running a storefront, and microsoft has a lot of money, so conceivably (although its still crazy) you could imagine cdpr being spun out, and that's one of those few developers out there who would instantly put microsoft in competition with sony in terms of exclusives.

(buying the whole thing, gog and all, would be even crazier, but conceivable if the existing licenses/relationships with older games would let msoft pad gamepass i guess. 2.3 billion is a lot of money)

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it only Cyberpunk 2077 that gets singled out on that last when a good amount of those games on the list aren't announced officially for Xbox Game Pass? Like Doom Eternal, Tales of Arise, Dying Light 2, Fallen Order? Complete bullshit.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm do you realize how much money they would have to give them and they probably don't care to do it anyways

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't Fallen Order discount this whole video? EA games only go to EA Access and not GamePass.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I would not be surprised at Cyberpunk being on Game Pass at some point, as CDProjekt seem to have quite a cordial relationship with MS, but not a chance is it there at launch. They'd have been better off buying console exclusivity at that point.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
What really stands out that this is not real is madden 20. EA has its own service and don't think it will let it on another service.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Don't believe that for a second, unless we're talking down the line and not at launch. That trailer was likely showing games coming to Xbox, not Game Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.