• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
#teamreal

Holy shitballs this is massive, biggest gaming leak since HL2 perhaps?

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
One video is a gas station in the country side with hills and mountains in the background… so definetly not anywhere near south Florida. I assume that's not even Florida, we might get the whole south part of America.

Oct 30, 2017
This looks incredible. I can't wait to see the attention to detail in the final product and the flexibility of gameplay. GTA 6 is going to be a truly remarkable achievement in gaming.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Wasn't the PS4 stuff from 2019 tho?
That's an assumption based on the version of Windows the dev environment was running

These videos being from 2019 does not make a lot of sense to me, these videos do not seem "one year after we shipped RDR2" to me. They're obviously early but they feel more recent and farther along than that.

Which, yes, means that work likely continued on the PS4 version until much more recently. Potentially, to this very day. Try to hold your tears, everyone.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Carrying dead bodies huh... Bringing that RDR2 gameplay tech forward... 👀

View: https://streamable.com/htar5e
AcYXr9r.png

Jun 25, 2022
Protagonist names are definitely getting changed if they weren't already placeholders. Haven't heard any dialogue mention their names.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's an assumption based on the version of Windows the dev environment was running

2019 doesn't make a lot of sense to me, these videos do not seem "one year after we shipped RDR2" to me. They're obviously early but they feel more recent and farther along than that.

Games can enter pre-production before that, of course. Probably had a small team set up foundations and once RDR2 finished, more came along. Given the volume of people who work at Rockstar, there's no way they're always all hands on deck for one game at a time.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This one, around 20:42.

Oh I see what your talking about.

Possibly, though we don't see them in any other footage nor did the other leaks (which have been confirmed via this leak), mention a 3rd protagonist.

Though this is, as others pointing out leaks from seemingly about last year to this year. So who knows, possibly added only recently.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Don't believe everything this leaker says, they could just be trying to blackmail bluff with nothing. Only believe what actually releases.

This looks real. I just wonder how long ago this stuff is from, or if it's recent.

Also happy to see Vice City again.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
This is an absolutely crazy leak, holy shit

Some parts of the game already look outstanding, and this is likely from a pre-alpha build from several years ago. They already nailed the sense of place.

I have to hand it to Rockstar, even in this early prototype, the world just looks right. I know these are placeholders and there is room for texture/model improvement, but it just looks "right". Like a place you can pass through in a proper city

pPOcP1Y.jpg
Exactly this.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

There's a good chance that it's placeholder. The game likely started development well before the current gen dev kits went out and it's quite common for developers to use what they have at the time and then migrate afterwards, sometimes well after. I still think it's realistic to expect no PS4/XB1 versions, especially if this is due out in a 2024/25 timeframe.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
FloridaERA, what places in the state are this hilly? I'm guessing this is somewhere up north?

This has to come from a dev right?

Seems way too much info that ussually comes from a random twitter leaker
Leaker who dropped this on GTAForums has their account named teapotuberhacker. Uber was breached 3 days ago, most are assuming this person might have been responsible. Definitely not a developer especially considering all of these clips are littered with MAC addresses and other identifying information.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019
I have to hand it to Rockstar, even in this early prototype, the world just looks right. I know these are placeholders and there is room for texture/model improvement, but it just looks "right". Like a place you can pass through in a proper city

pPOcP1Y.jpg
It's certainly looking like an American urban hellscape with how spaced out everything is lol. But that's a good thing yea, it seems very accurate.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This has to come from a dev right?

Seems way too much info that ussually comes from a random twitter leaker
The leaker claims it comes from a hack (aka TLOU2 style leak). Which is frankly likely given there's even very recent footage here tha I imagine anyone else would be very scared to post out in the open.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I hope there aren't any repercussion for a leak like this.

I mean they managed to release GTA V on PS3/360 and supported those for a few years before dropping support and moving on with PS4/XB1. I could see them releasing doing the same for VI on PS4/XB1. But given how far this is game is out, it seems insane that they would release last gen port. Giving Atlus a run for their money.

BK_317

Jun 3, 2022

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Look at the dialogue at 11:45,jason and the other guy mention jay norris who was killed by michael in the 'Friend Request' mission so this hints the game being a sequel to GTA V?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
They need to take advantage of this like Capcom did SF6. People so far are loving these leaks so that's a positive.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Look at the dialogue at 11:45,jason and the other guy mention jay norris who was killed by michael in the 'Friend Request' mission so this hints the game being a sequel to GTA V?
We were assuming it's set after the events of it but it's not a direct sequel, the games always have bits and pieces connecting to older titles in them

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Woah, this is a jackpot. Loads of world events listed here.
  • Bonnie and Clyde Mystery - Barn Find
  • Abandoned Hovercraft
  • Swole Couple Workout Challenge
  • Lucia's Friends
  • Warehouse Torture
  • Warehouse Haunted
  • Warehouse Sex Robots
  • Bait and Tackle Shop - Gang
  • Spiritual Journey - Port Gellhorn
  • UFO Animal House/Pen
  • Swamp Safari Crazy Golf

Last edited:

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Eh that's what you get for treating employers poorly, a 10+ year development cycle, etc

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
It's technically impressive, but god the tone of these games just gives me nothing but anxiety.

Just constant streams of violent abuse from every character to every other character in the scene, including the innocent, and a general feeling of disdain from the writers towards the people they're portraying. I've tried GTA games in the past and just couldn't deal with the writing/characters, it just never hits my brain as "hey, this is entertaining!"