• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm debating option 3 to be honest. As much as they're nice, these aren't the first shoes I've had issues with. I've previously had New Balance which rubbed on my instep, Hoka's rubbing on the outside of my foot and now these Reebok's rubbing on the heel. Might just be a case of sticking to what I know works and keep with Nike or Brooks.

Have you tried the Saucony Type A9 or something from Topo Athletic?

On my 5km uni track (that has a lot of hills including a Eau Rouge knock-off) I've managed to hit sub-20 for the first time 😄

Congratulations!

Oct 29, 2017
Have you tried the Saucony Type A9 or something from Topo Athletic?

Congratulations!

Never tried a Saucony or even heard of Topo Athletic 😁

Looking at my current shoe collection, I've got:

Nike Epic React 2 - 94 Miles
Nike Pegasus 35 - 184 Miles
Hoka Clifton 6 - 119 Miles

The React's are in my "correct" size, or at least what I feel is my correct size with Nike. So I'll use those and get the full mileage out of those.

The Peg's are slightly too big but don't give any discomfort, just don't feel as nice as they could but I'll still be able to wear them and get full mileage.

The Hoka's are a bit more awkward. They keep giving me a blister on the instep of my foot but I figure I can wear thick socks and just use them for shorter 5K runs. Maybe my feet will harden up.

After that I think I'll get another Nike for my marathon shoe. I was thinking the Turbo's but I'm around 190lbs and I might be a bit too heavy to get the best use from them. I read on a review site that I'm best suited to the React's so I might just get another pair of those closer to race day.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I sort of bought the Reebok Run Fast Pro on a whim during Black Friday (105 instead of 250 was a rather good deal.
I've been eyeing them for a few months already, liking the Floatride Energy and all, but I'm sort of scared to try them and not even sure what races they would be good for, with a 3mm drop and <100g I guess road 5k could work, more than that I'm not sure if I would be ready yet as I've never went below 8mm drop for a shoe.

r3s : I think it's you who used the RFP for a half, how did that go?

Duebrithil : Hope you can bounce back stronger from that last race ! Training is there, results will definitely come at some point

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of bought the Reebok Run Fast Pro on a whim during Black Friday (105 instead of 250 was a rather good deal.
I've been eyeing them for a few months already, liking the Floatride Energy and all, but I'm sort of scared to try them and not even sure what races they would be good for, with a 3mm drop and <100g I guess road 5k could work, more than that I'm not sure if I would be ready yet as I've never went below 8mm drop for a shoe.

r3s : I think it's you who used the RFP for a half, how did that go?

Duebrithil : Hope you can bounce back stronger from that last race ! Training is there, results will definitely come at some point

Definitely! All the training for València makes a very solid foundation to build on for Sevilla, and last Sunday has convinced me that I can pull off a sub 2:50 marathon: never felt like I was being held back by my legs or anything like that.

Of course I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit angry about the whole thing, being reduced to walking for the last 2 km was crushing.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Well it's nearly the end of the year! Did anyone get any good running stuff for Christmas / any other religious festival?
Managed to get some ultraboost 19s for £50 in the sales and I'm tempted by the aftershokz bone conduction headphones - anyone used them?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Girlfriend and i both got the Nike Pegasus GoreTex.

We love our Epic Reacts, but ever so often we run trails, and they're really ill suited for those, because of the slick soles.

So these new ones will do for Winter and Trail runs.
KSkARKF.png

giphy.gif

Also, i got her a Wahoo Kickr for her bike so she can train indoors. Actually, we can - her bike's big enough to function as a workout bike for me...

ue7woDS.png

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Girlfriend and i both got the Nike Pegasus GoreTex.

We love our Epic Reacts, but ever so often we run trails, and they're really ill suited for those, because of the slick soles.

So these new ones will do for Winter and Trail runs.
KSkARKF.png

giphy.gif

Also, i got her a Wahoo Kickr for her bike so she can train indoors. Actually, we can - her bike's big enough to function as a workout bike for me...

ue7woDS.png
Love the trail shoes. They're nice!

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Got a new Garmin watch for Christmas. It's my first running watch that is more feature rich than your basic timex Ironman. Pretty cool to be able to analyze my run afterward and see my pacing, HR, etc. it really lets your geek out on stats which is right up my alley. I didn't think it would be something I'd really "need" but it's hard for me to do interval work in my new neighborhood, so having mileage on my wrist during runs is going to be really useful.

