• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying I think one of the titles is perfect dark but I think from a Sumo/ms/rare perspective it would certainly count as an established global IP

Last edited:

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Guys, I just have to point out that I believe a staff member of Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed once said that he'd love to collaborate with Nintendo for a kart game or something like that. My guess is that this unannounced kart game is going to be a Nintendo & Sega mash-up kart game.
First post in the thread to properly grab my attention.

Would actually make a lot of sense. There's obviously a lot of karting money to be made on Switch with MK8D doing well, but it was limited by being a late port from the WiiU and Nintendo won't want to blow their load on MK9 too soon afterwards.

A collaboration with Sega, using a team that made pretty much the only decent Kart game that wasn't by Nintendo in the last decade, doesn't sound like it would be a bad idea for anyone involved.

Last edited:

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That FPS is probably this year's COD port to Switch.
They've been working on the single player campaign of Crackdown 3, due this year on PC and Xbox One; on Dead Island 2 for Deep Silver since 2016, with still no other news on that; on CCP's first-person shooter Project Nova, set in EVE's universe since 2017. And in addition to that on the unknown kart game. Quite a lot of projects.
  • Nottingham studio (about 50+ devs): Project Nova
  • Sheffield studio (about 280+ devs): Crackdown 3 + Dead Island 2 (if still in development) + likely the kart game
  • Pune studio (about 50+ devs): unknown; UE4 project, probably fps

Last edited:

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Nah, it'll be DeNA surely as they've done all of Nintendo's main mobile games (Miitomo, Super Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Animal Crossing Pocket Camp) IIRC.
Just want to point out that this is not true. Credits have shown these games are developed internally.

Miitomo/SMR and AC:PC were developed by Nintendo EPD, FE:H by Intelligent Systems.
DeNA does the network/server part (accounts, security, servers, monetization, loadbalancing etc.), not the gameplay.

Oct 26, 2017
First post in the thread to properly grab my attention.

Would actually make a lot of sense. There's obviously a lot of karting money to be made on Switch with MK8D doing well, but it was limited by being a late port from the WiiU and Nintendo won't want to blow their load on MK9 too soon afterwards.

A collaboration with Sega, using a team that made pretty much the only decent Kart game that wasn't by Nintendo in the last decade, doesn't sound like it would be a bad idea for anyone involved.

Hmm, Intriguing but I would be surprised to see Mario in a different kart racer while he would be the most natural fit after the Olympic titles. Is it time for Sonic & Diddy Kong racing?

Oct 31, 2017
Those slides look terrible, especially the one that says "ARTISTS" in a font no artist would choose.

Hype for Sonic though. Never played a Sonic racer.