• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I was going to go there a few pages ago but decided not to because CP has been catching every deserved stray imaginable in here lmao
I couldn't resist 😭
Some of this looks crazy intelligent though, even moreso than GTA V and RDR2. Love that they're making strides in this area.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
most interstate exits are hilly like that, atleast in the south. Source: I love in Louisiana and can't tell you how many exits-highways are like that.

As someone who lives in FL, there's like no hills until you get to Alabama and Georgia and I don't think our interstate exits look like that.

It's surprisingly flat here and you only notice when you leave.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I wouldn't put it past Rockstar to attempt to shut down that forum outright with all the shit being posted, phew.
uio8Cxf.gif
tumblr_mj7ixxGmcq1ql8t12o1_500.gif

BK_317

Jun 3, 2022
J9CMlOS.png

iwkXfdt.png

So someone in the GTAforum caught a dev name and date from a clip. Matches exactly to a dev who worked on RDR2 AI. Date of script is May 28th 2021

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP,THIS IS 100% REAL!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Are those hills in the distance behind the hills? That's way too big for FL. I can't tell if it's something else.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
J9CMlOS.png

iwkXfdt.png

So someone in the GTAforum caught a dev name and date from a clip. Matches exactly to a dev who worked on RDR2 AI. Date of script is May 28th 2021

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP,THIS IS 100% REAL!
If anyone thought this was fake after page 5 they need to step outside

Oct 31, 2017
Pre-alpha and the police AI already looks better than Cyberpunk's 💀

There's an entire segment in the gameplay debug menu devoted to robbery, I reckon it's definitely going to be a major part of the game. From sticking up liquor stores, robbing containers at ports to even stuff like kidnapping for ransom. They brought forward RDR2's carry body mechanic and I don't think that's for no reason.
Yeah, the little peeks at robbery here make it look like the kind of thing that they've been building towards since IV.

V felt like they were almost there, and reading about V prior to release made it seem like robbing stores like this to gain cash would be a more fleshed out aspect of the game. That they then left only partially fleshed out in the final single player release. That it was going to be more of an involved system, but they had to cut it back for whatever reasons.

Then they built on the stick-up robbery stuff more in RDRII, so maybe now this is the game where these kind of "idyllic fantasies" about what could be possible in GTA all these years finally comes true.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
CCTV recording, eh? I wonder how deep this goes.

Yeah, the little peeks at robbery here make it look like the kind of thing that they've been building towards since IV.

V felt like they were almost there, and reading about V prior to release made it seem like robbing stores like this to gain cash would be a more fleshed out aspect of the game. That they then left only partially fleshed out in the final single player release.

Then they built on the stick-up robbery stuff more in RDRII, so maybe now this is the game where these kind of "idyllic fantasies" about what could be possible in GTA all these years finally comes true.
I'm all for it. Smaller-scale robberies instead of the grand, bombastic Hollywood heists that defined GTA V. It fits the Bonnie and Clyde feel they're going for well.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The folks at Rockstar and Take Two are gonna have a fucking field day when they see this.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
So watching some more of the footage, it definitely feels like it's building upon stuff from V.

Looks like there might be more of a focus on robbery, especially what looks like smaller scale stuff like store stick-ups. Maybe this will be the game where they finally make money and earning it feel more impactful/rewarding and "hard earned", with a bunch of avenues to accrue it. Been fantasizing about this kind of thing since Vice City, so it'd be fitting for this to finally been when they took this aspect to the level they've hinted at all these years.

There looks to be a character inventory and a shared inventory. There's a weapon wheel, but I wonder with the inventory breakout if that means that there's more of a realistic inventory "limit" ala Red Dead II. Another thing that makes me think this is them slinging weapons along their backs visibly, like MP3 and RDRII.

The looks at character swapping makes me think they might realize GTA V's multiple character and swapping premise. Where maybe you can finally have the two characters together and be able to swap between them seamlessly. Prior to V's release, they kind of made it seem like you could get the three guys together and just bounce around them. But then that never really was truly how it worked; that the swapping was a lot of smoke and mirrors and you couldn't really have all three together much and freely jump between them.

