• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Edit - this is pretty much guaranteed fake. Sorry for getting hopes up - I should have checked more carefully myself.

Thanks to Jacob LeBeau for the heads up. Searched but couldn't find anything.

This twitter account was found and has been confirmed to use a Ubisoft Official e-mail. Hope it's true!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaymanTrilogyHD

Take away my arms, neck and legs if old.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Where was it confirmed to have an official Ubisoft email? I want to see some receipts before I start buying into this.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
For some reason I fear "PS4, PC and X1 in Q3 2018" and then Switch in 2019.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Oh man, Rayman 2 HD <3 Haven't played it since the Dreamcast

Though err yeah I'm always wondering how the first game can be HD, would look lovely with scanlines

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Where was it confirmed to have an official Ubisoft email? I want to see some receipts before I start buying into this.

fWhlyzo.png

By attempting to reset the password, you can see that it uses a ubisoft.com e-mail address.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
There's already a Twitter account for the Rayman franchise. That profile description screams fake too. Not believing it. I'd buy it if it was real though.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Uuuuh wasnt rayman 2 a highlight game for the dreamcast?
Also why mention the playstation at all like that?

Oct 25, 2017
Never did get to play 3 so I'd be moderately interested. Don't like 1 much and I've played 2 to death, tho.
The account is weird since they games were multi platform but mentions "dominated the PlayStation". I think Rayman 2 launched on N64 first or something.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
fWhlyzo.png

By attempting to reset the password, you can see that it uses a ubisoft.com e-mail address.

A bit interesting, but to be seen. I won't take that as confirmation exactly, since I guess if someone wanted to go really elaborate they could buy a temp domain email like upisoft or something (I say as someone who bought an email domain recently for my work), but interesting at the very least.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Seems like they are gauging the interest to see if they should do a Rayman 4. Buy it people

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Oh please let this be true! I also hope for a Switch version too, I need Rayman 3 on the go!

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy Rayman® like never before, 3 of the best titles that dominated the Playstation are back in a full HD graphical upgrade for your Current Gen Consoles.

This reads like it was written by a video game fan, not a publisher. The 'dominated the Playstation' bit is particularly weird as I don't think Rayman was specifically associated with Playstation at all, and in terms of current day marketing would send out really mixed messages: "These games DOMINATED the Playstation even though they were multiplatform originally, and now they're available for current gen consoles!!"

Edit: Capitalisation of Current Gen Consoles is also super weird.

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, this would be interesting considering in the trilogy 2 and 3 are pretty similar games and 1 is in it's own camp lol.
Nevertheless, I'm excited if true.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I tell you what, gaming doesn't get much better than Rayman 2: The Great Escape on Dreamcast that dominated the Playstation.

Fix'd that for you.

But seriously, there's a few things about this that seem... Odd to me. I won't be able to buy this until we have more than this.

I fucking remember that better than average Rayman Smash Bros edit that people believed, I can believe Rayman fans would go out of their way to fake this, and an email domain and fake Twitter handle ain't that hard.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I implore people to play Rayman 1 and attempt to even beat half the game.

Some stages in Rayman Legends are dickish but Rayman 1 is such a mess of difficulty spikes.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's already a Twitter account for the Rayman franchise. That profile description screams fake too. Not believing it. I'd buy it if it was real though.
Same, that description is pretty poorly written. And let's be serious, this is just trying to emulate the Spyro leak. You can make a Twitter account with any email address and just not verify it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
This reads like it was written by a video game fan, not a publisher. The 'dominated the Playstation' bit is particularly weird as I don't think Rayman was specifically associated with Playstation at all, and in terms of current day marketing would send out really mixed messages: "These games DOMINATED the Playstation even though they were multiplatform originally, and now they're available for current gen consoles!!"

Edit: Capitalisation of Current Gen Consoles is also super weird.
Yep, that's definitely not real marketing copy from a multinational corporation.

Jacob LeBeau

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Official Rayman twitter hasn't been updated for months.
Also, some more context. The original name of the twitter was ancel, the last name of the rayman creator michel ancel. The original description also originally said "If others can do it, so can we". These have since changed to this:
DZek3sWVQAA_c0r

So I'd keep hype in check, but we'll find out soon, I assume.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy it if they make Rayman 1 less insanely difficult.

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not buying it. I bought a domain for a daft Sonic hoax last year, so I definitely wouldn't put it past these folks to do the same. It does just seem tat-for-tat trying to emulate that Spyro account leak. That and the description doesn't even make much sense given only the first Rayman was PS exclusive, innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.