• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bqwqfal9fdc01uxp55.jpg

Premieres Thursday, 1/25 at 8PM on VH1

cast:
  • Aja
  • BenDeLaCreme
  • Chi Chi DeVayne
  • Kennedy Davenport
  • Milk
  • Morgan McMichaels
  • Shangela
  • Thorgy Thor
  • Trixie Mattel
  • Bebe Zahara Benet
Someone work up an OP because I cannot sew. I'll paste it in

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I am really excited for this. Don't know who I'm 100% rooting for yet, and that's good because last year I started rooting for Alaska, only to end up all over Katya. Now I'm starting in a more neutral ground and that feels different.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it. I only started watching the show last week and burned through season 4 so happy to be able to watch the new season live.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
To any of my UK-squirrel friends, this isn't on Netflix like regular Drag Race but on Comedy Central UK. Saturday at 10pm for new episodes.

(It does also look to be in the lineup at 2am at the start of the same day, so who knows, maybe it'll be available on demand then? I can't confirm this though atm)

discogs

Oct 28, 2017
London
In the UK - how might I be able to watch this? When I lived in piracy-anxiety-inducing Germany I used to stream Season 9 live via VH1 live at 2am on Thursdays. It was a bit bleak but those were desperate times...

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
In the UK - how might I be able to watch this? When I lived in piracy-anxiety-inducing Germany I used to stream Season 9 live via VH1 live at 2am on Thursdays. It was a bit bleak but those were desperate times...
Not being shady, but literally 2 posts above yours:

To any of my UK-squirrel friends, this isn't on Netflix like regular Drag Race but on Comedy Central UK. Saturday at 10pm for new episodes.

(It does also look to be in the lineup at 2am at the start of the same day, so who knows, maybe it'll be available on demand then? I can't confirm this though atm)

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no. :( I have to join Capitalist Ru's Content Cartel? :'(
If it makes you feel any better, they have AS1 and 2. I think I heard somewhere that The Switch(Chile Drag Race) and Drag Race Thailand are going to be available there as well. There is also a free month. I will probably unsubscribe as soon as AS3 is finished.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
great thread sis!

if you need any help with the graphics let me know - i can help at the weekend!

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This airing an hour after Monster Hunter World unlocks makes me a very conflicted fish. Super excited though, less than 12 hours!

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Trixie isn't obnoxiously obvious as the winner. It's easy to see why people say AS1&2 were rigged. And Ru has to eliminate the girls this time...right?

#teamben

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I don't have a strong preference for anyone except Trixie. After UNHHH it's clear she's a cut above most others. I'd be OK with Milk or Chi Chi winning too. The others aren't winner material IMO.

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
I like pretty much everyone here, but Kennedy is definitely my least favorite. I think my two favorites to win are Trixie and Shangela. And I really like both Milk and Chi Chi but I can't really see them doing better than everyone else here. But yeah like I said I like pretty much everyone here so I'm totally open to shifting around my thoughts after seeing some of the show.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If Chi Chi shows off all her talent she has a real chance to take it all in a fair game.
Girl has an amazing voice and can outdance any other contestant.

St. Alphonzo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not being shady, but literally 2 posts above yours:

You can also stream it via Comedy Central on http://www.nowtv.com/ (with a sub but there is a free trial).

That is unless you're opposed to giving Rupert Murdoch your money as I am in which case you'll have to find other ways...

If Chi Chi shows off all her talent she has a real chance to take it all in a fair game.
Girl has an amazing voice and can outdance any other contestant.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Creativity and risk taking. I like queens who push the envelope.
Right, I see that. He's the only 'alternative' queen on the season. Still, his looks are so often read as 'boy' that I think it's really hypocritical that they still don't allow drag kings or bio queens. Which, btw Dragula S3 is accepting.

cp2fhcqaqoa01.jpg

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Right, I see that. He's the only 'alternative' queen on the season. Still, his looks are so often read as 'boy' that I think it's really hypocritical that they still don't allow drag kings or bio queens. Which, btw Dragula S3 is accepting.
True, that's dumb. Milk definitely does not aim for female illusion as a general rule.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
#TeamTracyMartel

At least the winner isn't as obvious as AS1 and AS2 were. There are four equally qualified folks who could win this one.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not necessarily rooting for her, but I can NOT wait to see her in this. I love the choice

unless all the hints and leaks about her have been misdirection...then we'll see.
I didn't know that was a rumor, but I hope it's true. Like she is just there to fuck things up and is actually a judge who gets to see them at their worst.

Opening the competition to winners really changes things weirdly. Like, does that mean Sharon and Jinkx could compete again? Why wouldn't they save them for an AllWinners season that fans want?

Or....what if her place on AS3 comes with her forfeiting here S1 crown. Like she has to give it to Nina in exchange for a shot at AS3...
I don't know, these are all stupid ideas I know....
We'll see in a matter of hours.

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
I didn't know that was a rumor, but I hope it's true. Like she is just there to fuck things up and is actually a judge who gets to see them at their worst.

Opening the competition to winners really changes things weirdly. Like, does that mean Sharon and Jinkx could compete again? Why wouldn't they save them for an AllWinners season that fans want?

Or....what if her place on AS3 comes with her forfeiting here S1 crown. Like she has to give it to Nina in exchange for a shot at AS3...
I don't know, these are all stupid ideas I know....
We'll see in a matter of hours.

Well if it ends up being true it's an especially interesting choice because I was just listening to Ru's podcast episode with Jinkx the other day and they were talking about how they loved the idea of an all winner's season and would love to do it, but then do this.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenth queen
i really don't like the idea of a winner coming back, specially if it opens the floodgates of having winners in future seasons of all stars. project runway does this, and it's an absolute fuckshow. after having like three season of all stars where a previous winner participated (and then won the all star season) they now have half the cast from people who were in previous all star seasons returning for their SECOND all star season.
drag race has so many queens left and can fill like 3 more seasons of all stars at this point, no need to bring the winners back, a season of all winner queens is a way better idea

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, my favorite guilty pleasure show and just one of my favorite reality competition shows in general. Rooting for Shangela, Trixie, Kennedy, and Ben. Also really curious to see how the tenth queen will do.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Here for it
Hope the 10th queen remains unspoiled to me by the time I can watch it tomorrow after work

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I don't think Kennedy has more to show. She is quite polished but I feel like we have already seen the best of her during her season.

I'm Team Trixie <3

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
I forget what season of Drag Race I am on but Bianca won the previous season (6 maybe?)
Watching on UK Netflix with my girlfriend.

We want to be fully caught up before watching all stars because we like to not be spoiled on who is gonna be eliminated etc.

Does All Stars follow the same kind of format as Drag Race or is it a different type of competition?

OP
OP
Kirblar

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forget what season of Drag Race I am on but Bianca won the previous season (6 maybe?)
Watching on UK Netflix with my girlfriend.

We want to be fully caught up before watching all stars because we like to not be spoiled on who is gonna be eliminated etc.

Does All Stars follow the same kind of format as Drag Race or is it a different type of competition?
Different elimination format, same kind of competition otherwise.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Though Trixie's makeup has always bothered me visually, her personality is more fun than most of the others. I don't mind Milk or Thorgy, but their styles can sometimes not mesh with what the judges are looking for.

We shall see... Though not for awhile since the time slot hard to catch on PST.