Assuming the "Americas" concept sticks and they stick to the plan of VI launching with Vice City and some areas set in South America, I can see it being a big rags to riches storyline from small-time dimestore bank robbers to getting into cahoots with cartels.

How they nail the characters becoming "somebodies" will be interesting, and I may be alone in this, but no GTA game outside of IV has properly done it. CJ, Victor Vance, and Franklin all jump too quickly from low-tier criminal to supremely powerful crook in such a short set of missions. I've always found the characters already "made" to be interesting because it better matches the tones the games have. There's no tonal shift from carjacker to heist robber.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Oh r* just got royally breached. Wth....
Cool to see the game and I'm hyped, but fell a lottle bad for the devs that worked so hard on this. This kind of shit brings loads of stress.

BK_317

Jun 3, 2022
If anyone thought this was fake after page 5 they need to step outside

Some dumb mfs on the GTAforum still think this is some kind of a mod,like holy shit brother.10000 lines of code,Full on VA,Physics similar to RDR2 etc...like not even a combined effort of 30 people can make something this fake! Forget about a single person at that.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
So the protags are some redneck white dude and a latina (i assume cuban) woman? that's pretty interesting for a GTA cast. White dude isn't anything new but we haven't had a redneck before i guess.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Half life 2 source code leaked after a hack and delayed the game over a year. That's still the biggest imo. This will take the crown if the full source code gets out.
The hacker dropped 10k lines of source code in the thread, they have everything, even threatening to drop the build

J75

Sep 29, 2018
This really speaks volumes of how anything can get breached, even something that seemed so impenetrable as Uber or Rockstar.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

V felt like they were almost there, and reading about V prior to release made it seem like robbing stores like this to gain cash would be a more fleshed out aspect of the game. That they then left only partially fleshed out in the final single player release. That it was going to be more of an involved system, but they had to cut it back for whatever reasons.

Yeah I really hope this is the one where we see a big leap in npc AI and general world reactivity. RDR2 was very impressive in that regard but you could still see the limitations. Its nice seeing this adopts the RDR2 antagonize/descalate interaction system. Gotta shoutout Watch Dogs 2 for starting that kind of thing even if wasn't as reactive.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah this is 100%, definitively real now. I quickly changed my mind after seeing the deluge of content after speaking too soon in the other thread with only the initial OP clip. But seeing that name highlighted makes it pretty clear.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't even know what the reaction at R* and Take Two will be. It's like randomly waking up and realizing everyone is talking about your nude pictures online.

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
this is what happens when you dont instill the fear of God (Houser, the Benz) into your sla....staff.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I like how the game has that context sensitive selection when aiming to people (or whatever they call it), kind of like WatchDogs I guess.

Which I certainly wish this GTA6 will give more choices of the action or interact to people and the world as well. Like, please give us ability to sit on public chair at least.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing. They're based in the UK so they're awake. Likely halted all development on the game and are making a million phone calls.
So I guess it's Youtube and Twitter that are asleep. Best coast at work. Oh well. Bed time over here. Sweet DMCA dreams ya'll.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah the leak is large, but does it really show anything new other than the female character and the location (which we both knew from leaks)? everyone expected police cars and guns and rubbery in the new GTA game.

As far as leaks go, I didn't see anything (at least as far as page 4 goes) that is not something typically there in any GTA game.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
wish i wouldn't have seen this. every rockstar game reveal is a event and this ruins it a little bit. on the other hand i love the female/male protag thing and i can't wait to see what vice city looks like in the rage engine.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So the protags are some redneck white dude and a latina (i assume cuban) woman? that's pretty interesting for a GTA cast. White dude isn't anything new but we haven't had a redneck before i guess.
Yes, Jason and Lucia are the two leads. Lines up with Jason's Bloomberg report.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
I really didn't anticipate waking up to a GTA6 leak and definitely not a leak this big.

The devs working on the game probably weren't either, they'll probably feel horrible about it, man…
-
The leaked stuff looks interesting, I like seeing that they apparently brough over some of the gameplay elements from RDR2 but I can't say I like how the MCs or the architecture and overall setting look. Might just be due to it being an unpolished build, better graphical fidelity might change that opinion but I'm not so sure I'll like this setting.