• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC to console means a port?
Hoping for Sonic Sega Racing 3.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A bunch has happened since the last SEGA karting game. Franchises such as Yakuza, Project Diva, Bayonetta and Valkyria Chronicles have found new life or success globally, and there's also the acquisition of Atlus. The roster has the potential to be much more interesting this time around.

Though even if it's not a new All-Stars game, Sumo Digital knows what they're doing. Transformed was the greatest kart racer I've ever played, being based on SEGA was just an added bonus.

Imagine Sonic Mania themed levels like Studiopolis Zone in All-Stars Racing 3.

oh shit...

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, who let Karen from accounting use Powerpoint?

I'm cackling at the "ARTISTS" in rainbow italics.

sumo-digital-10-638wvuax.jpg

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Diddy Kong Racing sold more copies than both Sonic & Sega racers combined so I certainly think it's as much of an established global IP as them?
Really? If true maybe they're talking about that too.
Its hard to know with little information, but still believe in Sega racing because of the old jobs.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of startled by these slides, they almost look like something you'd make as a parody of a powerpoint.

Also, my breath caught when I saw the Time Splitters games on there. I'd settle for literal straight ports of the original trilogy, let alone remasters or even a new game.

Edit: Whoever owns the Time Splitters rights should go to jail for neglect

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
I'm definitely happy to hear another Sonic racing title might be in development. Transformed was definitely a standout title for me.

Hopefully same release day on Switch as PS4/XBO/PC. I'd probably pick it up on PC down the line.

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Imagine Sonic Mania themed levels like Studiopolis Zone in All-Stars Racing 3.

oh shit...
I don't think we're that lucky, unfortunately. All of the Sonic courses in Transformed used recycled assets. Seaside Hill and Sanctuary Falls looked like they were ripped directly from Sonic Generations.
I need Sonic & All-Stars Racing 3 with ToeJam & Earl and playable Ristar.
Yes please. NiGHTS was promoted from flag holder to playable character in Transformed. It's Ristar's turn!

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Really? If true maybe they're talking about that too.
Its hard to know with little information, but still believe in Sega racing because of the old jobs.

More recent numbers than the ones on Wikipedia might prove otherwise, but as is the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing games are at 2.43 million copies combined while Diddy Kong Racing sold 4.8 million so almost twice as much as the All-Stars games combined.

It probably is Sonic & Sega All-Stars 3, and I'd be absolutely elated if it is, I just think DKR was big enough that you'd talk about a sequel that way.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah, karting! I don;t even care if it's Sega themed or not, I just want a new kart racer by Sumo.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck. Truly transformed is the GOAT kart racer, even as someone that enjoys the shit out of Mario kart.

Would also be wonderful to get a perfect port of transformed for current mobile platforms.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
So unannounced major partner means it's from a publisher not already on their partners list?

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More recent numbers than the ones on Wikipedia might prove otherwise, but as is the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing games are at 2.43 million copies combined while Diddy Kong Racing sold 4.8 million so almost twice as much as the All-Stars games combined.

It probably is Sonic & Sega All-Stars 3, and I'd be absolutely elated if it is, I just think DKR was big enough that you'd talk about a sequel that way.

Numbers on Wikipedia are very, very wrong. For example, they say Sonic All-stars racing transformed sold 1.38 million copies world wide across all systems, but this figure is from only 6 months after the game had released. On steam alone, according to steam spy, it's sitting at just under a million currently (934,373), and you can see constant growth through out the years. So assuredly the number is higher.

Not saying it outsold DKR, but don't trust wikipedia for numbers.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im hoping the new PD game is being done by Coalition, but it does make sense for MS to continue to build on partnerships like Phill mentioned, so i guess the FPS they're working on is likely Perfect Dark.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
This almost looks fake, those slides look like something from a high school presentation

At least they didn't use comic sans.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
God I miss Sonic Transformed

So annoyed it never came to modern consoles because it came at the end of last gen

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Please just put out dead island 2 already. Im probably like the only person anxiously waiting for it, but man i cant wait.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping for a third go at All-Stars Racing. If you took the positives of both previous games and really packed it to the brim you could have the next GOAT easily.

Also just because:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, Crash Team Racing (in order of my hype and love for these games)...

Give me one of them. It's been a long time coming for all three, and I'm running out of platforms to play Transformed on!

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep mentioning Prime 4? Isn't it known that it's being developed within Nintendo?

No information about the development team is known beside Kensuke Tanabe being the lead producer (like the past entries). Plus, people saw Sumo's slide say the FPS they are making is from an Unannounced Major Partner, Nintendo isn't on the partner slide and Prime is a well-known global IP. I still don't think Sumo is the developer of MP4, but I wouldn't count it out completely. A lot of FPS franchises could fit the bill for this game they could be making.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
The rumored Perfect Dark project is supposed to be third person, right? Wouldn't fit with their secret FPS then.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Please be sonic all stars racing transformed 3 or w/e they call it. While your at it port ASRT to switch as well. Amazing kart racer more people need to play.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Because we don't actually know who's making MP4

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-metroid-prime-4-1796058481

[Update 2:52 PM: The game's fact sheet says that it development is being led by Metroid Prime series producer Kensuke Tanabe with a "talented new development team." That sounds like it's not Retro Studios.

This implied it's a team at Nintendo. And Sumo aren't new, so it's certainly not them.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Hm you reckon this would fall into the first or second fps? Cause if it falls into the first that means we can glean more information, such as the fact that they are porting to consoles and that they could be working on more games set in the EVE universe. But more than likely the first one is for dead Island, though the whole pc to console thing is what makes it confusing.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hm you reckon this would fall into the first or second fps? Cause if it falls into the first that means we can glean more information, such as the fact that they are porting to consoles and that they could be working on more games set in the EVE universe. But more than likely the first one is for dead Island, though the whole pc to console thing is what makes it confusing.
I think the first one is EVE, which would not be a ground up project for them, as CCP is also on it.

Dead Island 2 is entirely by Sumo, so it would both be a Sumo original project and based on a global IP.