• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

For those who aren't able to watch it:

*EDITED FOR NEW INFO*

• There are 4 projects on work at XGP that people on Windows Central are aware of. Neither of them are the rumoured Kojima project.
  • The "cyclone" project is the furthest along on development, and likely the one that will be announced SOON™
  • The DRAGON that Jez teased in relation to Klobrille tweet is from another project.
  • 3 of those projects are NEW IPs. One of those is a SPIN OFF of a existing IP (duh)
  • One of them is something that he would never imagined in any level possible: be it the genre, the developer who is working on it and the scope of it.
  • 2 of those projects "are very very BIG" (scope/ budget ???). The "cyclone" project is one of them.
  • About the Cyclone Project: "Its being made by a very cool team, we talked about it being ambitious connected world, and it's going to be this big ONLINE MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE that kinda of does something VERY UNIQUE in this space. They're trying, for what it sounds like, make a MP game that isn't your third person looter shooter, it's not a MMO, it's something that kinda stays on its own thing."
  • The dev of the Cyclone Project hasn't been multiplayer centric in the past

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
This is vague enough that it really could end up being anything releasing in the coming five years.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
These vague reports about something but nothing but something are tiresome.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
  • One of them is something that he would never imagined in any level possible: be it the genre, the developer who is working on it and the scope of it.

Saying vague nonsense like this only further hypes gamers up to unrealistic expectations.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Not into multiplayer games, but I'm curious to see this Cyclone Project. It reads like a passion project (a studio that never worked on multiplayer games before, bringing in a new twist to the genre).

DinkyBox

Feb 21, 2021
I don't think we need a thread of every vague little rumour, even if the sources might know something. Like this does not say anything about anything. Of course, Xbox Global Publishing is working together with devs to publish games. That is the whole point of them. It would be more news if they said "XGP is not working on anything".

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
I'd definitely take more games where you play as a dragon. Can hope at least :D

Joo

May 25, 2018
If this is as much as someone is ready to share or knows about an unannounced game, they really should understand that it's best to not say anything. It really takes a toll on that person's credibility in my eyes. There's absolutely zero info here.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
The news here is that there's 4 projects not coming out of their 23 studios. One of them possibly up for an announcement at E3.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
The news here is that there's 4 projects not coming out of their 23 studios. One of them possibly up for an announcement at E3.
Yup, and that 3 are new IP.

Not that I thought any differently, but good to get some reassurance that XGP are still working away on multiple projects with external developers despite MS more than doubling the amount of their own creative teams.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I don't have much to say besides complain about this vague hypying of unannounced and maybe years away projects, "Something I never thought it would be possible", "A totally unique and new type of multiplayer"(by a studio that didn't have MP F.
Well, we might see one or more of these games this E3 so it won't take longer.

May 17, 2018
The only thing I got out of this was that there's someone out there named Miles Dompier, and, that's an amazing name.

Jan 4, 2018
This thread:
Z7HeRxU.png

Of course he won't leak what these games are. He wants to let the devs announce it and that's a good thing. And some details (it's not just "people are working on videogames") are always welcome, I don't see what's wrong with being vague enough.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn that is exciting stuff. And of course it's vague, they have to balance info with the potential of keeping the secret, it's cryptic by design. And yes, there's enough info here for us to speculate and get excited about.

The multiplayer cyclone project though.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn that is exciting stuff. And of course it's vague, they have to balance info with the potential of keeping the secret, it's cryptic by design. And yes, there's enough info here for us to speculate and get excited about.

The multiplayer cyclone project though.
What is getting you excited about Cyclone?

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread:
Z7HeRxU.png

Of course he won't leak what these games are. He wants to let the devs announce it and that's a good thing. And some details (it's not just "people are working on videogames") are always welcome, I don't see what's wrong with being vague enough.
There's no details.

Like one game is multiplayer and 3 are New IPs. I'm sure you could say the same thing for Sony or Nintendo.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Interest peaked for me. Anything that involves teaming up with others to take on challenging content is some of the most rewarding experiences I've had in gaming since it really became a bigger thing last gen.

Absolutely. Whilst I appreciate the love of SP games on Era, MP gaming (and for far longer than last gen) is my bread-and-butter. Bring it.