Oct 29, 2017
I got money for Christmas so as I was undecided between the Skechers Ride 8's and the New Balance 1080 v10's .... whynotboth.gif

So I've got both of those coming in the next week. I bought Ultraboost 19's a month or so ago but as much as Boost feels great for walking, they still feel a bit too firm for running in. Same with my Epic React 2's. So my Ultraboosts have been moved to general everyday shoes now. I'm hoping the Ride 8's and 1080's are as soft as the Pegasus Turbo V1's which I find by far the most comfortable of any shoe I've had, but don't quite have that stability or robustness for a daily or long slow run shoe.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
After severly burning myself on the leg two weeks ago with a hot tea ( wear pants, people ), I'm back into my normal routine.

2019 stats time !
I ran Asics Noosa 2, PEG 36, and Hoka RIncon :

9h34jk3.png

2020 goal:
My first 30k Trail in March ! I can't wait, but also, I need to buy gear. Trail shoes and maybe a vest?
Any recs ?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Great stats!

I'm at 1,877km in 2019. Sub 40 minute 10k would be a great thing to achieve next year - and / or the sub 1:30:00 HM

Iris

Oct 28, 2017
I know that the thread topic says that the best running shoe is subjective and I should go get my gait evaluated but I have anxiety issues and I need something I can order online. If it doesn't fit I'll return and get another. I've currently been using adidas tennis shoes and I feel like I could he having an easier time with my workouts if I had a real running shoe. So what can you guys reccomend I take a look at? I'm Canadian if that helps.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Mine say 1900km this year with elevation of 17394km.
Not bad and managed to get sub 39" 10km. Just need to sort my knee out for the half and go at that next year.

Just got some ultraboost 19s and they are legit great shoes. Really really nice

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I know that the thread topic says that the best running shoe is subjective and I should go get my gait evaluated but I have anxiety issues and I need something I can order online. If it doesn't fit I'll return and get another. I've currently been using adidas tennis shoes and I feel like I could he having an easier time with my workouts if I had a real running shoe. So what can you guys reccomend I take a look at? I'm Canadian if that helps.
Anything is better than "tennis shoes".
What's your price range?

also, i Wonder if some folks on reddit or even here could at least make some educated guess about what might be a good fit if you posted a pic of the soles of your workout shoes.
that might give people an indication of any possible pronation?

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
After severly burning myself on the leg two weeks ago with a hot tea ( wear pants, people ), I'm back into my normal routine.

2019 stats time !

9h34jk3.png

2020 goal:
My first 30k Trail in March ! I can't wait, but also, I need to buy gear. Trail shoes and maybe a vest?
Any recs ?

Ecotrail I guess ?
For 30k you can buy a vest but it's not mandatory, if you have a running short with lots of place to put things that's enough really, Kalenji has a great 20 something model that's both underwear and shorts and good enough for that.
I own the Salomon ADV Skin Set 12 used it a few times and it was good I guess (nothing to compare it with though), my only complaint is that when you're filling your bottles to the max it's a big struggle to make them fit in the vest.

Imo vest makes sense if you're going for >3h long effort in not so easy conditions (supply station, difficulty and weather), the 30k Ecotrail is not so hard that it would take you that long with your speed (last quarter is almost fully in Paris running on concrete), March weather is usually good and... I'm not sure about the supply stations but surely they will provide water which is what you would need on top of some gels in your backpocket.

Finished the year close to 2800k, almost double 2018 (<1500) which was 50% than 2017 (<1000km) etc.
I also finished th year on a very underwhelming 10k, shooting for a sub 35' and hoping for 34:40 (almost 1mn PR) I completely fumbled on race day early one and I'm not even sure why, ended with a 35:41, 3s slower than my PR in last June despite 6 months of additional training/mileage and huge PR in the marathon/half in the mean time.

I finished the year using the following pair of shoes
  • Boston 7 : Sunday long run shoes + speed session outside track at home @550k, in the early stage of think of its replacement
  • Pegasus 35 : Cushioned shoes at home, @500k
  • Forever Floatride Energy : Multi purpose shoes at work, very happy with them, @360k
  • Tartherzeal 6 : Track workout at work, @330k
  • Run Fast Pro : The last one with the mesmerezing weight of 90g, for track workout at home, used them once
  • Tarther Japan : Barely using them at home, an impulsive buy in Tokyo after the marathon, their looks are incredible but they don't feel "right", I put them somewhere between the Pegasus, Boston and Tartherzeal, closer to the former two though
  • Vaporfly Next% : The beast for longer races, my last 10k made me reconsider them as a "must have" for that distance though
  • Cascadia 13 : Super heavy comfy shoes for trails, for what I did (26k-24k) they were probably not "worth" it, but better be safe than sorry, grip is incredible though

Annnnd that's it lol, the Boston is the next in line to be replaced, candidates might be the Boston 8, the Run Fast, the Pegasus Turbo ? Not sure haven't really searched thoroughly yet. If I want to try "short" trails once again the idea of another lighter pair is there (Salomon or Brooks) but I'm not sure it's quite worth it yet.

