• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
According to a 4Chan rumour, in the next issue of GameInformer a new Superman game made by Rocksteady and Warner Bros will be announced.

Game Informer cover game will be revealed next week. It will be Rocksteady's Superman game. The scale and the ambition of the game are massive, you all will be blown away by the details. Can't wait to see your reaction, lads."

Source.

Back in september Rocksteady GM twitted this.

Last edited:

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
If this is true, which I doubt since, you know, 4chan, Rocksteady has my faith. Warner Bros. doesn't, fuck them for ruining several good games with their shitty practices.

Guess we'll see it next week, so not much time left.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflicted. I love Rocksteady but Superman is garbage tier superhero, urgh.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the last thread asking how a Superman game could work, but I would love to play a overpowered Superman who can easily topple a building but has to prevent damage and casualties. And if a player doesn't want to play that way they can choose to be an evil Superman who would rather kill and destroy to get a job accomplish.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Superman is a bold, bold move. Batman is grounded in 'reality' in the sense that he's a man. Superman is... SUPER. I know I'll be expecting destruction and monster rumbles in cities.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Errr...definitely skeptical because it's 4chan. But seeing a potential good Superman game, if it true would be interesting.

H.I.V.E.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice I love superman and seeing their batman games I am willing to bet a lot we get a great supes and not the new movies man of frown.

Seriously if as good as arkham day 1 for me.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Why so much hate for Superman? I love this news, can't wait to play this game. Never could get into the Batman games, too depressing for my taste. They did play well, so this should turn out good, too.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Very intrigued by this. A Superman game could potentially be incredible if done properly. I have faith in Rocksteady.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, maybe it was a bit of a pipe dream due to the publisher they work for but I was hoping they'd do a non superhero or even non licensed game. Whatever, if it makes them happy as a studio, I'm sure it'll be good.

Chocobo115

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I hope one sideactivity involves flying through rings.

EDIT: Always thought they'd do Wonder Woman over Superman.
Whilst I have no special feelings towards Superman, I think Rocksteady makes great games if they scale back to Asylum/City scope with a more Metroidvania style of gameplay.

Last edited:

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I'd glad they'd be moving on from Batman, but seeing them move on to another superhero IP bums me out a bit. Especially since Superman would almost certainly go hand in hand with open world design, which I also do not care for either.

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
Superman 64 with 4K graphics, 60 FPS and HDR. The dream is real.

Joking aside, Superman is probably the most difficult superhero to put in a game because of his powers and how OP he is, so be this is true I'm really interested in seeing how Rocksteady solved all the design and gameplay challenges.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a questionable source but the rumor isn't outside the realm of possibility. I'm sure Rocksteady could make a pretty great Superman game.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
The most obvious thing that Rocksteady could be doing has a 4chan rumour. I don't want to believe it but there's validity.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Superman kinda has the issue that he's too damn fast, strong and resistent. Either they do some Kryptonite shenanigans (which would defeat the purpose of the game imho) or they go full Saints Row IV in the bonkers over-the-top action. If there's a dev I can trust with managing that kind of chaos into a well made experience it's Rocksteady. This rumor keeps popping up from time to time so it might be true. We'll see in a week I guess.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought there were rumors of this happening for a couple of years now, since Arkham Knight was finished?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more than ready to get my hooks into another Rocksteady game. I'll give this a chance, hopefully they've got some creative solutions for the problems that people tend to bring up with Superman.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since the only depiction of Superman I dig is Four Seasons I'm not really interested in the general approach of the character.

But Rocksteady's Batman universe presentation was superb, hope it's true.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Working under the assumption this rumour is true, this is literally the make or break game for Superman as a franchise in videogames.

If Rocksteady can't make a decent game out of this IP then no one should try ever again.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd rather they work on a new IP, after the last 10 or 15 years I'm sick to the back teeth of comic book characters thanks to their over saturation in all media

I feel the same way about the PS4 Spiderman game

Status
Not open for further replies.