• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Please bear in mind that 4chan rumours are basically the equivalent of overhearing people talking in a public restroom from inside a locked toilet stall. Especially when nobody is using a tripcode. So don't take any of this as solid information. But it's certainly worth mulling over because Ubisoft employees post on 4chan all the time. Kind of a consequence of having 12,000 employees some of whom are disgruntled or bored.

The tl;dr version:
  • Multiple Splinter Cell games died in pre-production. A Red Storm VR game, a Blood Dragon team first person title, (Note that Splinter Cell was always heavily influenced by Thief, so a first person Splinter Cell does make some sense), Toronto's follow up to Blacklist, and Ubi Paris/Shanghai's planned salvage of the Toronto project. All got canned, apparently. They're a bit vague about how/when the Ubisoft Shanghai open world Splinter Cell was cancelled.
  • Ivory Tower is in trouble after The Crew 2.
  • Ubi Toronto are making Far Cry 6. (As an aside, Clint Hocking rejoined Ubisoft in 2015 and is working at Ubi Toronto.)
  • Ubi Berlin are making "Far Cry 5.5.5.5.5.5" (We do know that Ubi Berlin was basically founded to work on Far Cry stuff. So it's possible they're making some kind of multiplayer game built on FC5's foundation.)
  • Ubisoft Milan are making Rabbids Kingdom 2.

There's been 4 Splinter Cell games over the last 5 years, but none of them have made it past pre-production and there isn't one currently in production. Every single Ubisoft team is tied up on other projects at the moment, you won't see another Splinter Cell game for another decade, if ever.

t.ExWildlandsdev

>What happened to the most recent one? Aka, the one mentioned in the Walmart leak?

It wasn't a full Splinter Cell game, it was going to be a teaser for a downloadable VR Spies vs Mercenaries spin off, PS4 exclusive, being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and Red Storm Entertainment who are currently making a number of VR titles for Ubisoft. It was shit canned.

In 2012 Ubisoft Toronto started pre-production on a new Splinter Cell game whilst Blacklist was being wrapped up using AnvilNext.

In 2014 the Blood Dragon team of Ubisoft Montreal was working on first person Splinter Cell.

End of 2016/early 2017 Ubisoft Paris got handed the remains of the 2012 Toronot project and started prototyping an open world Splinter Cell that would then be handed off to Ubisoft Shanghai and developed in tandem with Breakpoint.

Ubisoft Paris: Breakpoint
Ubisoft Shanghai: Skull and Bones
Ubisoft Singapore, Skull and Bones.
Ubisoft Toronto: Far Cry 6
Ubisoft Berlin: Far Cry 5.5.5.5.5.5
Ubisoft Reflections: Breakpoint, Far Cry 6, Skull and Bones, doing vehicle physics and simulations.
Ubisoft Leamington, helping Reflections.
Ubisoft Montreal: Assassins Creed Kingdom
Ubisoft Bucharest: Kingdoms and Breakpoint
Ivory Tower: The Crew 2, trying to avoid being shut down
Ubisoft Belgrade: Wildlands DLC, Breakpoint DLC, The Crew 2 DLC
Ubisoft Montpellier: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Ubisoft Annecy: Division 2
Ubisoft Milan: Rabbids Kingdom 2
Ubisoft Barcelona: VR
Ubisoft Sofia: Additional support on Kingdoms
Massive: The Division 2
Ubisoft Kiev: Trials, PC port of Kingdoms
Ubisoft Odesa, helping Kiev.

https://metacouncil.com/threads/4ch...her-ubisoft-stuff-far-cry-6-rabbids-etc.1060/

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Credits to Metacouncil and 4chan

Please bear in mind that 4chan rumours are basically the equivalent of overhearing people talking in a public restroom from inside a locked toilet stall. Especially when nobody is using a tripcode. So don't take any of this as solid information. But it's certainly worth mulling over because Ubisoft employees post on 4chan all the time. Kind of a consequence of having 12,000 employees some of whom are disgruntled or bored.

