• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Sources are two Spanish websites

The super-production of Naughty Dog is even more important than that of Hideo Kojima, and according to Gamereactor comments sources close to the company, Sony is preparing to set the release date of Last of Us 2 this week.

In fact, they say, it will do so with a new trailer of the raw survival adventure of Joel and Ellie , marking the exact day they will return to PS4, most likely, this fall . No one doubts that The Last of Us: Part II will be used as an intergenerational game to support the launch of PlayStation 5 in 2020, but everything seems to indicate that Naughty Dog has it ready and that Sony wants it as the highest representative of its catalog of exclusives in a year in which it has lost strength.

However on this occasion we have received a tip from an anonymous source that ensures that this week we will have news of one of the most anticipated games of this generation; The Last of Us Part 2 .

Our source , very close to Sony, ensures that throughout this week the company plans to launch a new trailer on the next title of Naughty Dog, anticipating the first E3 that Sony will not attend with its own conference. Our source also told us that it is possible to announce a release date for the end of this year on PlayStation 4.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Hope they will do a State of Play with Death Stranding and TLOU, and not just release trailers/release date randomly

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding and TLOU2 trailers two weeks before e3 would be overkill

Their "source" probably saw Zhuge mention the Sony trailer this week thing and thought of TLOU2 when it's Death Stranding

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
If true, this would support the theory that they were just keeping the release/trailers away from Days Gone to not cannibalize the first-party action zombie game sales.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Would be great. Makes the wait for E3 abit easier also.
Dont think it will be this week tho with Death Stranding also. Next week would be better.

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has a good strategy plan. This timing before E3 with both TLOU 2 and Death Stranding reveals will get the spotlight on them. Clever!

Really excited for both games!

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
MS right now:
MassiveWillingChickadee-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 34385

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
some smart people over at sony, the timing and the fact that all these studios respected days gone release is amazing and great to see. ( i know that sony decides and manages all this, but still)

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Keeping next week entirely for its greatness, or course!

I wish.
I want to see more, the trailer has hyped me. Hope we will see something this year.

That'd be an interesting high seas horror game. Tsushima is taking its time I assume.
Ahah I'm not too fond of horror games but it's a great name yeah. As I want to see more, I agree Sucker Punch should take their time, the result will be amazing I think.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It never made sense for Sony to be quiet during E3 season in retrospect. Just because they're not spending millions having a presence at the show, doesn't mean they won't be part of the discourse.

Between this and the death stranding tease, I guess there's a new state of play on the cards?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So TLOU 2 might come out this year. Im betting on november. God i cant wait for that game

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Gamereactor is a little more well known, but LegionDeJugadores is kind of like a literally who site

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II and "next-gen" Call of Duty reveal (possibly) on the same day? Hm 🤔

Parker

Feb 5, 2018
I'm surprised they didn't wait to have a state of play closer to June 9th (Microsoft E3 Conference) to take some of the steam from them. I'm sure Sony is confident in their upcoming console's power and first party titles where they'll let Microsoft do what they want.