• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Announced at the Nintendo Direct! Coming out later this year! Seems to be a Switch exclusive!

RF5 coming out in 2020!

RUNE FACTORY LIVESSSSSSSSSSS!

rune-factory-5.jpg

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad this isn't exclusive. I loooooove Rune Factory. Such a great series.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I'm sorry FE, you're my favorite series, but nothing will be the revival of Rune Factory this direct.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really liked Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny on PS3 but never wanted to get into the 3DS games, so finally I'll play both 4 Special and 5.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully this is like the best Rune Factory in existence, Frontier.
Get it. Give me another console version that isn't Tides trash.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So gooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

The franchise is ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE.

They gonna have to come correct with 5, the market for farming/life sims has never been better and more diverse. They can't half ass it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Is it coming to other systems besides Switch? Or do you just mean that it's no longer exclusive to 3DS?
They didn't say exclusive or first on Switch, just said coming to Switch.

RF4 might be only for Switch, but I doubt RF5 will be.

Edit: Yeah, their Twitter which mentions exclusivity for all other other games that are exclusive, mentions nothing about RF4+5.

Last edited:

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not going to buy if they continue their homophobia and not allow same sex marriages.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This made the direct for me. Thought this series was dead and we got a better port and confirmation of a new one?! Holy shit I'm so ready.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Best Harvest Moon game rereleased and a sequel to the best Harvest Moon game, what a time to be alive.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EASILY the biggest announcement of the show for me.

I'm STOKED the series isn't dead AHHHHH

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
YES!!

YEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have put hundreds of hours into Rune Factory Frontier. You do not realize how stoked I am to hear Rune Factory return to a console.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see that coming. I don't think I've played a Rune Factory since Tides of Destiny.

Pretty curious what 5 will look like.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They told me you were dead! That I would never see you again!

I'm so fucking happy. ;_;

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Glad that this is real. Fire Emblem being delayed once again left a sour taste in my mouth, so this washes it away immediately.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the best announcement I could imagine, for any game for any system.

Maybe a new, good looking Mana game, but RUNE FACTORY IS BACK BABY