• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Expert in Blueprint programming in Unreal Engine 4

• Scripter, Technical Designer, Gameplay Designer, and Systems Designer.

• Responsible for supporting Level Designers, System Designers, and Engineers with any scripting needs.

• Designed and scripted various weapons, gadgets, and a camera surveillance system for an unannounced project.

• Responsible for scripting and creating various world interactables and gameplay objects, such as doors, destructibles, hazards, triggers, and much more.

• Initiated and wrote blueprint coding standards, best practices, and various blueprinting tutorials.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
g8nezPV.gif

She comes

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
There's too much smoke about this being a Perfect Dark reboot for it to not be that.

So of course it won't be. :(

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Certainly sounds like something very similar to Perfect Dark, at least.

I guess the CamSpy could be making a return?
perfectdark.fandom.com

CamSpy

The CamSpy is a small surveillance device created by the Carrington Institute, which appeared in Perfect Dark. It only appeared in DataDyne Research: Investigation and G5 Building missions. Its main purpose is to spy and record audio and video evidence, though it can also take pictures. It can...

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Why the hell is everyone assuming it's Perfect Dark, that's Rare's game so it would fall on them not on the new studio.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell is everyone assuming it's Perfect Dark, that's Rare's game so it would fall on them not on the new studio.
Rare doesn't really touch their old IP anymore. The new battletoads is being made by another studio with Rare doing a little supervision. Same with Killer Instinct as well.

I would assume it would be the same with this if not any supervision at all tbh since I doubt a lot of the old Perfect Dark team is still at Rare.

I would be a little sad if it's Perfect Dark tho, wanted a new IP tbh.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Tell that to Killer Instinct.
My point still stands, why would Microsoft use the new studio and get the top talents from the gaming industry just to make a reboot or sequel to Perfect Dark? All that talent for a game that's at least 20 years old or so? Clearly the common sense has flown by on this thread.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Rare doesn't really touch their old IP anymore. The new battletoads is being made by another studio with Rare doing a little supervision. Same with Killer Instinct as well.

I would assume it would be the same with this if not any supervision at all tbh since I doubt a lot of the old Perfect Dark team is still at Rare.

I would be a little sad if it's Perfect Dark tho, wanted a new IP tbh.
Who cares, we need new IP, there's no reason to use a new studio for an old game. Clearly that's not Microsoft's vision.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
My point still stands, why would Microsoft use the new studio and get the top talents from the gaming industry just to make a reboot or sequel to Perfect Dark? All that talent for a game that's at least 20 years old or so? Clearly the common sense has flown by on this thread.
Or its common sense the studio decided themself they wanted to make it. As Xbox studios are free to dip in the IP's.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This logic makes no sense. Just because a new studio is working on a reboot of perfect dark doesn't mean it's limited by the series past or the name. It could literally be one of the most ambitious games ever for all we know, it's not being limited by anything.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's true. I would love a reboot that makes it like Mission Impossible with a female lead.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
or maybe the studio decided by themselves that they wanted to make a new perfect dark

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
New IP isn't inherently better than old IP. If the studio is passionate about the IP, then I don't see the problem here.

Besides, it's such an old IP that they have a lot of room to switch things up.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Or its common sense the studio decided themself they wanted to make it. As Xbox studios are free to dip in the IP's.
Or the other common sense would be that if a new studio makes a game it would be something totally different not something that's old. It's common sense and if you know how to read between the lines. You'll figure out that the studio is being used for a new game hence the reason why Microsoft hired all these top developers especially from Sony.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

You must have thrown a fit when Konami announced Metal Gear Solid.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Or the other common sense would be that if a new studio makes a game it would be something totally different not something that's old. It's common sense and if you know how to read between the lines. You'll figure out that the studio is being used for a new game hence the reason why Microsoft hired all these top developers especially from Sony.
This is not really common sense.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Please tell me this is a joke.