• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
On the latest podcast, Jeff Grubb has apparently heard of a PlayStation event for the first week of June.

"I'm also hearing from multiple people that Sony will actually have a show the first week of June," Grubb says in the video above. "I can't confirm that but I'm hearing from a bunch of different people but maybe that's just scuttlebutt."

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we hear rumors like this about a Playstation event every single month.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like the overall communication for Sony has been weak this generation.

1st week of June? Sony should themselves let us know when their event will drop, even if it is in August.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the overall communication for Sony has been weak this generation.

1st week of June? Sony should themselves let us know when their event will drop, even if it is in August.
Obviously they will. No real benefit in announcing a showcase that far ahead though.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This could be so many different things

The Dream - A Full-Fledged PlayStation Showcase with First Party reveals and big-ticket announcements

The Hope - A Ragnarok or FFXVI-Focused State of Play

The Reality - A Vanilla State of Play centred on External Partners and Indie Announcements

I usually enjoy State of Plays so no hate there, but let's not get too crazy with the expectations just yet

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"There might be an event then but I don't know for sure so I don't risk any hit to my reputation if there won't be anything."

Can we stop giving insiders attention who are not willing to double down on what they're telling us.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
MAYBE IT'S MAYBELLINE~~~

Maybe-Its-Maybelline.jpg

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I think it's safe to assume we are near a second semester showcase.

We still haven't heard much from late 2022 titles for the Playstation exclusives and third party marketing. Safe bets are God of War and FF16 (after the confirmation of a new trailer), but I'm also expecting something from Resident Evil (the Village DLC is confirmed, although the buzz is around 4 Remake).

Plus.... Call of Duty MW2 is still a Playstation marketing exclusive right? Several streamers and celebrities already played...

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why they would willingly go first and risk getting overwhelmed and forgotten by everything else happening the next week. Either they have a real banger planned or know it's somewhat lackluster and want to get it out of the way.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
That would be nice, everyone showcasing what they have in early June.

But let's wait for an official confirmation...

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
If he's not confident enough to put it on his website, it's not worth entertaining.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
cant wait for jim to come and talk about his pets. /s

hopefully is the same week as ms and sgf

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If he's not confident enough to put it on his website, it's not worth entertaining.

Accurate. He randomly muses about shit in his podcast all the time. People need to stop putting so much importance on his words like this. If he actually thought it was happening he would print it.

Oct 30, 2017
Give me GoW:Ragnarok and Stray release dates ASAP.

---> of course SE needs to have their own event for announce their own release dates for their games

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that Sony will do a big event sometime before the end of the first half of 2022, but plans always change so I could see it being shifted to later in the year.

I can see them showing something from Spider-Man 2 and confirm the date for God of War Ragnarok, but they might wanna wait until next year to show Spider-Man 2 and GoW:R might be delayed against all odds.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he also just tweet like a day or two ago that it wasn't looking likely Sony would have a mid summer showcase and that it would more likely be late summer/early fall?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Will it be a showcase or a State of Play is the big question.

It would be around the same time as their former E3 showing but hopefully not at 2am.

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
Grubb is truly the Nostradamus of modern times. Society would surely be lost without his amazing insight.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Yo, let's goooooooo. Screw E3, all I want is a bunch of shows withing a couple weeks of each other!

Oct 28, 2017
Probably an event to outline the games in PlayStation Premium (and maybe a timeline of some of the games coming in the future) + some new trailers maybe ending with a big thing like God of War or Last of Us 2 multiplayer.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it, just noticed last night they recently added a bunch of new tiles on PSN. Ragnarok, Midnight Suns, Gotham Knights, etc

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
So much Sony could potentially show off. New PSN+, God Of War, Final Fantasy XVI, Factions, New reveals, maybe MW2 stuff to milk the marketing rights while they can lol

Status
Not open for further replies.