The tl;dr version:
  • Multiple Splinter Cell games died in pre-production. A Red Storm VR game, a Blood Dragon team first person title, (Note that Splinter Cell was always heavily influenced by Thief, so a first person Splinter Cell does make some sense), Toronto's follow up to Blacklist, and Ubi Paris/Shanghai's planned salvage of the Toronto project. All got canned, apparently. They're a bit vague about how/when the Ubisoft Shanghai open world Splinter Cell was cancelled.
  • Ivory Tower is in trouble after The Crew 2.
  • Ubi Toronto are making Far Cry 6. (As an aside, Clint Hocking rejoined Ubisoft in 2015 and is working at Ubi Toronto.)
  • Ubi Berlin are making "Far Cry 5.5.5.5.5.5" (We do know that Ubi Berlin was basically founded to work on Far Cry stuff. So it's possible they're making some kind of multiplayer game built on FC5's foundation.)
  • Ubisoft Milan are making Rabbids Kingdom 2.
There's been 4 Splinter Cell games over the last 5 years, but none of them have made it past pre-production and there isn't one currently in production. Every single Ubisoft team is tied up on other projects at the moment, you won't see another Splinter Cell game for another decade, if ever.​
t.ExWildlandsdev​
>What happened to the most recent one? Aka, the one mentioned in the Walmart leak?​
It wasn't a full Splinter Cell game, it was going to be a teaser for a downloadable VR Spies vs Mercenaries spin off, PS4 exclusive, being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and Red Storm Entertainment who are currently making a number of VR titles for Ubisoft. It was shit canned.​
In 2012 Ubisoft Toronto started pre-production on a new Splinter Cell game whilst Blacklist was being wrapped up using AnvilNext.​
In 2014 the Blood Dragon team of Ubisoft Montreal was working on first person Splinter Cell.​
End of 2016/early 2017 Ubisoft Paris got handed the remains of the 2012 Toronot project and started prototyping an open world Splinter Cell that would then be handed off to Ubisoft Shanghai and developed in tandem with Breakpoint.​
Ubisoft Paris: Breakpoint​
Ubisoft Shanghai: Skull and Bones​
Ubisoft Singapore, Skull and Bones.​
Ubisoft Toronto: Far Cry 6​
Ubisoft Berlin: Far Cry 5.5.5.5.5.5​
Ubisoft Reflections: Breakpoint, Far Cry 6, Skull and Bones, doing vehicle physics and simulations.​
Ubisoft Leamington, helping Reflections.​
Ubisoft Montreal: Assassins Creed Kingdom​
Ubisoft Bucharest: Kingdoms and Breakpoint​
Ivory Tower: The Crew 2, trying to avoid being shut down​
Ubisoft Belgrade: Wildlands DLC, Breakpoint DLC, The Crew 2 DLC​
Ubisoft Montpellier: Beyond Good and Evil 2​
Ubisoft Annecy: Division 2​
Ubisoft Milan: Rabbids Kingdom 2​
Ubisoft Barcelona: VR​
Ubisoft Sofia: Additional support on Kingdoms​
Massive: The Division 2​
Ubisoft Kiev: Trials, PC port of Kingdoms​
Ubisoft Odesa, helping Kiev.​

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
"You won't see another Splinter Cell game for another decade, if ever."

BULL.SHIT. I don't believe you. See you all in a few years.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
ivory tower being in trouble doesn't surprise me

The Crew 2 sucked at launch and took too long to become relevant in content.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
There really should just be a general rumors thread and I still don't think 4chan posts should be allowed unless some other reputable site is corroborating the claims.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I've been expecting Mario + Rabbids 2 ever since Ubisoft put out that survey where they asked what features and characters people would want to see in a sequel.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not an interesting lineup at all.

I really hope Ubi can revitalize Far Cry in the same way they did for Assassin's Creed.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
giphy.gif

Hope this isn't true. The world needs a new Splinter Cell. Can't believe we're about to go a whole gen without one. Didn't even get a port of Blacklist. No collections. Nothing.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't a full Splinter Cell game, it was going to be a teaser for a downloadable VR Spies vs Mercenaries spin off, PS4 exclusive, being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and Red Storm Entertainment who are currently making a number of VR titles for Ubisoft. It was shit canned.

Would have been cool to see.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a hard time believing that Montpellier is working on BGE2 by itself.

Same with Montreal not working on anything else, also where's Watch Dogs?

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
Only Beyond Good and Evil 2 interests me...I have lost faith in the direction of the Assassin's Creed franchise after Origins and Odyssey and I don't like shooters or primarily multiplayer games so...Rabbids too perhaps?

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I just wish Mario Rabbids 2 is real.

(but if it's not, it's gonna be)

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fake, no way Ubi MTL is only working on one game, plus UBI Quebec and UBI Saguenay are missing.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Reading their account of what studio is working on what really makes you wonder where these three AAA games might materialise for by next March. Watch Dogs 3 is notably absent from their list (although presumably is MTL + others as is common), presumably also a Just Dance from Ubi Paris... if no Splinter Cell is true, I don't know where the other one could come from. Presumably it might be this multiplayer Far Cry 5.5.5.5... thing but that would result in Far Cry having four games in five years. The only other one I can think of is maybe a Mario + Rabbids 2 sequel?

EDIT: also Quebec is completely absent from that list - Mike Laidlaw is supposedly working on something there isn't he... the combination of that and the lack of WD3 in here makes me suspicious...

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that the rumor doesn't include Massive Entertainment, since we know they are working on The Division 2 plus the Avatar game.

Edit: Apparently I can't read. Still no mention of Massive working on Avatar, which we know they are.

MasterOfNone

Oct 27, 2017
No mention of Ubisoft Quebec and Montreal is definitely working on a ton of titles, this one is as fake as it gets

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rabbids kingdom battle 2 - yay
Beyond g&e 2 - good

No splinter and rayman though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.