Oct 30, 2017

2019 stats time !

9h34jk3.png

2020 goal:
Any recs ?

Wow 17minute 5k!
My fastest 5k is 19:13, but my 10k is similar to yours at 39:46. Hopefully marathon training will improve some of my times.

Vous êtes français ?
Je viens du Royaume-Uni, mais j'aime la France. en mars dernier, j'ai fait le semi-marathon de Paris et il était incroyable !

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Wow 17minute 5k!
My fastest 5k is 19:13, but my 10k is similar to yours at 39:46. Hopefully marathon training will improve some of my times.

Vous êtes français ?
Je viens du Royaume-Uni, mais j'aime la France. en mars dernier, j'ai fait le semi-marathon de Paris et il était incroyable !

17mn 5k doesn't line up with a 39mn 10k, I'd hazard a guess and say that the 5k 1 mile and 1k are GPS errors, the latest two are a guarantee and the first does sound very likely.

Si tu as aimé le semi-marathon de Paris alors je te recommande le marathon, il inclu pratiquement tout le parcours du semi-marathon avec en plus départ sur l'avenue des champs Elysée, arrivée devant l'arc de triomphe et passage devant plein d'autres monuments symboliques de la ville.

De mémoire la météo était très mauvaise pour la course par contre non ? Vent de face très violent dans la dernière partie.

Oct 30, 2017
17mn 5k doesn't line up with a 39mn 10k, I'd hazard a guess and say that the 5k 1 mile and 1k are GPS errors, the latest two are a guarantee and the first does sound very likely.

Si tu as aimé le semi-marathon de Paris alors je te recommande le marathon, il inclu pratiquement tout le parcours du semi-marathon avec en plus départ sur l'avenue des champs Elysée, arrivée devant l'arc de triomphe et passage devant plein d'autres monuments symboliques de la ville.

De mémoire la météo était très mauvaise pour la course par contre non ? Vent de face très violent dans la dernière partie.

Ouaip, pour les cinq derniers kilomètres! Heureusement la fin est en descente donc j'ai fait un PB!

I've seen the full marathon and it looks like the second half is the half that I did, around Vincennes.
Do you need to get in on the ballot for Paris?

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Ouaip, pour les cinq derniers kilomètres! Heureusement la fin est en descente donc j'ai fait un PB!

I've seen the full marathon and it looks like the second half is the half that I did, around Vincennes.
Do you need to get in on the ballot for Paris?

Yep the part around Vincennes' wood is exactly the same.
Nope, as far as I know only the 6 world marathon major have a ballot (well that and others peculiars races), Paris is open and registration is full around late February usually, it could come earlier this year though so don't quote me on that.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
fJJ3hzg.jpg

Those winter trail runs are the best.
8:00 in the Morning, -4°C
350m elevation gain, 15km total.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some serious temperatures right there. Do you carry an extra layer of clothing in case you have to slow down/stop or the wind picks up?
Not really. We're wearing enough layers so the temps don't really matter. If it were particularly windy we wouldn't really go, though.
Also we're like never more than 30-40 minutes from our car.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was injured last year, so I missed the Fred Lebow Half Marathon. This year, I took training more seriously and got one of New York Road Runners' virtual training plans to keep me accountable, and I made an almost ten minute improvement over my 2018 time. I can recommend their virtual training plans.

I need new shoes though. The pinky toe area on my left shoe is coming undone.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm currently injured and it's massively frustrating. I was 5 weeks into my marathon plan and all was going well. What I think caused it was changing to the Skechers and their 6mm drop which I don't think I was quite ready for, and then running 10 miles. It appears to have brought out my weak hips and glutes, resulting in IT band pain. It's just starting to subside a bit now, a week later, so I'll try running a mile around the block later tonight and see how I get on.

