• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pokemon Direct before E3

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Resetera User "Galava" has discovered that the previous Pokemon Direct (06.06.17) has been one of the videos removed from the archive list

Don't know if it means anything. But the previous Pokémon Direct and others were removed from the archive list.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/direct_links/index.html

Kd3eFp1.png

Archive of Feb 25
https://web.archive.org/web/2018022...tendo.co.jp/corporate/direct_links/index.html

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/11/15623598/pokemon-direct-2017-pokemon-stars-reveal-rumors
I've done some digging around, and a similar situation has happened before.

Pokemon Direct that revealed Sun and Moon was removed on 10th May 2017, a month later a new Pokemon Direct happened on 6th June 2017, showcasing Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon and Pokken port.

This could indicate a Pokmon Direct is coming in the near future.

Last edited:

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Is it time to reset the clock? /s

There is no way we have a Pokemon Switch gameplay direct before E3. Quote me on this (no, I'm not an insider.)

edit: clarifying

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I mean yeah, probably. I doubt Pokemon gets revealed at E3. I would bet on it getting a Direct between now and E3. The question is more a when than an if IMO.

Flarin

Oct 28, 2017
All these rumors are getting silly TBH. Just wait for E3. I'm sure that's when we get a flood of big news (Fire Emblem, Smash, Bayo 3, Pokemon).

Oct 25, 2017
Smash will launch in September along with the online service.

Pokemon in November.

Thats a hell of a line up for the holiday season.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Everything point to a Pokémon game being anounced in the next decade /s
This is going to be a crazy year if Pokémon do release in it.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
It never ends!!!!!! It truly never ends!!!!!!! We are going to be trapped in this cycle for the rest of time!!!!!

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Makes sense. No news till E3 is a lot so another direct in April focused on a big game is enough to calm down people.

Oct 26, 2017
I forget, how often does this happen where one direct is removed from the page and is replaced by one, or more specifically how soon is such a thing replaced?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess we can expect Pokémon Switch to be the system's November game(s) in this case, while Smash serves as the September title to launch Switch Online. It could be as soon as next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pokémon Direct was in April.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
There's always a possibility. Pokkén was not in the Nintendo direct even when we know more DLC is coming, so probably they're saving that and some other minor Pokénews to share some space with the big Bombshell in their own Direct

Oct 27, 2017
If Pokémon and Smash come out this year I doubt we get more than what we already known about and Yoshi.

All other rumored or announced games like Bayo 3, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 4, Pikmin, etc would probably fall into 2019.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess we can expect Pokémon Switch to be the system's November game(s) in this case, while Smash serves as the September title to launch Switch Online. It could be as soon as next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pokémon Direct was in April.
Smash in September, Fire Emblem in October, Pokémon in November...

heavy breathing

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I've been thinking since last month's CoroCoro leaked. This month will show off a new Lugia form and next month we get the Pokémon Direct with the actual game reveal.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
*queueing Mariah Carey gifs as i read the topic*

I can't handle another round of Nintendo insanity!!!Make it stop!!! Release the goddamn thing already!

Status
Not open for further replies.