• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

tenor.gif

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
So you think Tanabe is leading a "talented new development team" outside of Nintendo? A random new third party developer?

I think that clearly means it's a new team inside Nintendo. And it certainly means it's not Sumo, since they are not a new team.

Exactly, the new team means new people hired at Nintendo.

A new Goldeneye would still make sense.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
....or a this power point was a fake leak
I dont think I've ever seen a fake leak of this nature. it reads like advertisement for their studio and/or the region. Nottingham isnt even their HQ. and to have it hosted by a law firm? it's unlikely that this presentation is fake, I think

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I still think Rare are developing. With PD, I think it will be a game that's the main focus. Sumo are often working on multiple games at once.

You mean Rare are going to move on to PD after SoT is finished? Are we sure Rare isn't big enough to be working on two big games at the same time? That means we'd have to wait for like 5 more years for their next game. Ugh.....

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Crash Team Racing or maybe even they are assisting with Mario Kart 9. Who knows.

That said, why isn't there a new Sonic Racing Transformed? You can sell a million copies with this being a thing alone.

0705e2bf44b93ea35f87fb2f2e8fd70a.gif

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You mean Rare are going to move on to PD after SoT is finished? Are we sure Rare isn't big enough to be working on two big games at the same time? That means we'd have to wait for like 5 more years for their next game. Ugh.....

Well they have the engine from Sea of Thieves. I think we see PD in late 2021

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
UNANNOUNCED MAJOR PARTNER - Perfect Dark

UNANNOUNCED KARTING GAME - Crash Team Racing

Those are my guesses.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's weird, why would Aaron would go on Twitter to categorically deny the rumor just to be true at the end? Wouldn't be better to just stay silent? Maybe the game will be different enough from the normal SART so he can still say is not a new one but it's still inside the franchise somehow.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'm in for any kart racer so long as it isn't LBK2. Here's hoping Ruby Eclipse is teasing a name change & it's still SEGA, but CTR or Mario Kart would be equally good.

HamsterDude

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys, I just have to point out that I believe a staff member of Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed once said that he'd love to collaborate with Nintendo for a kart game or something like that. My guess is that this unannounced kart game is going to be a Nintendo & Sega mash-up kart game.

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Guys, I just have to point out that I believe a staff member of Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed once said that he'd love to collaborate with Nintendo for a kart game or something like that. My guess is that this unannounced kart game is going to be a Nintendo & Sega mash-up kart game.
I would freak out.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That would be amazing.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

I don't see it happening, but I'd sell my liver to make this happen.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
What if the next Mario and Sonic cross over game is Mario Kart vs Sonic Racing Transformed?

I would be down for this, the only con is it would undoubtedly be Nintendo exclusive, as opposed to a purely Sega only Kart racer that would be multi-platform.

Hmm in retrospect I think I'd rather have Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed 2

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
That's weird, why would Aaron would go on Twitter to categorically deny the rumor just to be true at the end? Wouldn't be better to just stay silent? Maybe the game will be different enough from the normal SART so he can still say is not a new one but it's still inside the franchise somehow.

That's my theory.

At worst, it's just "Sonic" and less "Sega All Stars" (and Danica).

Either way, now I guess we may have a good idea of what the next major Sonic fan event may be willing to talk about.