• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
Anaconda $999 confirmed

But seriously, E3 reveal sounds like a 2019 release

And disk drive less machine needs to be 1tb storage minimum

A 2019 release would make a lot more sense than revealing the next-gen consoles a year and a half before launch...but if that was the case, I feel like we would've heard a lot more about their plans by now.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
The options Microsoft are offering for next gen are overwhelming (in a bad way).

Because the console isn't there focus now. Subscription services is where they believe the money is. Game Pass and cloud gaming is their focus.

You have to think of the new Xbox hardware like those SteamBoxes Valve was trying to push earlier this decade except these will be more affordable.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
The average consumer has no idea. E3 news spreads to mainstream media. I think It's possibly kneecapping sales for current consoles announcing this early.

Yeah, that's a point, true. But the news of Xbox being more a brand than a console, being able to stream games everywhere, should be big enough news to not affect hw sales too much.

Oct 27, 2017
While I have lots of reservations about the next gen Xbox (wish Lockhart wasn't there) I wouldnt br against a 2019 release but I doubt it

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The apparent 2 SKU launch approach and their willingness to talk at E3 this year would seem to indicate that they are quite confident in having the strongest console option available next generation.

Means nothing. Nintendo talked and showed the wii u, a year and a half before launch. Until we see both sets of specs, we're just speculating.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Because the console isn't there focus now. Subscription services is where they believe the money is. Game Pass and cloud gaming is their focus.

You have to think of the new Xbox hardware like those SteamBoxes Valve was trying to push earlier this decade except these will be more affordable.
My SteamBox cost $400. And I love it... and I want a new one...

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales

Lol MS cloud gaming is powerd by One S hardware. It's next console will be a night and day difference from the One X, never mind S

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
343 has already come out and said they want to tell simpler stories in Halo after Halo 5... happened.

I wouldn't be so quick to freak out about this. I don't expect a whole lot more than Gears' "branching story decisions". Certainly not more than Farcry.
This is really good to hear. I still don't feel like I have a solid grasp of what went down in 4 and 5. Just give me a simple sci fi story that brings back a sense of mystery.