• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Via ZhugeEX in the first-party Sony thread. Not the first time February has been mentioned, but the new info says Sony will release four editions of the game when it drops.

D-rRS9DUIAAeVqO.png

D-rRS9EU0AA9iw8.png

Last of Us 2
Feb 2020
Standard Edition, Special Edition, Collectors Edition, Ellie Edition

Last edited:

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Special is just a steelbook and some skins, Ellie Edition probably comes with an Ellie statue, wonder what the Collectors' is in-between those.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
I really hope Sony have something saved for the PS5. So many good games died on the PS3 because the world had moved on. Having this game not be a launch game for the new console seems like a mistake to me.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
YES! HYPE
they should call it elliete edition if we are being truly honest.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Ellie edition come with a cup to hold your tear when she dies? if not, then what's the point.

Jan 4, 2018
I really hope Sony have something saved for the PS5. So many good games died on the PS3 because the world had moved on. Having this game not be a launch game for the new console seems like a mistake to me.
The Last of Us came out about 4-5 months before PS4, I doubt it will be a problem this time either, especially since PS5 will be BC.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be getting the most expensive edition chances are. Got to have something to go with my Post Pandemic Edition of the first one.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I mean it's something but it's still not the same. The game would be months old by then. Again, the world would have moved on. I hope it comes out later. It's not like there won't be things to play in the first half of 2020

I don't think people "move on", TLOU sold more on PS4 than PS3, Uncharted trilogy was a success too. The advantage is that now people don't need to buy it twice.

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
February release date is the worst kept secret I can think of as far as release dates go. Can't wait for Part 2

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Seeing that the Death Stranding date got leaked by this person 2 weeks before the trailer, I wonder if that is around the same time frame until the trailer this time

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Never imagined ghosts of tsushima will end up releasing later than DS TLOU2 FF7R :/

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I mean it's something but it's still not the same. The game would be months old by then. Again, the world would have moved on. I hope it comes out later. It's not like there won't be things to play in the first half of 2020
This is The Last of Us, people won't forget quickly. Same situation as the first on PS3.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think people "move on", TLOU sold more on PS4 than PS3, Uncharted trilogy was a success too. The advantage is that now people don't need to buy it twice.
Yeah. Make the game run better on PS5 with a patch, release PS5 edition that include the patch on disc. Infinite money.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Day1 on LE edition.

I seriously didnt think much if part1 when it came out. Next thing you know the Pandemic edition which was 150? Ends up going for 800 bucks.

Never again.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Ellie edition is a special edition only people named Ellie can buy

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Will be interesting to see how they choose to announce the release date officially. State of Play is an option obviously, but I'm hoping they do it on stage at PSX this year (if there is one).

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Given how close to the PS5 reveal it will be (assuming they follow the same structure as the PS4), I'm confident TLOU (extra marketing) and GOT (potentia launch title) will be the poster childs for PS5's enhanced BC.

Going to be hard to decide between playing Day 1 or waiting for that sweet 60fps version on PS5 (assuming it could happen).

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

Yah no .
TLOU2 will be mega blockbuster regardless which console it is released on.

Ellie edition will comes with a guitar and a machete.