• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
PracticalBrush12 who has been know to reliable in the past has decided to leak some important information on the next Pokemon Game

Diamond and Pearl Remakes:
-Artstyle is in a werid Chibi 3D
-Battles are the same as in Sword and Shield
-Brillant Diamond and Shining Pearl are the names
-Devloped by IICA not GF

Open World Pokemon Game
- Open World Pokemon Game released in 2022
-Set in feudal Sinnoh aka the past
-Devloped by Game Freak

What do you think of these two rumoured Pokemon Games

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
A Pokemon set in the past actually sounds really cool and like a welcome departure for the series. Sounds like a weird thing to announce alongside a remake, though.

AbsoluteZ3R0

Feb 5, 2019
Interesting. Would make sense to make feudal Sinnoh. Since the region had a lot of focus on myths and legends.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Mainline Pokemon games not developed by GF? Highly doubt it, but would be a pleasant surprise

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Not interested in the Diamond and Pearl remake but the open world game sounds cool.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Game Freak not really shown that they can do anything bigger then handhold games S/S where HD ports more or less

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for open world Pokemon. I liked what little I played of the Wild Area much more than the traditional Pokemon style in Sword.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'd be tentatively down for both of these. The latter in particular sounds like a weird experiment, which is exactly what the franchise could use at this point.

Here's hoping this is accurate, and that there isn't some major catch behind them.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FYI, ILCA worked on Nier Automata, Dragon Quest XI, Ace Combat 7, and Code Vein, and the director of Monster Hunter Iceborne recently moved there.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Curious what IICA stands for. Guess we'll find out before long?

EDIT: Beaten haha. If that's really them working on it then that's definitely a curveball.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
sounds like the DP remakes will have minimal connection to the mainline games then, which could be a good thing actually lol.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Open world feudal pokemon is a dangerous combination of words, and I have to accordingly set my expectations.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now I'm interested...

Who is IICA? I tried searching for the developer, but didn't find anything. Edit: Ah, it's ILCA, not IICA. I'm dumb.

A co-development studio
www.mobygames.com

ILCA, Inc. - MobyGames

ILCA, Inc.'s games - MobyGames

Interestingly they popped up on Era recently because the Director of Monster Hunter World Iceborne left Capcom to head up their Kyoto development division.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I mean, I'm excited and worried about the open world game at the same time. Could be really good, or slightly dissapointing. They dipped their feet into the pool with Wild Area. Hope they polish that until it shines.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This is a weird rumour. What are practicalbrush's credentials? That feudal Sinnoh game sounds quite cool.

Edit: Oh wait, they are the one who leaked ghr entire direct last week? Quute the pedigree, then.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Before people doubt this this dude has been pretty reliable and typically gets his leaks right before these presentations air. The Direct is only 6 hours away after all.

As for the contents it sounds rather fascinating. The Gen 4 remakes sound on par what I was expecting minus it not being made by Gamefreak and the Open World Feudal Sinnoh game sounds insane. These are pretty interesting shake ups for the Pokémon franchise

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am shuddering at the mere thought of an open world Pokemon game running smoothly on the Switch.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm scared, what is this :(
Also why does this person feel the need to leak things on the same day of announcements ugh leave our hype alone

Status
Not open for further replies.