• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Those are insane deals and I don't believe it. Feels too soon for the lite to be $150.

If it's real, Christ Sword and Shield will just print gold bricks.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I don't believe it. These kinds of discounts are not Nintendo's MO. The Switch is already selling and Nintendo never leaves money on the table.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
"looks and seems legit" by what measure? This screams unfinished/fake to me. Spacing on all the prices seems too wide, the kerning seems too wide as well, there are no SKUs for anything on the page, and if we believe the top tab bar this is page 1 of the flyer, which makes absolutely no sense given there is no Walmart logo or Black Friday imagery at all.

If this really is an unfinished version of the actual Walmart flyer, expect it to look nothing like this once it's finished. I wouldn't trust any of these prices.

EDIT: For reference, here's what last year's Black Friday flyer looked like, and this is their most recent flyer. The FONTS don't even match at all. This is fake.

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe it. These kinds of discounts are not Nintendo's MO. The Switch is already selling and Nintendo never leaves money on the table.

I think people might be shocked at what Nintendo actually pays to mass produce a Switch system today.

6-inch 720p panels + 4300 Mah batteries don't cost shit, especially not at the volume Nintendo is ordering them at and that Mariko Tegra X1 chip is also likely dirt cheap. Nvidia is throwing it into TV sticks.

That dock is just a hollow piece of plastic with $5 worth of connectors on it.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still wondering if my prediction of Black Friday $5 Anthem will come true.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus a PS4 for $149???. Wow. Sony is going to sell gangbuster amounts of PS4s with this, Death Stranding and The Last Of Us Part II in the spring. Wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 hits 130 million units sold in it's lifetime.

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
That $199 Switch is just too good to be true, right? RIGHT?

If not, I'm going to feel really stupid for plucking down full price for one.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Calling BS on that Switch deal because it's too good to be true.

Expecting regular priced bundles with a pack-in game though. It's about time for them to put a gold/Zelda-themed switch out there.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if an actual cost breakdown of Switch components today is more like

Screen + touchpanel - $60
Processor + RAM - $50
Dock - $8
Flash RAM - $3
Joy Cons - $30
Battery - $4
Packaging - $4
Motherboard + Misc - $30

Actual cost = $189

Nov 11, 2017
Am k crazy for thinking none of this is really cheap? I mean xbox 1 and ps4 is 6 turning 7 years old at this point , and the switch lite is about where it should be

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, that seems crazy aggressive for Nintendo and Sony if it's true. Hopefully some of those deals spill over up here in Canada

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think they're hitting up against a brick wall of market saturation with that one. Just about anyone who wants a PS4 would have one by now.

The PS2 sold a third of its lifetime units after the PS3 came out. And the PS4 hasn't even reached the PS2 install base yet in a much bigger games market. $200+ is not a mass market price. $150 with a bunch of games is. We haven't had a PlayStation system price reduced to a mass market level since 2007. If they really go $150 everywhere I could see this holiday being the highest selling one of the PS4's lifespan.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PS2 sold a third of its lifetime units after the PS3 came out. $200+ is not a mass market price. $150 with a bunch of games is. We haven't had a PlayStation system price reduced to a mass market level since 2007. If they really go $150 everywhere I could see this holiday being the highest selling one of the PS4's lifespan.

Not in the US it didn't. PS2 sales had dropped off by 2008 here. In developing markets maybe sure but that's a different can of worms.

It's probable in the US, the overwhelming majority of folks who would want a PS4 likely already own one.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I sold my Switch to GameStop for $200 like a month ago.
I really don't believe I can buy in for the same price

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe it for now, but holy shit I am salivating at the switch deals.

lol_not_ok

Mar 30, 2019
Gotta be fake. Kerning, type layout, etc pretty amateurish for the retailers biggest weekly ad of the year.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
this ad is as real as my uncle working for nintendo, why would the front page be consoles only, have specific numbers for pages when a layout isn't done yet, and the Xbox bundle including horizon 3 of all things

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Those Switch prices are going to result in a damn bloodbath on BF at Wal-Mart...not that that's exactly a new thing.

OP
OP
Diarrhea Day-Lewis
Oct 27, 2017
this ad is as real as my uncle working for nintendo, why would the front page be consoles only, have specific numbers for pages when a layout isn't done yet, and the Xbox bundle including horizon 3 of all things

Isn't the official All Digital Bundle MC+SoT+FH3?

but yes, this could all be wrong of course, it's a rumor.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Switch deal is way too good to be true. Completely fake.

If real, Darknight's OT is a frame 1 thread this year no question. Would be WILD.

Damn, I wasn't prepared to be putting up the OT today. I have a page that's like 80% ready to go but I figure I'd have another week to polish it off. However, looking at the OP, it screams fake to me. I guess I should get the OT ready to go just in case something legit does come up.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
$300 Pro without a bundled game is disappointing if true, it'll probably be cheaper to buy one locally than importing one from the US.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

I don't think you can get an Xbox One all digital without SoT, FH3 and Minecraft. Part of the packaging.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I value my life too much to attempt to get Switch for that price at Walmart on Black Friday.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I really think the Slim at 149$ is possible. They had the Slim + Spiderman at 200$ last year.

Nintendo isn't Sony. Console prices are usually coordinated with the console manufacturer and tend to be uniform across stores. You'd have to believe that Nintendo would allow this or even want this type of pricing. We're talking about the company who doesn't lower their prices on their first party games. I'm not saying you won't see a discount or bundle on a Switch, but if you do, I highly doubt it's going to be 33% off a normal Switch and 25% off the Lite.