• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
do we know what the story is going to be though
it seems like Ellie fights a cult?

I remember Druckmann said that Ellie will be "hateful" in this game or that its about "hate" and not "love" like in the first one? (correct me if I'm wrong here)

we might not like Ellie at the end of this game guys, our love for her from the first game might radically shift to an unlikable person

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

I remember Druckmann said that Ellie will be "hateful" in this game or that its about "hate" and not "love" like in the first one? (correct me if I'm wrong here)

we might not like Ellie at the end of this game guys, our love for her from the first game might radically shift to an unlikable person

It's a game about hate, yep.
And it's a good thing imo, that our feelings about certain characters can change with a game.
I would be deeply disappointed if I finished TLOU2 feeling the same thing I felt before playing it.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, the theme for this one is hate. It will apply to the game as a whole.

As for my speculation on where things will go with Ellie, I think the revenge route is just the beginning to something deeper that will occur.

I would like if Ellie changes to the point where my feelings for her change too. It would potentially be a sign of good character development.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah, the theme for this one is hate. It will apply to the game as a whole.

As for my speculation on where things will go with Ellie, I think the revenge route is just the beginning to something deeper that will occur.
I'm still kind of skeptical about the whole cult thing. It's somewhat cliche in the post-apocalyptic genre. But of course I trust Druckmann will deliver something amazing

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Here's a short description from Neil Druckmann from last year https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_part_ii_gameplay_revealed
In The Last of Us Part II, Ellie is now 19 and has found a semblance of peace and normality living in Jackson. She's had a chance to be a teenager and forge lasting relationships. When that peace is disrupted by a violent act, Ellie is thrust into a brutal journey of retribution, fueled by a need to bring those that have wronged her to justice, pushing her to her very limits.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Joel's conflicted nature was one of the most interesting aspects of Last of Us, so I kind of hope that she goes into the morally grey stuff.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The Fireflies were/are a cult as well and I think they were handled pretty well
somewhat, although I think the Fireflies were more a militia that opposed the Government's oppression in the Quarantine Zones.....although they developed cult like tendencies

the Seraphites seem to have a lot of strong religious stuff, more cultish

Members of the Seraphites practice a form of ritualistic sacrifice. They hang their sacrifices by the neck and disembowel them, believing that they are "nested with sin". The phrase "clip their wings" also has particular significance to members of the cult, as it is used when in the presence of non-members whom they wish to harm.
Some Seraphite members appear to have specific labels for some of their enemies, such as "wolf", for people like Ellie, "demons" for The Infected, and "apostates", for defectors.
When out in the field, they use specific whistling techniques to communicate over long distances.

thelastofus.fandom.com

Seraphites

The Seraphites, colloquially called Scars, are a primitivist cult and antagonistic faction in The Last of Us Part II. They are currently at war with the Washington Liberation Front (WLF) for control of Seattle. The Seraphites began in the Lower Queen Anne suburb of Seattle between September 2013...

but all in all, it will probably be amazing anyways.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Do we really need to see more of this game? Given how good TLOU Part 1 was, I am sold already. I think I will avoid any media from now on in

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited for this game but it doesn't make up for E3. E3 is about new game reveals. Trailers for known games are the "of course" segments.

Well Sony has nearly nothing left for PS4 to reveal, and it's too soon for their next gen showcase.

All the 3rd party unrevealed titles will be shown at E3 anyway, you're not missing anything.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I have been wondering about this picture for a while:

bCtpplc.jpg

Is Joel represented as the lone wolf (which would not make sense given TLoU's story conclusion) or is he with "the" wolf, Ellie? Adding the detail that the seraphims call her out as Wolf during the encounter, it only intensifies my curiosity.

Well in the last trailer they refer to Ellie as Wolf. This is interesting for two reasons:

1. Is that common reference to all outsiders or just Ellie? The latter would denote that a more intimate relationship between Ellie and the cult.

2. Ellie saved Joel's humanity and Joel saved Ellie's life in TLoU. Given the the first trailer to reveal Ellie (and Joel's silhouette) implied Ellie is on a path of vengeance, Joel may end up saving Ellie's humanity. If she is made into an unlikable person, I expect there to be gradual arc without lacking redemption.

