• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Whoops.

Edit: Tweet gone. The plot thickens.

Last edited:

Noobcraft

Nov 23, 2017
I just recently finished Silver but I'm in for this. I haven't played ever played Crystal.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Was holding out for this. Played a lot of Silver growing up but going back to the exact same game years isn't that interesting as I learned with Yellow on 3DS.

Having those *new* Crystal additions make things much more appealing to me.

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
This hasn't been confirmed yet, but presumably they wouldn't make a post like this on nothing.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
People that bought Gold or Silver on 3DS there in the back watching Nintendo's usual virtual console modus operandi.
Mbznphz.gif

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Thought data miners already confirmed this a few months ago as there is spaces on the eshop between blue and gold. Alphabetically Crystal would go there. Wish we knew when it was coming exactly.

Blabadon

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Something about these games' art and UI style being so simplistic and blocky really appeals to me.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Yellow was my first. Crystal was the best. <3 One of my fondest childhood memories and when I lost my first copy I was DEVASTATED lmao. Of course when we are kids we tend to blow things out of proportion but man, I was really depressed.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was obvious and very smart on their part.
If all three were released on the same day then of course everyone was going to buy Crystal instead of the other two games.

Okami

Oct 28, 2017
"Quick, come down and pre-order it!"
Why would one pre-order a eShop game at GAME?

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yes! Had faith and skipped Gold and Silver for this. Will be my bedtime game for a good long time next year then!

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Hmm, I guess they figured out what to do with the Pokemon Communication Center then? Presumably that was the only thing they had to work around for release and the only reason we didn't see it out with GS

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good to hear, I did find it a bit off that Crystal was initially skipped while Yellow came out st the same time as the other Gen 1 VC games. Hopefully we'll get official confirmation from Nintendo in the near future.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting! Kind of makes me wish I still had a 3DS, but I wouldn't have time to play anyway. I wonder when this will actually release. Could it be part of the January Direct? Has Nintendo announced any Pokemon VC games outside of a Direct?

Rich

Oct 28, 2017
England
Eh....I've already dumped my GBC Pokemon Crystal Cart, converted it to a GBC VC title and installed it via homebrew onto my N3DS. And I've finished it too.

But it's great news for those who haven't played Gold/Silver/Crystal. It's by far the best version.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I bought Silver, don't regret it - put a good number of hours into it. Will probably end up buying Crystal anyway. All about that early Phanpy.

Deleted member 7529

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Pokémon Gold/Silver suffer from the same issue as Red/Blue where turning in place was incredibly difficult compared to the original release? It was as if the sensitivity for movement was turned up.

I was really excited for the Red/Blue release, but even something so small as that really hindered my enjoyment.

OP
OP
Jonneh

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It was GAME Bournemouth I believe and the Tweet indeed seems like it was taken down.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How will they deal with the mobile shit in the JP version?