Getting injured is so frustrating anyway but when I'm training for my first marathon, I really hoped things would go smoother than they have. I hadn't even ramped up my mileage at that point, so I think it was just the change in drop.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently injured and it's massively frustrating. I was 5 weeks into my marathon plan and all was going well. What I think caused it was changing to the Skechers and their 6mm drop which I don't think I was quite ready for, and then running 10 miles. It appears to have brought out my weak hips and glutes, resulting in IT band pain. It's just starting to subside a bit now, a week later, so I'll try running a mile around the block later tonight and see how I get on.

Getting injured is so frustrating anyway but when I'm training for my first marathon, I really hoped things would go smoother than they have. I hadn't even ramped up my mileage at that point, so I think it was just the change in drop.

It's very possible that a big change in drop made you activate muscles and structures you wouldn't normally use. When I went from the Nike Vomero to Saucony Kinvara I felt my calves were working overtime. If you are feeling back to full strength try to incorporate this lower offset shoes gradually into your training so that your body has time to adapt.

Oct 29, 2017
It's very possible that a big change in drop made you activate muscles and structures you wouldn't normally use. When I went from the Nike Vomero to Saucony Kinvara I felt my calves were working overtime. If you are feeling back to full strength try to incorporate this lower offset shoes gradually into your training so that your body has time to adapt.

Yep, that's the plan. Tonight I'll try the Pegasus Turbo's which are a 10mm drop that I'm used to so hopefully I'll be alright.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
UUO80AL.jpg

Another 7:45am Sunday morning run ... one of the female runners from our "group" wanted to go for 21k today, so we did.

But only at a 5:59/km pace, so I rode another 42k on the (indoor) bike just now...

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else get complete disrespect from other foot path users while out running?

I usually try and get a run in before work, which means I end up around people making their way to schools. But fuck me, the rudeness of some people. Groups of mothers refusing to give up any room while they're pushing push chairs 2 abreast, and then there's the teenagers...

Went out yesterday and almost knocked a kid on his back because he refuses to give up space as he walked 3 wide across the path with his friends. I moved as far as I could to the right of the path, and he 100% saw me coming but refused to move. So I did the same.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else get complete disrespect from other foot path users while out running?

I usually try and get a run in before work, which means I end up around people making their way to schools. But fuck me, the rudeness of some people. Groups of mothers refusing to give up any room while they're pushing push chairs 2 abreast, and then there's the teenagers...

Went out yesterday and almost knocked a kid on his back because he refuses to give up space as he walked 3 wide across the path with his friends. I moved as far as I could to the right of the path, and he 100% saw me coming but refused to move. So I did the same.
Meh, i just do the passive-aggressive "...thank you."

But i do also actually thank everyone who does make room when i'm coming through.

Oct 29, 2017
I always thank people who step to the side. I find the dog walkers to be particularly bad, they seem completely oblivious to people being around them. I'm a pretty loud runner and I'm sure if you were slightly switched on you'd hear me coming. But nope, I pretty much have to be a foot away before they even realise I'm there, and even then they'll just stop dead and make me either stop myself or run into the road suddenly.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017

Parents are so fucking self entitled. I'm always running in the gutters to get round them.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I've been running for about 8 months, I only do 5 km every other day. I can usually do this within 30 mins, it used to take me 45 with some walking in between but I've slowly but surely cut the time down which I'm really proud of. I've been trying to increase the amount I run to 10 km, haven't made it all the way yet since I get tired around 7 km, but I am hopeful in getting there soon.

Anyway, there's a half-marathon coming up in May in my city and I'm considering signing up for it. Though I'm not sure I'll actually be capable of doing 21 km within 3 months of training. I'm honestly just scared that I won't be able to do it and make a fool out of myself. It just seems really daunting. I don't want to be blocking other people's way.

I guess I just want to know for people who have done one before, are you allowed to walk some of it? Any general tips? Am I just scaring myself for no reason?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been running for about 8 months, I only do 5 km every other day. I can usually do this within 30 mins, it used to take me 45 with some walking in between but I've slowly but surely cut the time down which I'm really proud of. I've been trying to increase the amount I run to 10 km, haven't made it all the way yet since I get tired around 7 km, but I am hopeful in getting there soon.

Anyway, there's a half-marathon coming up in May in my city and I'm considering signing up for it. Though I'm not sure I'll actually be capable of doing 21 km within 3 months of training. I'm honestly just scared that I won't be able to do it and make a fool out of myself. It just seems really daunting. I don't want to be blocking other people's way.

