• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Not trusting Sony/M$ when the Xbone/PS4 had their specs exaggerated doesn't seem like console warring to me, and that's what I see a lot of posters discussing when they try to discredit these specs.
I don't think you are suppose to put the $ in Microsoft's name IIRC. Might want to change that.
I don't think it's allowed. That rule could be from the old site. It's pretty childish though.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
According to rumors AMD has a gpu coming that will beat the next Rtx Titan.

Doesn't have to be any rumor, it's a common sense deduction. A 5700XT with 40CU's is competitive with an OG 2080 and 2070 Super, of course a presumed 5900XT full size 64CU chip (even without any other architectural advances) should surpass the RTX Titan, it's a straight 60% compute boost over the 5700XT.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
599 is a dangerous price and I doubt MS/Sony will want to touch that. Not worth it.

If Sony's machine is actually 12.9 TF, PS5's launch price could go that high; their business model historically puts emphasis on profiting off of console sales and this kind of hardware doesn't come cheap. If 10.24 rumors are true, that actually puts Sony in a better position to charge less than Microsoft will.

Then again, Microsoft may go for $599. Who knows?

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
Option 1 - Adjust the number to be relative to Gen 8 (e.g 4tflops becomes 5, 8tflops becomes 10, and 12 becomes 14)
So there's the possibility that numbers have already been PR-baked to compare against previous gen.

So 12 could actually be 10, or 14.

I'm adapting to this post-truth era.

This is going to be a long 12 months.

Lol, this is the light relief from the shit going down in the real world.

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Console wars
For those invested on the, on paper, weaker PS5 platform: don't worry about it, you will enjoy great first party games from Sony, not technically as capable as the 12 TF MS Anaconda console but good enough. Differences in raw processing power probably won't be enough to change ecosystems, however, did you ever think about gamepass? hundreds of games, all the present and future MS games on day one, best of the best backwards compatibility, enormous discounts on first and third party games, best of the best online gaming. That's something to think about.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
1 TF is like Base Goku.

6 TF is like SS2 Goku.

12 TF is approaching Super Saiyan God Goku.

Now you understand.

This is disappointing. Consoles already outdated. Also I hope someone does this again.

BgzX4KgCYAA9hfA.jpg

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
For those invested on the, on paper, weaker PS5 platform: don't worry about it, you will enjoy great first party games from Sony, not technically as capable as the 12 TF MS Anaconda console but good enough. Differences in raw processing power probably won't be enough to change ecosystems, however, did you ever think about gamepass? hundreds of games, all the present and future MS games on day one, best of the best backwards compatibility, enormous discounts on first and third party games, best of the best online gaming. That's something to think about.
I'm invested in a Windows PC, so I don't really have to worry about the next gen Xbox because those games will be coming to PC. Why are you actually trying to turn this into a console war?

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't have to be any rumor, it's a common sense deduction. A 5700XT with 40CU's is competitive with an OG 2080 and 2070 Super, of course a presumed 5900XT full size 64CU chip (even without any other architectural advances) should surpass the RTX Titan, it's a straight 60% compute boost over the 5700XT.
Not the current Titan, the NEXT Titan or equivalent from Nvidia.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
MS is setting the high bar for next gen, an absolute beast with anaconda at 12TF and an affordable Next-Gen option with Lockhart. Great games will come along with all those multiple studio adquisitions, you want the best? Anaconda. You want a truly next gen experience for your 1080p tv? Lockhart. All of these options blessed with gamepass. MS is doing the right thing for all of us gamers.
I agree. Choices are a wonderful thing.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Devkit would have the same GPU as Anaconda. THe only difference you will have in a devkit is more RAM and more Storage. This is used for debugging purproses.
Devkit may be more powerful just like with Xbox One X where they not disabled any CUs. While today the news is absolutely a blast for next gen gaming we should not forget to be accurate. Debugging not only costs memory but also CPU/GPU time inspecting data / profiling

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
With this stuff likely being true....i just want to hold off on buying Cyberpunk and wait for Scarlett. Goddamn.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Classy.
Gamepass is actually amazing

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017

But we dont know where the Ps5 is sitting atm. It could be 13tflops and be more powerful than anaconda.

