• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo isn't Sony. Console prices are usually coordinated with the console manufacturer and tend to be uniform across stores. You'd have to believe that Nintendo would allow this or even want this type of pricing. We're talking about the company who doesn't lower their prices on their first party games. I'm not saying you won't see a discount or bundle on a Switch, but if you do, I highly doubt it's going to be 33% off a normal Switch and 25% off the Lite.
I was talking about the PS4 Slim not the Switch Lite.

Regarding your overall point, I agree. However, Nintendo can be aggressive when they see a point. They said that they wanted to grow their userbase as fast as possible before next-gen. It might fit into this strategy.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I was talking about the PS4 Slim not the Switch Lite.

Regarding your overall point, I agree. However, Nintendo can be aggressive when they see a point. They said that they wanted to grow their userbase as fast as possible before next-gen. It might fit into this strategy.

Oops, my bad. I read the Slim as the Lite for some reason. I agree with your assessment about the PS4 then. I think it's not improbable that we see a Slim that cheap, but I think the Switch pricing in my eyes pretty much nails this as a fake. I'd be shocked if Nintendo did that this year.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
A $149.99 PS4 is going to obliterate.

PS4 at $199 almost hit 2 million sold in November 2018. The only reason it didn't, is because Sony ran out of PlayStations to sell.

Last edited:

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the official All Digital Bundle MC+SoT+FH3?

but yes, this could all be wrong of course, it's a rumor.
I don't think you can get an Xbox One all digital without SoT, FH3 and Minecraft. Part of the packaging.
Microsoft has updated the packaging to replace FH3 with some Fortnite stuff, at least at GameStop and Target.

Could be Wal-Mart won't get it, or indication that Xbox is updating it for the holidays.

A $149.99 PS4 is going to obliterate.

PS4 at $199 almost hit 2 million sold in November 2018. The reason why it didn't, is because Sony ran out of PlayStations to sell.
2017, and not even then. Still sold under 1.7M then, and then 2018 was under 1.5M even with Cyber Monday week in the tracking period (almost always in the December tracking).

Sony sold all the PS4's they wanted at $199.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
150 for a revision of a system that just came out that is selling at its price point and the same for a PS4 which is also selling insanely well?? Thats very hard for me to believe. The strategy I've seen is to sell the hardware with software bundles as long as I can remember in recent history, why the sudden change up??

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$150 for a ps4? Did PS3 even drop that much? I feel like the lowest last gen got was $179 for certain 360s.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
damn $150 switch lite i'd definitely get in on. have no hope of that being 'in stock' if it happens though

Oct 31, 2017
If true I will definitely buy the PS4 Slim 1TB. I will consider buying the XBOS All Digital and the Switch Lite. That will cost me less than the PS5 or Scarlett at launch and last me a good 3 years.

EDIT: Seems fake.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
so Xbox SA is same price as PS4 slim just with some games? Fail.

149 is really not bad though.

and 149 for lite, it will fly off the shelves wonder if i can get one...

EDit: seems fake I see

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This would be great sales, but I'm not sure I believe it. I hope it's accurate, but it kinda seems too good to be true.

Would definitely grab at least one system, and may 2. If the systems have this good of sales, I'm sure there will be some killer deals on games as well, which is what I'm most interested in.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fake, too simplistic for a Walmart Black Friday ad, which are normally very well produced. The text also doesn't respect spacing between elements as one would expect from a professional design, so I have doubts.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fake, too simplistic for a Walmart Black Friday ad, which are normally very well produced. The text also doesn't respect spacing between elements as one would expect from a professional design, so I have doubts.
Yeah, it looks pretty low effort for what is normally THE print advert of the year to grab people's attention. Also seems a bit early from when we normally start seeing these (about 3-4 weeks out).

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Ummm yeah I'm not buying this one, those prices seem way too good to be true. If it does somehow end up happening I might bite on the PS4 slim (I already sold my Pro) just to play FFVII and some occasional Bloodborne...

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
The best price I've seen for one is $275... Why chop so much off the price if it's selling really well already?

As a promo Facebook Marketplace was selling switches at $180 and many on this forum got one.
UQgdw.jpeg

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I'd buy the $200 switch in a heartbeat but I bet the best it'll go really is around $250 once you factor in gift card or something.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Calling fake for 2 reasons.

1. 100 off the best selling console is too much.
2. There is too much empty space in that page. Black Friday ads are jam packed with deals. That Xbox section is extremely barren for an expensive ad.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks more like the prices you'd see if you asked someone looking for one what they want the price to be. Especially the Nintendo stuff and a $150 PS4.

Who knows though. Could be legit. PS4 was $200 last year with Spider Man if I remember right, so logically if the deal was going to be any better you'd either have a $150 PS4 or a $200 PS4 with $50 Gift Card or something like that. Same deal with Switch. It seems like they'd go full price with a $100 gift card or $250 with a $50 GC as opposed to just taking $100 off.

I'll go with team real. Or at least real close to actual BF pricing.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Neat (if true about the Lite).

The item I really hope sees a discount are the Arcade1Up cabs. I'd love to get some of the wave 1's for a good discount. I think last year they were $50 off.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Team fake. I would love for this to be true, especially since Wal Mary is a pretty easy place to BF shop where I am( guaranteed in stock for almost everything the past 3-4 years) but this just looks fake to me. Hey, would love to eat crow on this one though. I'd buy another switch for that price.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so fake. $200 for a normal Switch? Nah.

The only deal you'll see on a Switch is like $300 with a game included or more likely, Switch for $300 with a game for $30. It's selling too well to go on sale at a $100 discount.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$150 PS4? Damn that would probably kick its sales back into high gear even if only for a single month.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Think they're hitting up against a brick wall of market saturation with that one. Just about anyone who wants a PS4 would have one by now.
Lol no

It will sell it's entire shipment at that price. You greatly underestimate budget shoppers.

That $50 drop from last year BF is huge to some people

Jun 23, 2019
Think they're hitting up against a brick wall of market saturation with that one. Just about anyone who wants a PS4 would have one by now.
2017, and not even then. Still sold under 1.7M then, and then 2018 was under 1.5M even with Cyber Monday week in the tracking period (almost always in the December tracking).

Sony sold all the PS4's they wanted at $199.

You two are severely underestimating what a $150 PS4 can sell and would have to be bonkers to believe that Sony wouldn't immediately sell out of their allocation.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
This is 100% fake. It doesn't follow their brand guidelines at all, and the layout is atrocious.

Yeah it looks way too plain and amateur looking, even with using the "it's a first draft" excuse.

Their ads usually look the same as their weekly ones, and this looks completely different. A lot of white/dead space.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this turns out true. I stopped by Nintendo NY after work today and held a Switch Lite demo in my hand and almost bought it on the spot. So nice and comfortable. $150 would be perfect.