I guess I just want to know for people who have done one before, are you allowed to walk some of it? Any general tips? Am I just scaring myself for no reason?

First and foremost: You won't make a fool of yourself.

Secondly: Congrats on the progress you've already made!!

Thirdly: Of course you're "allowed" to walk. Unless your event has a suuuuuuper strict cut-off time, you can just walk the final 8-10k. Or just walk for a km after every drink station.

Fourth...ly? Going from "being able to run 7km" to "finishing a half marathon" in 3 months ... i can't comment on how achievable that is, since 'finishing' can mean many things. Depending on how fast you wanna run (you run at a 6min/km pace, currently) and whether you're fine with doing some walking during the event, it's certainly super possible.
Again, nobody's gonna think any less of a runner who needs to resort to walking for a few hundred meters or more. It's actually the inverse for me. Like, the last time i wasn't able to finish a half marathon was in ... 2014 ... and the people cheering me on, trying to motivate me "Come on, Fliesen! You can do it! Let's go Fliesen! Almost there!" were a bit annoying 😆 ... like, "I'M SORRY, MY LEG'S CRAMPING, GET OFF MY BACK, WELL-MEANING PERSON ALONG THE TRACK!"

When do signups close? Do you think you'll only be motivated to increase your training if you've already signed up? Otherwise i recommend you to wait a few weeks and sign up once you finish your first 10k training run.
While you don't need to do a full 21k before the race, it's definitely helpful (both physically and mentally) to at least have run for... 12-14k at least once before the race.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017

I'll echo Fliesen: You won't make a fool out of yourself. And if you need to walk that's alright: you are still going faster than everyone that stayed at home watching TV.

I'm at work now, so I'll try to expand upon this later, but I think with 12 weeks you could follow a half-marathon training plan designed for someone wanting to make a debut in the distance.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First and foremost: You won't make a fool of yourself.

Secondly: Congrats on the progress you've already made!!

Thirdly: Of course you're "allowed" to walk. Unless your event has a suuuuuuper strict cut-off time, you can just walk the final 8-10k. Or just walk for a km after every drink station.

Fourth...ly? Going from "being able to run 7km" to "finishing a half marathon" in 3 months ... i can't comment on how achievable that is, since 'finishing' can mean many things. Depending on how fast you wanna run (you run at a 6min/km pace, currently) and whether you're fine with doing some walking during the event, it's certainly super possible.
Again, nobody's gonna think any less of a runner who needs to resort to walking for a few hundred meters or more. It's actually the inverse for me. Like, the last time i wasn't able to finish a half marathon was in ... 2014 ... and the people cheering me on, trying to motivate me "Come on, Fliesen! You can do it! Let's go Fliesen! Almost there!" were a bit annoying 😆 ... like, "I'M SORRY, MY LEG'S CRAMPING, GET OFF MY BACK, WELL-MEANING PERSON ALONG THE TRACK!"

When do signups close? Do you think you'll only be motivated to increase your training if you've already signed up? Otherwise i recommend you to wait a few weeks and sign up once you finish your first 10k training run.
While you don't need to do a full 21k before the race, it's definitely helpful (both physically and mentally) to at least have run for... 12-14k at least once before the race.
I'll echo Fliesen: You won't make a fool out of yourself. And if you need to walk that's alright: you are still going faster than everyone that stayed at home watching TV.

I'm at work now, so I'll try to expand upon this later, but I think with 12 weeks you could follow a half-marathon training plan designed for someone wanting to make a debut in the distance.
I appreciate the posts. I haven't signed up yet, the deadline is on April 30th I believe. The actual half-marathon is on May 3rd.

I don't know if I will be more or less motivated if I already sign up, but I think you're right that I should try finishing 10 km at least before then. I'm not really worried about time, I know I'm below average, just worried about getting to the end. I've gone over the route and it's all places I've been to while taking the bus or driving, it's weird seeing it laid out as an actual running route though haha.

Didn't know there was a running OT til now, so I'll definitely be popping in more often to lay out my progress.

Again, really appreciate the posts.

Oct 29, 2017
I appreciate the posts. I haven't signed up yet, the deadline is on April 30th I believe. The actual half-marathon is on May 3rd.

I don't know if I will be more or less motivated if I already sign up, but I think you're right that I should try finishing 10 km at least before then. I'm not really worried about time, I know I'm below average, just worried about getting to the end. I've gone over the route and it's all places I've been to while taking the bus or driving, it's weird seeing it laid out as an actual running route though haha.