Mavrick07

Oct 28, 2017
Not that it's worth anything, but it's been pencilled in for the first week of September in our works Key Release schedule.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last of Us is 2020 game. no matter what they announce, i truly believe it will be pushed back to 2020 if announced for 2019.

If Sony gives it a 2019 date, it will be this year. No chance whatsoever at that point it gets delayed to 2020. They don't announce dates anymore until they are sure.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

This is interesting, I also recall Druckmann saying he doesn't want the game to be "fun" but engaging. I think that is spot on with TLOU part 1. The game kept me hooked but personally it wasn't fun, however, I couldn't put the controller down !

I never liked her anyway so I'm A-OK. I found everyone in TLoU to be pretty much unlikable, in fact.

Great game, though.

I know everybody wants to see Joel and Ellie again, but I really hope there is an story-related NPC in TLOU2 that takes the shine. Example, Henry from TLOU part 1 was a character I liked over Ellie and Joel. This time, I'm hoping other great characters aren't killed off.

Darkonda

May 23, 2018
I know everybody wants to see Joel and Ellie again, but I really hope there is an story-related NPC in TLOU2 that takes the shine. Example, Henry from TLOU part 1 was a character I liked over Ellie and Joel. This time, I'm hoping other great characters aren't killed off.

I'm sure they will. They even made a character like Ish real interesting. Would be cool if he made an appearance in part 2.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
If anything they can delay multiplayer a few months to get the game out this year

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
If Sony gives it a 2019 date, it will be this year. No chance whatsoever at that point it gets delayed to 2020. They don't announce dates anymore until they are sure.

Exactly. Sony stopped giving release dates too far ahead. Hell, we don't even have a release year for their 3 big titles. But this forum has a strange obsession with delays so people will continue this narrative.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears 5 rumored to be coming in early September too. This is going to be a bloodbath

Honestly Gears 5 looks amazing.

TLOU2 will likely be the better game of the 2, but if they both release in September that wont hamper my excitement for Gears 5 at all

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Not that it's worth anything, but it's been pencilled in for the first week of September in our works Key Release schedule.
tenor.gif

Late Sep is looking pretty empty aside from Catherine and Borderlands 3 (could change by E3). It could happen but I won't do it, I will not get my hopes up.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Honestly Gears 5 looks amazing.

TLOU2 will likely be the better game of the 2, but if they both release in September that wont hamper my excitement for Gears 5 at all
Same. My only concern is that with how great Gears 5 looks, I wouldn't want it to get overshadowed. I feel as though TLOU2 would dominate discussion during that period.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Good god there is too much smoke surrounding this to ignore. I'm having a hard time keeping my expectations in check and hype is starting to set in. I can't handle the idea of the game being that close.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Release it in 2020 if necessary, I want it to be as polished as it can be on release without stressing the devs too much.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I want multiplayer more than anything. The single player can be straight dog shit for all I care.

Oooofff that hot take isn't going to sit well with most here, including me. Single player story is the ultimate pillar for a true compelling experience that engages you, pulls you in and immerses you into that world and narrative as a whole.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I hope this is true...

Man, can you imagine if Sony did another $200 PS4 Black Friday bundle like the Spider-Man one last year..but with TLOU2?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they will. They even made a character like Ish real interesting. Would be cool if he made an appearance in part 2.

I wouldn't necessarily count on ever seeing Ish in the series. Neil said that they thought of a story for Ish when they were kicking around ideas for the original single player DLC. But he said they eventually decided against it because they felt that no matter what they did it would end up disappointing people. He might not look, act or sound the way they expected. So they want to leave him up to our imagination.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
If anything they can delay multiplayer a few months to get the game out this year
Hell of a hot take indeed. Love the multiplayer myself, and it evolved into somewhat of a cult favorite for many. Hell some didn't even know it had such a mode, thus Naughty Dog put multiplayer in parentheses.

It's so exciting the potential it has. Just think about a mode where your fighting both other players and clickers are like the hazard! It's where the majority of my play time will come from, however, that single player is of the most importance my dude. For most