• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
How's the quality of the statues? I've never bought a collector's edition of anything, but I freaking love TLOU.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
Yah no .
TLOU2 will be mega blockbuster regardless which console it is released on.

It's less about the success of that game for me and more about not having a sure success to launch your new next gen console with.

I'll happily play it wherever, just seems like a strange business decision. Not that that affects me at all!

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I really hope Sony have something saved for the PS5. So many good games died on the PS3 because the world had moved on. Having this game not be a launch game for the new console seems like a mistake to me.
Mistake would be not release this game on a console with near 100 million userbase. PS5 has BC so ppl moving forward can still play it on the new console.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's less about the success of that game for me and more about not having a sure success to launch your new next gen console with.

I'll happily play it wherever, just seems like a strange business decision. Not that that affects me at all!

They will be fine

Stuff like TLOU2 and Death Stranding will get PS5 patches (4k/60fps maybe) for the console launch day and then there is a very high probability of Ghost of Tsushima being a cross gen release, and maybe Ratchet and Clank PS5 and Demons Souls Remake

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It'd be cool if they included a temporary tattoo of what Ellie has inked on her arm. You'd get a lot of people on social media showing off their TLoU2 temp tat. Tons of free marketing.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope Sony have something saved for the PS5. So many good games died on the PS3 because the world had moved on. Having this game not be a launch game for the new console seems like a mistake to me.

It's likely releasing around 9 months before the next PlayStation, though. That's quite a gap (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally a 2019 title that got pushed back).

TLOU1 didn't "die on the PS3," and that released in June.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017

Given how much the game will have cost to make, to release it on a console with an install base of under 5m rather than one with an install base of 100m+ just doesn't make financial sense. Especially as you could release an 'upgrade patch' to still make the game attractive to people who do get a PS5.

Oct 25, 2017

This game will sell 10 million on PS4 and then another 10 million PS5. Just like the original only more.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

The PS5 will sell out regardless at launch. Thank fuck Sony don't delay shit for new consoles.

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
I'll just grab the normal one which is the cheapest. I don't care about the extra stuff. But February sounds nice. It's a quiet month otherwise.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Early 2020 is fucking crazy

• TLOU2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • FF7R
  • Animal Crossing
  • Watch_Dogs Legion
  • Ori
  • Bloodlines 2
  • Avengers
I mean three of those are already GOTG candidates straight up, 2017 really doesn't compete.

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima will probably be a PS5 launch title. I wouldn't really be concerned about content for the PS5 launch. Between BC, first party titles, and partnership games, it will be more than fine.

• TLOU2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • FF7R
  • Animal Crossing
  • Watch_Dogs Legion
  • Ori
  • Bloodlines 2
  • Avengers
Got me 😓

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

• TLOU2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • FF7R
  • Animal Crossing
  • Watch_Dogs Legion
  • Ori
  • Bloodlines 2
  • Avengers
I mean three of those are already GOTG candidates straight up, 2017 really doesn't compete.
I think at least two games will be pushed. Right now I am thinking Bloodlines 2 and Avengers. Cyberpunk is a hot candidate for a month delay as well.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017

• TLOU2
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • FF7R
  • Animal Crossing
  • Watch_Dogs Legion
  • Ori
  • Bloodlines 2
  • Avengers

I love it. I do wonder what will happen with The Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk around the PS5 launch. I hope you can play those games with enhancements without having to buy a new copy.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I will buy the most expensive digital edition. Together with the official guide in paperback which satisfies my physical collection crawings these days (and it serves a separate purpose).

This will be Naughty Dog's magnum opus.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017

Last of Us did staggering numbers on PS3 despite having launched on PS4 launch year. The world doesn't move on from games that are impactful!

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
there isnt really a good period of time to launching it before.

Sure there is.

There is currently all of one game announced for April, one game announced for May, and zero games announced for June. I don't understand where people are getting this idea that all of 2020 is ridiculously stacked when really only Q1 is.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sure there is.

There is currently all of one game announced for April, one game announced for May, and zero games announced for June.
but those april and may games are huge and will hurt the launch of a new IP, june is E3 month so hard to go on heavy marketing, july and august often are not a good time to launch new AAA games, and at that point, why not wait for next gen.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
but those april and may games are huge and will hurt the launch of a new IP, june is E3 month so hard to go on heavy marketing

The Last of Us, a new IP, launched in June and seemed to be just fine.

I agree that Cyberpunk is a big title, but just how much of a wide berth do you think it needs? They can release GoT six weeks after Cyberpunk and still be within the month of May. Which is still ~6 months before the next PlayStation's most likely launch window.

If the idea is that it would be beneficial for a new IP to release during a slow period of releases, the holiday season is not going to be better than Q2 or Q3.