• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When can we expect the thread from a concerned investor complaining about the delay of taking our money?

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
So they're still working on make it decent and with good features? Voice chat?
I'm good with the way it's now, and I only play Splatoon 2 from time to time, so I like it better this way.
Let's hope it means Smash Switch on fall 2018.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When can we expect the thread complaining about the delay of taking our money?
Or the delay of

-Classic Game Selection that has online play.
-More features of the Switch online app as they've stated the app we have now is "limited".
-Potentially online save data backup.
-Potentially voice chatting and text messaging via the system itself since we'll be paying.

Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds is also a game that has it's online delayed for the online service.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I feel so weird being bummed by this, I want my classic games.
Can we just get the Virtual Console seperate from that in Spring?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure that's just an error as every other NoE page only has "2018" and no mention of autumn.

Raet

Nov 2, 2017
This comes off as sloppy if true. The delay of a planned subscription service and what has become a core Nintendo online feature (VC) demonstrates the difficulties they're having with online services.

But don't get me wrong, I'm happy not to pay for online. And I hope this doesn't mean Smash Switch can't release before Fall.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I would wait until the american or japanese sites confirm before celebrating.
But if it is true better for me.

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we stop saying it was delayed? It was not delayed, the headline of this topic is incorrect.

Oct 25, 2017
On hand, it's more time to play online for free. However, Switch really needs some QoL improvements. It's lacking basic features that consoles a decade ago had. If it is being delayed, then maybe it's a good thing as it'll give them more time to get it right.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see them launching it without a banner online multiplayer experience to push it (i.e. Pokémon or SSB, and maybe Animal Crossing) and will delay until such a game is ready to get out the door. By the time this launches, Splatoon 2 may have stopped receiving content updates and become dependent on Splatfests for life support. We've received fair warning of the transition to a paid subscription, but nothing so far has sold the value of a prospective subscription service.

Personally—and perhaps too optimistically—I wouldn't write off the thought that at this point, with the roaring success of the hardware, the threadbare online offering (that may or may not be reflected in low usage statistics for services like Splatoon's voice chat), and no new pushes for first-party online multiplayer in sight apart from the vague indication of NES ports like Balloon Fight, somewhere in the board meetings they are rethinking whether to go ahead with their ill-received paid online strategy at all.

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
An online service in 2017/18 must have the following:

1. Voice Chat
2. Account Name
3. Friends list
4. Party Chat.
5. Native on console no smartphone application

Also I was hoping for a spring Smash announcement-Wii U port. I know several people who are waiting for Smash before they buy the console.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I think they probably got incredibly low usage numbers for their app and are reconsidering their whole online plan.

That's my wish at least.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
reggie-fils-aime-shrug.jpg

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You know, you're not wrong, but I much prefer the route they took of having a bulletproof core console and getting the online out the door late than a half-assed online that the system OS relied on heavily. At least what you get for now works, and works well.
I just hope it's worth it once it's all said and done, but with what they've implemented so far it seems so so so off the mark.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
If this is true and they don't have it ready for summer I think they should offer both, free and paid services. I know they have been disclosing how it's eventually going to become paid, but there are millions of Switches out there and the general public doesn't keep up with this kind of news like we do. They're not going to like it when the functionalities they've had all this time suddenly get put behind a paywall. I mean Splatoon 2 would become useless if you don't pay for it.

Oct 27, 2017
An online service in 2017/18 must have the following:

1. Voice Chat
2. Account Name
3. Friends list
4. Party Chat.
5. Native on console no smartphone application

Also I was hoping for a spring Smash announcement-Wii U port. I know several people who are waiting for Smash before they buy the console.

Ugh. I'm so glad they're probably not doing this

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Delay it until it's no longer in an embarrassing state. Just don't delay virtual console.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Good. That means they are going to a) adding something worthwhile to the experience, or b) cancel it outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.