But now that the devkits are out (so the specs of both machines are well known among developers) this leak or announcement or whatever it is comes a bit a surprise to me.

Perhaps a demonstration of confindene from Microsoft?

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
I'm invested in a Windows PC, so I don't really have to worry about the next gen Xbox because those games will be coming to PC. Why are you actually trying to turn this into a console war?

Not trying to turn this into a console war at all, we all have choices, Im glad you play Games, MS games or not, on PC. I just think that multiple choices is the right thing, and I prefer the MS ecosystem. Sony had the best exclusives this gen, I beleive and hope MS will catch up.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
MS is setting the high bar for next gen, an absolute beast with anaconda at 12TF and an affordable Next-Gen option with Lockhart. Great games will come along with all those multiple studio adquisitions, you want the best? Anaconda. You want a truly next gen experience for your 1080p tv? Lockhart. All of these options blessed with gamepass. MS is doing the right thing for all of us gamers.

Is than an Anaconda in your pants or do you just love Xbox?

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017

The only problem with that is on 7nm and same clocks as 5700XT, you're talking about around a 400W part.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect some number fudging like the equivalent to 12TF when you factor in hardware accelerated ray tracing

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
As an Xbox fan, I feel like those specs will give me 4k 60 fps, assuming the games are optimized efficiently.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
Not trying to turn this into a console war at all, we all have choices, Im glad you play Games, MS games or not, on PC. I just think that multiple choices is the right thing, and I prefer the MS ecosystem. Sony had the best exclusives this gen, I beleive and hope MS will catch up.

Sony having the "best exclusives" this gen is pretty subjective, as Nintendo also put out a lot of quality exclusives and continue to do so while Sony lags somewhat behind in the latter stages of the PS4's life. You can prefer any ecosystem you want, since I don't like to arbitrarily limit myself, I play on all three ecosystems and since I have a choice between a console and up-gradable hardware for MS games, I choose the up-gradable option. The wording of your original post just came off as trying to incite a console war, something I'm trying to avoid by including the PS5's specs as something we all should be skeptical of, not just Microsoft.

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
Is than an Anaconda in your pants or do you just love Xbox?

I love Xbox, just that, the best ecosystem for me. Don't have an anaconda in my pants but surely I'll buy one, and a couple of lockharts if they ever exist, one for my girldfriend and the other for my nephew. I just love game pass, Sony has amazing exclusives but gamepass is an amazing gaming service. That's all.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
fanboy alert

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Just because they target 12tf doesn't mean they will reach it.

But its safe to say it will be above 10tf.. 8/9tf team can die (rip me)

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, except for Lockhart. Can't believe MS is trying to sandbag this entire generation with their half-gen nonsense.

nizerifin

Jun 9, 2018
You know Sony and Microsoft collude on the specs of these boxes so as to avoid causing too much disruption. I expect the PS5's specs to be within the margin of error of the Xbox 2's specs.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
You should ask him for them. I'm sure he'll give them to you.

Im saying he's been wrong on a good amount of things. Not saying this info isn't out of the blue as Zhug pointed out, and also Jason hinted at. I just don't trust Jez after a lot of dumb calls he's done in the past.

Would like Someone like Jason to actually finalize some of this info or at least acknowledge it's similar to what he's heard.

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't matter how powerful Scarlett is when it has its annoying little brother holding it back it for an entire generation. Total bummer.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Im saying he's been wrong on a good amount of things. Not saying this info isn't out of the blue as Zhug pointed out, and also Jason hinted at. I just don't trust Jez after a lot of dumb calls he's done in the past.

Would like Someone like Jason to actually finalize some of this info or at least acknowledge it's similar to what he's heard.
Tom Warren already did.