• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
UK B roads are amazing. Cheddar gorge, most of Wales especially around Snowdonia and the Evo triangle, the Pennine roads like snake pass and the little roads around Macclesfield forest really standing out, Yorkshire Dales especially downhill on roads like cam gill being some of my favorites. Give it the VR treatment on PC and I'm 100% sold
Welsh roads are indeed incredible.
POTW_GT3inWales_4to3.jpg

ferrari-f12-tdf-ll-web-0123.jpg

397956-road-llyn-stwlan-north-wales.jpeg

6a9c3e7eacb898eb7c61e25e511e1caa.jpg

resize.php

ferrari-f12-tdf-ll-web-0113.jpg

and watch out for these buggers

5e13aa8ed42bf39ba02aadc8e2565035.jpg

bpwoogzifti9fptkjtjp.jpg

There's also some brilliant welsh rally stages

8863_atWorld_Wales-Cover-2016_2.jpg

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy it for sure if it was set here! Let me drive around Scotland.

The only thing is the weather would need to be wet/miserable all the time. Horizon always has a sunny feel to it.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, ideally, you'd make a game that caters to people who will actually buy the console, so UK seems like the logical choice, even if Japan would be superior by pretty much every metric. Japan would like the fact that it exists and maybe compliment it, but they'd never play it, because they have to buy (gasp) a non-Japanese console to play it.

OP
OP

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
I mean, ideally, you'd make a game that caters to people who will actually buy the console, so UK seems like the logical choice, even if Japan would be superior by pretty much every metric. Japan would like the fact that it exists and maybe compliment it, but they'd never play it, because they have to buy (gasp) a non-Japanese console to play it.
They could play it on PC also, though they aren't the hugest PC gamers either.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Japan would be so good, it has it's own unique look, feel and colour palette, both in the city and the countryside.

Oct 27, 2017
Not super into the idea, no doubt it will still be a good game but after getting Japan rumors this is just sorta stale in comparison.

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't mind a FH4 UK. Would love to see the countless YouTube videos on Spaghetti Junction confusion. Would also be a blast to scream a Ferrari up the M1 from London to Scotland. You guys say it's all dull and shit, but the UK makes for a good location to showcase all sorts of weather effects: sun, rain, snow, fog, thunder/lightning etc. I'm sure PG would ace it, they're a top studio.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
This game will be nothing if I'm not able to race a Sinclair C5 through the Bullring in Birmingham

getty-clive-sinclair-c5-alexandra-palace.jpg
If you do race through Birmingham, you want it to be how it was a couple of years back and not the clusterfuck of roadworks and civil engineering it is at the moment...plus it will need this car.

Q3UE78

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I'll play the next one regardless of the setting, but I want one set in Asia soon.

They have to know Japan is in high demand, so maybe they're saving it for the next Xbox.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
One of the funniest time I had driving was in Scotland. And the setting is amazing there. So I am in.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope the rain and cloud effects are top notch then, as I expect to spend 99% of the game covered with them lol

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Id be down for this. We need more uk representation in games! I want next gta in uk! Or a new getaway!!

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Doubt it will recreate any of the UK be more representation of the different biomes the UK has like the other Forza Horizon games so probably be a Lake district, a city, a bunch country villages, a sea side town etc. Just hope they fix performance Issues in the towns this time.

blalala

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda hoping it's neither Japan nor the UK. It's a little thing but driving on the left (in FH3) really irks me.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If UK, it will pretty much be the rebirth of PGR2. Would not say no to the UK but Japan would be a better fit.

Oct 30, 2017
Horizon games have always been focused on scenery. I don't see that changing until the next gen. UK sounds more plausible than Japan to me, simply because Japanese car culture has so many ties to the urban setting.

no way. where do you think kids go to drift? mountains!

japan is the perfect setting for horizon, though the UK could also be great.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welsh roads are indeed incredible.
POTW_GT3inWales_4to3.jpg

ferrari-f12-tdf-ll-web-0123.jpg

397956-road-llyn-stwlan-north-wales.jpeg

6a9c3e7eacb898eb7c61e25e511e1caa.jpg

resize.php

ferrari-f12-tdf-ll-web-0113.jpg

and watch out for these buggers

5e13aa8ed42bf39ba02aadc8e2565035.jpg

bpwoogzifti9fptkjtjp.jpg

There's also some brilliant welsh rally stages

8863_atWorld_Wales-Cover-2016_2.jpg

This times 100.

Too many uncultured heathen in this thread who haven't traveled/driven around the UK to see what it has to offer from a driving road perspective. It's one of the best countries in the world for that sort of thing. I live in Dubai and I wish we had the driving roads like we do back in the UK here.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Are they based in UK? I'm sure they get a tax break if the game is set here. Should help offset all the sales they will lose with the game being on Gamepass.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, just give me lots of mountain roads, I don't care where.
Have I played a different Horizon? Because the one I have played has become more and more flat to jive with the open world drive anywhere environment. Mountain roads won't ever be the main thing of this franchise. As an addon, sure, but even Blizzard Mountain was very open and not very mountaney.

If Fulton did indeed say that California was the runner-up for the first three Horizons as the setting I think that is very much a possibility (and preferably, because right side of the road). There seems to be quite some buzz lately that it's not Japan, which leads me to believe Microsoft wants to get that rumour out of the way before E3 so they don't have to deal with the disappointment after the announcement.

OP
OP

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Not sure what the big deal is about driving on the left, it's a racing games so you're most likely all over the road anyway. I never cared much about traffic laws in racing games lol.