Didn't know there was a running OT til now, so I'll definitely be popping in more often to lay out my progress.

Again, really appreciate the posts.

www.halhigdon.com

Novice 1 Half Marathon Training Program | Hal Higdon

Before starting to train for a half marathon, you need to possess a basic fitness level. But assuming no major problems, most healthy people can train themselves to complete a 13.1-mile race. This guide will tell you how. Much more information is contained in my book, Hal Higdon’s Half Marathon...

There's a good 12 week plan for you. If you're running 5K every other day, you'll be absolutely fine with the first week (if anything you'll maybe be more advanced than the first week).

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Well would you look at the time, it's new shoes o'clock! What are folks around here using for their daily runners atm? I've been running in the various models of Asics GT 2000's for about 5 years now but my latest pair don't seem to have held up for as long so I'm thinking about pastures new. Thinking about some Pegasus 36's maybe, but I'm injured right now anyway so I'll check out whatever is posted here for the next week or so.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
Well would you look at the time, it's new shoes o'clock! What are folks around here using for their daily runners atm? I've been running in the various models of Asics GT 2000's for about 5 years now but my latest pair don't seem to have held up for as long so I'm thinking about pastures new. Thinking about some Pegasus 36's maybe, but I'm injured right now anyway so I'll check out whatever is posted here for the next week or so.
I've been using 4 pairs recently - ultraboost 19s, Reebok floatride energy, solarboost and hovr infinite.
My favourite are the ultraboost but I got them on sale for £50 so they're also the second cheapest out of those 4. I enjoy the data capture on the hovr infinite though. Having Bluetooth in a shoe is nice.

Oct 29, 2017
Currently running in New Balance 1080v10's which I'm finding really nice. Also Nike Pegasus Turbo V1's for the faster days. I have a pair of Skechers GoRun Ride 8 Hyper's too but I'm wary of wearing them at the moment as I'm not sure if the change in drop caused my injury, and I don't want to antagonise anything.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
I've been using Reebok Floatride Energy which I got for around £30. They're pretty good for the price and seem to offer decent support.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
The GT-2000 are shoes made for someone with pronation, most of the others quoted below aren't, it's fine to look for others shoes but be careful about these kind of things unless you're using custom insoles made by a health professional.

Been using a few lately otherwise, Reebok Floatride Energy/Pegasus 35 for easy runs (out of the two I prefer the Reebok), Boston 7 / Pegasus Turbo 2 for long runs (I also have blisters problem with the Turbo, I supposed Nike shoes aren't wide enough at the forefoot), Tartherzeal 6 / Run Fast Pro for tracks workout and Vaporfly Next% for longer races.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I got my eyes on the Nike Infinity React

nike-react-infinity-run-shoes-release-date-6.jpg

The Epic React were the best running shoe i ever used - i bought 3 pairs over the course of a year.
The Epic React 2 were cut ever so slightly more narrowly that my feet actually hurt a bit after i got a bit of mileage in.

Cautiously optimistic about the Inifnity, which - aparrently - return to a slightly more wider fit.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
I alternate between Topo Athletics ST-2 and Saucony Kinvara for daily training (although both of them are perfectly fine for up to marathon distance races), and use either Vaporfly 4% or NEXT for races.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't run for nearly three weeks now, and it's killing me.

I got shingles, in the wonderful rare location of my upper thigh/groin. So now it has mostly gone, but have what feels like very sore chafing still.

Really hope I can start running again in the next week.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I forgot to post last week but I managed to run 10 Km. Did it again on Saturday. I think I'm making good progress. I'm hopeful I can make it to 15 km by the end of March. And then 20 by the end of April.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to post last week but I managed to run 10 Km. Did it again on Saturday. I think I'm making good progress. I'm hopeful I can make it to 15 km by the end of March. And then 20 by the end of April.
Great job!

I did my first 30+ K long run this weekend...

Felt good to know i can still go these distances - but i also realized i need to do way more training before the April marathon.

merzpup

Oct 11, 2019
hello 👋

I've started running again regularly and I'm feeling a slight annoyance on my left knee; some kind of pressure like if it were swollen or something. Only happens after I've run for a while and not every time I do it. I'm guess I need to improve my posture but I thought that maybe there is some kind of elastic band I could buy that'd ease the impact of stepping, like some kind of cushion.

I've tried to look for it online but honestly I'm not even sure what terms to google.