• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/10065...eux-prochaines-xbox-devoilees-a-l-e3-2019.htm

So there will be two different models, one weaker and cheaper with no blu-ray reader and one uber powerful and expensive.

Precisions :

- Two Scarlett devices announced this E3: Lockhart and Anaconda
- Lockhart = entry level device, no disc drive, digital focused machine
- Anaconda = high end device, price similar to Xbox One X's launch price
- Xbox should announce a disc drive less Xbox One in the coming months
- Launch fall 2020
- For the specs sheet, they say that this is what was rumored to be but can only confirm the presence of SSDs on both machines. They're NOT confirming the full sheet.
- Halo Infinite is a launch crossgen game
- Ninja Theory's game is slated for early 2020

Update:

Not all of those specs are accurate.

Last edited:

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway

There is a clear table inside the article that you can understand even if you don't know french :)

But this: Disque dur SSD 1To NVMe 1+GB/s
Is not happening on a streaming device.
I don't think you will have a 1 TB NVMe drive in the more expensive one either. I have one of those in my work thinkpad and it increased the price by like $500.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
1tb ssd with 1GB/s is a big surprise if real, the rest is kind of what I would expect, 8 core zen2 with smt, 12 tflops navi, 16GB of ram..

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is the X gonna be like the "base" console then? With Lockhart the streaming one and Anaconda the new X?

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Good to see my fellow frenchmen breaking some news here :)

I love what I see ! This a great strategy I will go for the 500$ model of course.

Do I see SDD ? Finally :)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
this article is just reposting the reddit leak and saying they can confirm that next gen will have an SSD.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Is the X gonna be like the "base" console then? With Lockhart the streaming one and Anaconda the new X?

Wouldn't that suck in comparison since it has the jaguar cpu?
Even the streaming one with 4 TF would be more "powerfull" just due to the CPU. Or be able to hit 1080p60 more easily at least in cpu intensive games.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Is this based on some insider information they got hold of or is this speculation on their end?

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
E3 2019 ? That soon ? I wasn't expecting to see MS announcing next-gen that soon...even more soon than Sony...

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
I don't understand how Lockhart seems to have a lower GPU than Xbox One X (but way better CPU and faster RAM despite the same amount). I guess at least it'll be able to perform more or less the same thanks to a more advanced tech...

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Yeah, I put one in my PS4 and it basically doubled the price of the console.

It also halves the loading speed.
I've said before that I want a PS5 SKU without a disc in the bay so you can install one yourself.
It's not gonna happen but I know I'll most likely rip out the drive and replace it myself anyway. Even if the new one comes with a SSD I'd probably want my own SSD in there with bigger space and better specs than they would offer since the console makers would have to keep costs low.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
the title should be fixed as they dont confirm the specs, rather just the existence of an SSD.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Summary please.

Also how reliable are they ?
The journalist in charge of the Xbox for them had reveal Nier Automata for the One before everyone else, that's the only thing I remember.

Summary :

- E3 Reveal for Scarlett, with a big focus on Gears of War
- Lockhart Navi 4TF/discless/8coreZen2/12Gb DDR6/SSD 1Tb NVMe - One S pricing and emphasize on streaming abilities
- Anaconda Navi 12Tf/8coreZen2/16Gb DDR6/SSD 1Tb NVMe - One X pricing
- Halo Infinite also released for the One.
- Ninja Theory game for early 2020 (no mention of the platform)

For SKU specs, they just had confirmation that it'a gonna be close from the january leaks they reproduce here.

Last edited:

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Is this based on some insider information they got hold of or is this speculation on their end?

They say they have their own sources.

Anyway what's up with the gigantic GPU gap. Doesn't seem plausible. And how can the budget SKU afford a 1tb SSD ?

Also an announcement this E3 for a release a year and a half later, Xbox sales would crater

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
DF expecting 24GB (at least) for next-gen consoles.
Yeah sure, keep dreaming ^^

It will be 16GB for both PS5 and Xbox Two, and It's ok.
The real problem is still the push for the useless 4K, I really hope games will have an 1080p option for better framerate but most developers just doesn't care and they will stick will the "standard", sadly.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
OP it doesn't say one is for streaming.

A streaming box doesn't have a 4TF+ GPU, 12gb RAM and a 1tb SSD.

This is more like S vs X. A suspect one will be 1080p and the other will linearly scale to 4K, if the only difference is the GPU/VRAM. That way games can target Anaconda and will simply scale down in resolution to accommodate the base unit.

But this is probably just regurgitated rumours. The SSD rumour comes from here with the verified poster saying that SSD is included as standard, and it should make more sense why during GDC. I suspect it's because these are going to have a smaller form factor than we are used to from consoles.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP it doesn't say one is for streaming.

A streaming box doesn't have a 4TF+ GPU, 12gb RAM and a 1tb SSD.

This is more like S vs X. A suspect one will be 1080p and the other will linearly scale to 4K.

Yeah sounds like one is your 900p-1080p box for $300 and then you have your 4K version with more effects for $500.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
okay so the details the article actually does say:
1) both scarlett machines will feature an SSD
2) scarlett will be revealed in E3 2019
3) halo infinite is the launch game

however the performance metrics in there are just a repost of the xbox reddit leak, which still reads totally fake to me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
From Thurrot a couple of months back

Microsoft refers to Anaconda as Scarlett Pro and Lockhart as Scarlett Arcade. Think of Lockhart as the successor to the Xbox One S, whereas Anaconda is the successor to the Xbox One X. And to toss one more name into the bunch, Danta is the name of the Scarlett devkit that is based on Anaconda.

On the xCloud side of things, there is Anthem; this is what Microsoft calls the Xbox One S version of its cloud platform. Anthem V2 will roll out later next year which will be based on a revised version of the Xbox One S that is focused on reducing the cost to manufacture the hardware. And of course, there is an Anaconda Cloud in the works as well.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I called it as well, that Microsoft would Breath of the Wilded Halo Infinite. Makes the most sense in the world. I expect Sony to do the same with TLOU 2.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Hope its more than 16gb ram. 16gb of ram for next gen games,vram 4k,OS.. 20-24 would be perfect