• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game needs a remake, not a remaster.

Ew, no. I want my Dark Souls pure and unchanged.

The later games are alright, but I wasn't a fan of some of the changes they started making to the series. Most notably how the worlds were set up and the ability to warp to one of the many bonfires that were littered all over the place.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Chill folks... Let Bluepoint get Shadow of the Collossus out and then they can get to work on Demon's. It's not going anywhere

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I want a X1X enhanced Dark Souls. Great game only held back by jank. An unjanky Dark Souls would be amazing.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I mean I wanted to get this game anyways after playing bloodborne and ds2, but idk if it needs a remaster

Lysistrata

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paradise Lost
But my Dark Souls was already remastered with DSfix.
Guess I'm keeping the PS3 hooked a while longer.
Good news for consoles though if true.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty confident this exists.

It'll be Bandai Namco's series stopgap letting them milk popularity without having to invest into a full title production, and prevents them butting heads with Miyazaki's disinterest in continuing the series. Given the series growth returning to Dark Souls is ideal; it's a last generation title and perceptually dated in production quality compared to Dark Souls 3.
The extent of the remaster though? Who knows. A simple up-port would be disappointing, as I'd like some new bells and whistles, though perhaps that's why the rumour hasn't so far included a PC release. I'm also convinced a Switch build is absolutely in the works.

I would have preferred Demon's Souls as it's the big one of the four that could really benefit from a re-release that capitalises on the series fandom. And even though it's not Dark Souls, it is in style and play. I don't need to replay Dark Souls, and if I do I'd prefer to play it on PC where I can crank the settings and tweaks likely beyond what this remaster can even offer. That being said, having Dark Souls on the go would be a treat.

astroglide

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's more money in a dark souls remaster than demons souls as ds can release on everything and demons souls can only release on ps4

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Demon's Souls was robbed.

On a serious note, I've platinumed this on PS3 and then played through a few times more on PC. Even as a massive Souls fan I won't be interested in this unless there is some sort of added content.

Dr. Octagon

Nov 28, 2017
Even if it's just a straight up port with Artorias DLC and higher resolutions, I'll still buy it. One of the best games from the previous generation and still my favorite Souls game.

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I searched other databases, too. Perhaps most pertinently, searching Google for 4949776441043 gets you exactly nothing while, to continue with your example, 4949776441029 returns what you'd expect (i.e. a great many Dark Souls 3-related results). As I said, though, this merely suggests the photo is real; it's by no means incontrovertibly conclusive.
Doesn't matter. It's too late. I boarded the hype train long ago.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I'm in. Will be nice to have Dark Souls looking and running good, but with an active online. PC version is a ghosttown and trying to co-op with friends doesn't even work.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played the original version a bit on PS3. Found the combat slow as hell and the game running like shit so I quit. Now I'm interested in trying it again after playing Bloodborne.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Finally beat ds1 this week. I'd definitely double dip though. It would be fun to play it through again with a more active community.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the PC gets it. We already got 60fps of course but the graphics could do with a bit of an update.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This deserves a remaster more than Demon's.

Sure, it's the best Souls game, but if this remaster is happening, it probably still won't match what's available on the PC. I highly doubt that it would run at more than 30 fps, given that higher framerates can break the game in a couple of spots (easily circumvented on PC with dsfix, though). Meanwhile, DeS is available only on a single relatively ancient system, and that version hasn't exactly aged all that well visually. It'd be nice if fans of the series who never got to play the first game had the chance to with a remaster.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Similar to other Japanese games that end up being exclusive to PS4 in Japan, something similar to MHW. So looks like it'll be PS4/X1/PC in the West.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony where the hell is demons souls remake?! Just copy and paste the code onto a PS4 disc. Jesus Christ.