• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they are working on Diddy Kong Racing 2. David Wise composed the soundtrack for Snake Pass, after all. If anybody can make a proper sequel to the original, it's them.
I not so sure.
Read that slide again. 'Established Global IP'... Sonic is probably the right guess.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a Microsoft Kart Racer? Nintendo isn't listed as a partner.

DKR2 though... I would lose my mind.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo not being listed just means Nintendo hasnt published a game that's been made by Sumo. they also wouldnt hint at themselves making a game for Nintendo like this.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I just remembered I need Sonic & All-Stars Racing 3.
Because they seem to usually have an active project with Microsoft, maybe one of the FPS projects is the rumored new Perfect Dark?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maybe Sumo is working on Metroid Prime 4. that would be interesting

also, do we know anything about their proprietary engine? would like to hear more about that. maybe Dead Island 2 is running on it?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
If theres a sonic racing 3 coming, all I really need is for the sega themed power ups to return. Other than that, it was probably the most fun kart racer out there.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way I see it, there's two major possibilities.

New Sonic racing game.
New Crash Team Racing.
Agree, but we have to put in consideration the old Sumo jobs. They never worked on Crash game did they? And Sonic its really a strong ip... I mean, even when they make a terrible game that blue edge still sells.

I mean, I'd call Donkey Kong an established global IP
Donkey Kong? Yes. Diddy Kong? No.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the Kart game would most likely be Sonic and All Stars Racing 3, going by the description and Sumo having done the past ones. Plus, Nintendo not being listed as a partner, which would probably be the publisher if it was Diddy Kong Racing. It could be something like Microsoft Kart, Crash Team Racing, UbiSoft Kart or EA Kart to mess with me though since those companies are listed as partners and have global IPs from Halo to Rare's franchises to Gears for Microsoft, Rayman to Assassin's Creed from Ubi, Sony has Little Big Planet (which had a racer before) to Uncharted to other stuff, EA has Mass Effect, Plants vs. Zombies, etc. :P

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how Sumo Digital is built out of the ashes of Gremlin Graphics, it'd be real cool if one day they did a modern Lotus Turbo Challenge. Especially if Sega won't give us Outrun 3.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope that's Sonic All-star Racing 3. It's my favorite kart racer with great single player content.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tails is part of the Sonic IP, but you never see a game like 'Tails the fox'

vJmyIXh.png

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Maybe because CNK was garbage compared to CTR?
And the GBA Crash games were garbage compared to the PS1 originals, but that didn't stop Vicarious Visions from delivering an excellent remake. They have experience with the Crash IP and the kart racing genre. There is zero reason to commission a CTR remake from Sumo when Activision has a perfectly good studio in Vicarious Visions.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More than that? I don't sure if you know this, but speaking about this games(Sonic 2-8bit for master system and Tails Adventure -8bit for game gear) on Sega forum are forbidden. Don't know why, but...
Anw, just a little library of old games. Still don't prove my teory. Brazilian here, already played all those game gear/master system games.
I mean, Diddy Kong Racing have one game on n64 and a port for DS if I remember.

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch has happened since the last SEGA karting game. Franchises such as Yakuza, Project Diva, Bayonetta and Valkyria Chronicles have found new life or success globally, and there's also the acquisition of Atlus. The roster has the potential to be much more interesting this time around.

Though even if it's not a new All-Stars game, Sumo Digital knows what they're doing. Transformed was the greatest kart racer I've ever played, being based on SEGA was just an added bonus.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Tails is part of the Sonic IP, but you never see a game like 'Tails the fox' or 'Tails and Sega Star Racing'... Unless the game you're talking are Donkey Kong Racing.
Anw, my guess is Sonic or Crash.

I mean, the second DKC game was Diddy's Kong Quest with him in the lead, then there was Diddy Kong Racing and its DS port.

Diddy Kong Racing sold more copies than both Sonic & Sega racers combined so I certainly think it's as much of an established global IP as them?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For FPS I got Perfect Dark, Karting is something Sonic, surely?

Does Perfect Dark count as an established global IP?