• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kingPaPi

Mar 28, 2018
Nyc/LA
As someone with every system and a pc this doesn't do anything for me, I'd much rather have Nintendo games on pc/ Xbox.

While I loved playing Zelda on the switch in portable mode, putting it on my 4K oled made it look like ass

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'll take all three if thats my only option - i dont plan to buy a xbox and i dont see them supporting PC as much...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If a Nintendo Microsoft partnership involving some Microsoft exclusives is happening some sort of Rare collection seems inevitable even if it's only the Nintendo era stuff, seeems super likely... although I wouldn't rule out a full on rare replay port either

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine telling yourself a year ago that Halo could be coming to the Nintendo Switch before a PC port.

Truly the wildest of times, hope something comes of all this.
I expect the heat death of the fucking universe gonna happen before a PC port

I gave up hope on that shit and if it happens now I'll consider it too little too late

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I'll end up buying the next Xbox if they really keep playing nice with Nintendo.

MS almost makes me wish I chose them as my second console instead of my PS4. Just could not afford to own all 3 plus a PC.

But if Switch gets love, I might just want to crossplay my Xbox games on a more powerful hardware in the future

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys can you imagine if this hadnt leaked and Nintendo showed up at MS conference or MS showed up on the E3 direct. I realize you could never keep this a secret though given how many people this must go through

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. What if the Nintendo Switch will be the Xbox 360 Handheld Microsoft never had? Imagine that, playing Xbox 360 Ports on the Switch and streaming Xbox One games too.

Wow. Love Microsoft and Nintendo.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm primarily a PlayStation gamer, but if Nintendo and Microsoft become partners (or even MS buys Nintendo which doesn't seem so far fetched anymore), the competition will be fierce!

Combining their first-party output would seriously put pressure on Sony, and they already have a great first-party output.

No, that's not what is happening.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
People need to stop seeing Xbox as a game console, and finally understand that it now is a PLATFORM.

Microsoft doesn't care if you play on an Xbox console, a PC, of now, possibly, on a Switch.They want you to buy and play their games, be it by direct sales or by the subscription model.

This is a total paradigm change. I understand that people here are reluctant to accept this kind of shift, but it's here to stay, and I believe it's going to make the industry better.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rare Replay for Switch would be amazing, crazy how Xbox is working on the portability aspect by going with Nintendo's Switch if these are to be believed. Cuphead would also be amazing

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
According to Windows Central, they wanted to but Sony refused because it competes with PS Now.

If that's the case does sound a bit like the Steam Link vs iOS App Store situation with Apple. reason of competing for sales. But in this case would be the PS catalog vs MS catalog on a Sony device.

Last edited:

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I bet it's Forza, that's the only one that's on PC game pass.

(The only other platform with a game pass that can't natively play 360/Xone software)

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Yes technically. But There is a difference.
If jeuxvideo.com confirms some information that means they have a very legit sources and they trust they can say this will happen in their story. They were very clear about what will happen amd what could happen.

I don't think jeuxvideo.com would go with such a story if they weren't sure of their sources. As this has been said by others, jeuxvideo.com is very well informed when it comes to Microsoft.
Yes, but you should still take it with a pinch of salt. Nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed.

That said, I do think it's true and am excited for it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It'll be crazy if it happens. It'll be hilarious if it doesn't. I won't believe it till I see it.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Yes technically. But There is a difference.
If jeuxvideo.com confirms some information that means they have a very legit sources and they trust they can say this will happen in their story. They were very clear about what will happen amd what could happen.

I don't think jeuxvideo.com would go with such a story if they weren't sure of their sources. As this has been said by others, jeuxvideo.com is very well informed when it comes to Microsoft.

I've repeated this like 5 times already it's tiring :) !

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'll end up buying the next Xbox if they really keep playing nice with Nintendo.

MS almost makes me wish I chose them as my second console instead of my PS4. Just could not afford to own all 3 plus a PC.

But if Switch gets love, I might just want to crossplay my Xbox games on a more powerful hardware in the future
I'm the opposite here as an owner of all 3. If I can play Xbox games on my switch there's no reason to own the Xbox anymore.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I hope this doesn't mean third parties on Switch will just opt to stream instead of natively running the games. As a person who uses their Switch outside the house this would suck

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
man these rumors are getting crazy

I honestly don't know how a Halo, Gears, or Forza game would work on the Switch without it being a port of a 360 entry.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe any of this for a second until the two companies announce it themselves. It sounds crazy.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
Man... there will be major meltdowns if this Nintendo x Microsoft partnership ends being false.
I don't see why. This potential partnership is basically a bonus for both Nintendo and MS at this point. Both companies are headed in the right direction regardless if this is all false. Nintendo is shaping up to have a tremendous 2019 and MS is doing all the right things to give themselves a good chance to take on PS5.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I don't believe any of this for a second until the two companies announce it themselves. It sounds crazy.

I am trying to be the same, but that's like 5-10 rumours from different sources now isn't it ?

Unless they are all building off the hype of each other's fake leaks, that's pretty hard to ignore

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
man these rumors are getting crazy

I honestly don't know how a Halo, Gears, or Forza game would work on the Switch without it being a port of a 360 entry.

It'll definitely be a 360 port. And initially it'll be just Halo, specifically Master Chief Collection. Jeuxvideo was only able to confirm Ori and Cuphead but I'm guessing Halo is among the first MS games on Switch as MS would want to test XBL cross play online on a traditional game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gears 360 collection are also on the way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I am trying to be the same, but that's like 5-10 rumours from different sources how isn't it ?

Unless they are all building off the hype of each other's fake leaks, that's pretty hard to ignore

When you have so many different sources. It's clear something is going on. And we're not talking about anonymous 4chan or Reddit sources here ( with all due respect ).