• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
What a day for jeuxvideo.com ! Alongside the specs leaks on Scarlett, jeuxvideo.com reveals the result of an investigation ( over 2 months ) into the upcoming Nintendo and Microsoft partnership. They reveal the following details :

- Nintendo and Microsoft had several meetings in Redmond regarding their upcoming partnership

- They confirm Ori and the Blind Forest will come on the Swith, but Cuphead as well

- More than 100 Xbox games will be available on Switch via Gamepass and/or X Cloud ( before the end of the year )

- Rare games could also come to the Switch. No details, but jeuxvideo.com believes Rare Replay could be a good candidate.

- No mention of Scalebound during their investigation

- Their sources refuses to say if Nintendo games could en up on Microsoft platforms

- A High profile Microsoft franchise ( Halo, Forza or Gears ) could come on the Nintendo Switch. However, they don't know in what capacity ( 360 port ? Xbox One game ? ). This is still under discussion between Microsoft and Nintendo.

EDIT : just to be clear the High profile Microsoft games - Halo, Gears or Forza - coming to the Switch is not confirmed, so that part is still a rumor.

so here is a recap :

Confirmed by jeuxvideo.com : meetings between Nintendo and Microsoft, Ori and the Blind Forest, Cuphead, Gamepass and X Cloud coming to the Switch

Rumors : Halo, Forza or Gears and Rare games coming to the Switch

Source : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/10065...cient-des-jeux-xbox-debarquent-sur-switch.htm

Last edited:

Massa

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds to me like that website likes to guess things and pass them off as rumors.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
So... it would be a Nintendo-curated selection of games on these services? Not full open access to your gamepass/xcloud sub from Switch?

That sort of makes sense from a control perspective for Nintendo.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean really if GamerPass is a go on Switch all three are coming to Switch, just in actual port form ... I would guess Master Chief Collection for Switch (modified as needed).

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be getting all of them with Game Pass but it's nice that Microsoft are committing to doing traditional ports too. Considering the main preferences of Switch gamers that will probably be more lucrative short term, and maybe some people will buy a game like Halo and be interested to try more Microsoft games on Game Pass later.

It's kind of sick to imagine that soon the biggest 3rd party player on Switch will be Microsoft.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Nintendo partnering with Sony would be better but I'm guessing it will never happen because over the failed Sony Super Nintendo

I wonder if it means Nintendo next console could be very powerful with Microsoft help but keeping the price cheap.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, what would MS get out of this? Certainly they want something significant in return. I'm just imagining how insane Breath of the Wild would look and play on the X but that seems completely alien to me and probably too good to be true. Really hope they get some Nintendo games though.

EDIT: Thanks for all the replies, won't have time to reply to everyone though! Seems the general consensus is that this won't benefit Xbox users as much as Switch users, but who knows what will happen in the future.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Ok, what would MS get out of this? Certainly they want something significant in return. I'm just imagining how insane Breath of the Wild would look and play on the X but that seems completely alien to me and probably too good to be true. Really hope they get some Nintendo games though.

A small price to pay for Goldeneye 007 XBLA finally coming out!

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I need this. This would really be great for both Microsoft and Nintendo. I can't believe we've reached an age where this kind of cross pollination is even seriously rumored. What a time to be alive lol.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you forgot literally the first bit they're saying:
- cuphead & ori are currently being ported to the switch

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

The satisfaction of having one of their characters in a Smash Bros. game.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
The repositioning of Xbox as a multi-platform software ecosystem rather than a walled-off piece of hardware is going to lead to some crazy stuff in the next few years.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Halo on Switch?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're thinking in the mindset that Microsoft's main business is strengthening Xbox as a hardware brand. It's not, Xbox is all about a software echosystem now.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

If they do BOTW eith exclusive content... i wonder if people here will go crazy lime they did with DQ11 S definitive edition...

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
That's not what the article says.

Mais ce n'est pas tout ; car nos sources nous ont spécifié que des jeux plus gros que Cuphead et Ori seraient du voyage ; deux d'entre elles nous a fait savoir qu'un des membres du triangle d'or Halo / Gears of War / Forza était potentiellement concerné.

This is a maybe. As in, jeaxvideo heard that Microsoft and Nintendo were discussing it as a possibility. You shouldn't frame your thread title as if it's confirmed.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They want to have the defacto streaming service.

If they've cut a deal with Nintendo, they have a clear advantage over Google, Amazon, Sony, etc.

They would have their own XBox base, but also the Nintendo fan base to sell their service to.

That is not a small deal.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They get people to pay for the Gamepass subscription.

And that's it.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
If MS really only cares about MAU it works - Nintendo will do as they always do, which is whatever they want.

Still, that makes the Switch my dream console. Independent from the TV with real controllers and a great library. Just no way it happens

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017

I would say the opportunity open up shop on a Nintendo device and to market their services to Nintendo's audience, even if in a limited way compared to gamepass/xcloud on other devices, or in a Nintendo-controlled way, is more than enough return for MS.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They get people to pay for the Gamepass subscription.

And that's it.

Not only that, it's not like native ports to Switch of MS properties couldn't make bank. Ori, Rare Replay, Master Chief Collection, Cuphead .... you kidding? All of these have sky high potential to sell very well on the Switch.

Switch is the best selling hardware platform right now in the US and Japan and doing great in Europe also but it's badly under-served for software content, MS could very easily cash in. I'm sure that's not the main reason for MS, but it's not exactly charity money either, they probably stand to earn a considerable amount of money selling titles to the Nintendo audience.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
There is only one outcome that I hope to see from this collaboration of titans - a new fucking Freelancer game.