• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018

So this was originally a post by a very old member on the Fortnite Reddit. But shortly after he deletes the post and then proceeds to delete his entire account. Previously he has been noted as a source of good info, so this was apparently a little out of character for him.

But still take this with a huge grain of salt. Anyway the rumour is that StW won't be upgraded to UE5 and Epic is taking the chance to separate the games, and due to good sales of starter packs has asked PcF for a proposal for them to take control of StW.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Uh... The base game of Fortnite is pretty decent, and a dedicated survival game by some experts in wacky action (they made the painkiller series) can be a nice dedicated spin-off.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It will never stop being funny that Epic spent so long building out Fortnite's PvE mode, only for it to immediately be made irrelevant by a PUBG clone they made in a pretty short window.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Save the world is great but it needs some love, doubt it's true but I'd be a fan of this

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually in the Alpha for STW, and enjoyed it, because I love Tower Defence. Was looking forward to one day playing it, but BR made it totally irrelevant, so I'd love to see someone else pick up the mantle.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I thought they left it alone because it was a waste of money. Why would they bring it back?
With the brand being made popular thanks to the battle royale mode, it might be in their interest to continue expanding it to reach a wider audience, offering different kinds of experiences. Starting with reviving the game's original mode isn't a bad idea.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
It will never stop being funny that Epic spent so long building out Fortnite's PvE mode, only for it to immediately be made irrelevant by a PUBG clone they made in a pretty short window.
The PUBG clone that Epic churned out in a few weeks back in 2017 is not the thing that made them one of the titans in the industry. It's the years of development they've put into the game since to keep it relevant.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The PUBG clone that Epic churned out in a few weeks back in 2017 is not the thing that made them one of the titans in the industry. It's the years of development they've put into the game since to keep it relevant.
The PUBG clone was immediately massively popular, mainly because it was the first F2P Battle Royale game on consoles. The fact Epic kept it up to date is what has made it such a staggering force - but that initial clone is what saved the game from irrelevance.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Uh... The base game of Fortnite is pretty decent, and a dedicated survival game by some experts in wacky action (they made the painkiller series) can be a nice dedicated spin-off.

The irony here is that Save The World was supposed to be the base game.

Fortnite was being hyped up as a 4 player survival experience when Cliffy B was still a major figure at Epic.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

They should have straight up made it F2P too since the BR has more than paid for its development. Epic doesn't even talk about it anymore. I downloaded the game again and save the world mode isn't even an obvious option as prominent as the BR mode like it used to be anymore. They literally threw it together in weeks and it just so happened that the backend was so solid that it allowed them to do this in that short of time.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I was interested in Fortnite before it became a BR so I hope this is true

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
PCF must be a lot bigger than I imagined then considering they have three active projects at the moment. If they have the bandwidth for it, why not?

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
I played this game since alpha, it always had potential to be amazing but they never managed to make it right. I hope this is not fake.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Huh, an interesting development for sure.
Fortnite has such a wacky fun world so many fun characters that it was just a matter of time before it branched out.
I just hope whatever STW turns into it'll be playable offline so the game won't die once the servers go down.
And Peely better be in it!

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I fully expected it to just be quietly killed, after they noped out of making it F2P and barely talk about it since. Would definitely be surprised by this.

domstah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ATX
I'm guessing they will try to copy what they can from Valhiem. Seems like a good idea.

Damn, I hadn't thought of that. Fortnite survived because it adapted to the market. Maybe the growth of the co-op survival genre through Valheim has been so strong recently that is time for Epic to invest to maintain relevance.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
please get development going on this again. I loved this part of the game and was looking forward to playing it with my son splitscreen but the dev stopped on it which was a bummer. Never really liked Fortnite BR, but would jump back in to this.

Jan 4, 2018
I started playing Fortnite when it was just PvE and nobody played it, then they dropped Battle Royale, it wasn't for me, it finally got popular, and Save the World got sidelined. Not sure if People Can Fly salvaging it can bring me back.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing Fortnite when it was just PvE and nobody played it, then they dropped Battle Royale, it wasn't for me, it finally got popular, and Save the World got sidelined. Not sure if People Can Fly salvaging it can bring me back.
If anything, I'd expect Save the World to bear little resemblance to the only one. Why pick it back up after all this time when they can make something more unique and sellable?

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I hadn't thought of that. Fortnite survived because it adapted to the market. Maybe the growth of the co-op survival genre through Valheim has been so strong recently that is time for Epic to invest to maintain relevance.

Yeah, and the game is already fairly similar I think. I can see it doing really well.

OP
OP
SchroDingerzat

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
If anything, I'd expect Save the World to bear little resemblance to the only one. Why pick it back up after all this time when they can make something more unique and sellable?

It's definitely an odd rumour to be sure. Especially as they made it clear that they had moved on. But hell if they can salvage it, I would be quite happy.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
J6958H6.jpg