• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Rumour: Forza Horizon 4 to be set in the UK?

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.gtplanet.net/mclaren-se...0-and-more-found-in-forza-motorsport-7-files/

"The latest Forza 7 update landed yesterday. While it brought a variety of new cars to the franchise, it’s what Turn 10 has hidden in the files that has us even more excited. As the title implies, there’s a lot of surprises"

Basically TheAdmiester found hidden files in the latest update and found some very British choices, as these have just been added they are brand new and most likely going to be added to the upcoming Forza Horizon game.

In the past Forza Motorsport 6 added a bunch of Australian cars to the game before Forza Horizon 3 was announced, so this could be a pretty good idea of things to come.

Here are some of the cars. All British and all either highly requested cars from the UK audience or goofy/wacky cars fit just right for Forza Horizon.

New additions:

Returning cars:

Last edited:

D65

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm...

I would like to see London like MSR tho. But I hope it's Japan.

I also don't agree with the logic here.

Oct 30, 2017
I thought Forza Horizon was supposed to be the upbeat and colourful companion to the original Forza games. You don't get a lot of that in England and I live here.

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck no. I seriously hope that's not the case. Man I wish we had some strong rumours about Japan but instead it's just mostly us fans wishing it's Japan.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Maybe I am misreading this, but why would files for a potential FH4 be patched into FM7? Wouldn't it be much more likely that it is a future DLC pack for the game they are put into?

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I am misreading this, but why would files for a potential FH4 be patched into FM7? Wouldn't it be much more likely that it is a future DLC pack for the game they are put into?
people think everything forza is done by the same guy
not just same studio, also the same person

OP
OP
Oct 28, 2017
There were hidden files found in FH3 for cars that never made it until FM7. Obviously it's not 100% but just a guess based on the past events.

Oct 25, 2017
Does the rumour also suggest that it'll be possible to connect it to Forza Horizon 2, but only until an update hits in June next year?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
people think everything forza is done by the same guy
not just same studio, also the same person
That was my guess :p

There were hidden files found in FH3 for cars that never made it until FM7. Obviously it's not 100% but just a guess based on the past events.
Thanks, that was the missing context then. Still not fully convinced, but it makes a lot more sense if there is precedent.

Mar 1, 2018
Both. Forza 6 randomly got a whole load of Aussie cars before anyone knew where FH3 would be set. This is basically more of the same. OP might want to add this point to the post as it explains *why* it suggests this about FH4.

Also, the cars make perfect sense as barn finds or showcase rewards IMO.

EDIT: Also, some Forza DLC tends to include prep for the next game, such as the influx of SUVs and cruising cars in FM7, and track cars like the Radical RXC in FH3. Basically it’s most likely both DLC for FM7 and a prep for FH4, the fact that the cars have a clear theme to them supports he latter.

Oct 28, 2017
cars =/= hinting locations

maybe microsoft couldnt get the licenses for FH3 in time and just used them in FM7. the two games are still done by different studios so one have nothing to do/hint about the other

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Man that real time weather will be something else if it based in ole blighty. Maybe they are going back to FH2 style, although I did love the outback racing in FH3.

Everyone has wanted Japan since Forza Horizon, I’m sure one day it will happen and it will look insane. Xbox Two maybe.