• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Farrah Moan, you have an open invitation to return on the next All-Stars season!"
lol
tenor8zfg4.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Farrah didnt do anything interesting with the routine, Roxxy/Ben killed it last two seasons and she looked boring.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I think they had to include it cause it significantly affected her performance (and it hurt like a bitch), unlike something like a prop slipping from you or shoe/wig coming off.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
next week, there's going to be HENNY. super excited to see her.

I can't believe that didn't make the show. Latrice definitely had the best all-around reads though.
they probably thought the new fans won't know who mystique is :/
but then they had a read in AS2 when phiphi called detox venus d'lite

Last edited:

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Well I must say that I enjoyed the first episode more than I thought I would.
I'm so sorry for Jasmine. She is not at the same level as anyone in that cast. But she has the purest heart of them all. Even when she heard she got eliminated, she turned to Farah to comfort her. Yes she deserved to go home. She even didn't deserve to be on All Stars. But I would've liked to see her one more episode instead of that whiny Farah.
I gagged when both Monique and Trinity told Farah to stop whining in their 1on1 moments.
My favourites are Monique, Trinity, Manila and Latrice. Monique really warmed my heart. So honest, truthfull and lovely. She just needs to glue her wigs and lover her brown cow energy.

Regarding Valentina: I still can't love her. At least she speaks in her normal voice this time and is honest about her personality.

Last edited:

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Her short video on Instagram after the episode aired was very positive, so hopefully she's in a good spot.

As for Farrah's editing, the fall was obviously a huge factor in her placement and mental state so I had to be included. Producers are off the hook...this time.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In her EW.com interview Jasmine was in pure "happy to be invited" mode because she didn't expect the call and didn't seem to expect to be doing all that well. (which... kinda explains the no-prep standup)

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Jasmine's just really bad at Drag Race, which is fine. Roxxxy is a queen I think is sickening but we all know how AS2 went. Trixie even said she considers herself a bad DR contestant and she won a season.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
That was an ok episode. The reading challenge wasn't hilarious, and the talents weren't terribly exciting - but that's also a product of this being the 4th season. I like all the queens, I think Farrah will end up going next episode, but falling wasn't a big deal, her act wasn't the worst.

I think what I didn't get was the top two, which I thought were safe but not the best. I would probably nominate Manila and Gia as the best.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Monique, keep your fucking wig on, shit! I'm back and forth on Monique, I find her annoying but also her personality is infectious. I'm done with the brown cow stuff, I didn't see her performance as top 2, but maybe it made more of an impact in the room? I warmed to her in the deliberation because she kept it real with both Farah and Jasmine.

I felt sorry for Farah but even without the fall, she was bottom 2 for me. I don't see her as exuding sexiness or knowing herself well enough to be erotic in that particular way, so burlesque really isn't her thing. She's a cute kid, something more like Trinity's comedy thing would've suited her more I think, like a Shangri-La's style 'crying in my mascara' make-up tutorial/song or something I don't know. Gia was definately top 2 to me with Latrice and Manilla behind her and Trinity.

Monet was lucky Jasmine was so crappy. Besides the bomb lines recycled and mangled from her years old youtube videos, I don't see how she looked in the mirror and thought 'yep, this is the wig and outfit to go with', Monique even told her in the most non-hostile but straight-forward way possible that winging it wasn't a good idea.

Dec 4, 2017
London

can't wait to find out the "THRUTH"

You can get a cream for that.

Pretty mediocre episode, I thought. Having said that I recently rewatched AS3 and the first episode of that wasn't great either. Jasmine was definitely the right choice to go, but the vast majority of them were pretty dull, I thought. The other queen in the bottom two could literally have been any of them other than Monique and I don't think I would have batted that much of an eyelid.

Am I the only one quite enjoying Gia coming back being super-cunty?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't she pretty bitchy first time round though?
she was, but i remember her bitchiness having a playful vibe in season 6. maybe i'm remembering her season incorrectly tho, it's been a LONG time since i've watched it.
in this episode she and her comments just came off as mean. we'll see how she is in the second episode, maybe it's the editors who just put every mean thing she said in the premiere to establish her character like that for the whole season.

Dec 4, 2017
London
she was, but i remember her bitchiness having a playful vibe in season 6. maybe i'm remembering her season incorrectly tho, it's been a LONG time since i've watched it.
in this episode she and her comments just came off as mean. we'll see how she is in the second episode, maybe it's the editors who just put every mean thing she said in the premiere to establish her character like that for the whole season.

Ha, interesting. I didn't like her at all in her season and I thought she was just nasty and conceited. She seem's more self-aware this time with it, which makes me like her more. But maybe that's exactly the inauthenticity you're picking up on!

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is all up to the editors. All it takes is one "shade" noise and a queen looking the other way and you can paint anyone as shady or bitchy.
true, they've got hours and hours of footage and reality shows are really made in the editing room, they can create entire made-up narratives by just putting certain footage after each other. i really like gia tho, and after her performance in the talent show i think she's gotten super polished and she's there to seriously compete, i hope we don't get an entire season of her being a villain and fighting with everyone.

Ha, interesting. I didn't like her at all in her season and I thought she was just nasty and conceited. She seem's more self-aware this time with it, which makes me like her more. But maybe that's exactly the inauthenticity you're picking up on!
lol, maybe you're right and it's me who's remembering her time on the show wrongly.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gia using "HAUT COUTURE" vs "HOT GLUE" is a rip off of a previous read challenge, which plays into the tryhard shade viewpoint.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Gia being a bitch is great. Modern drag race has a severe lack of love-to-hate characters.
She's cunty and fun.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Here!

It was an okay episode. Bringing Jasmine back was mistake and a waste of a spot. Did everyone else turn the invite down? Glad she's gone.

While I feel bad for Farrah falling, her performance pre-fall was terrible and she's just as annoying as she was on her season.

Here for cutthroat Gia. Burn the pageantry attitude.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Burn the pageantry attitude? Don't get that comment since Gia is all about nothing but fishiness at least in her TV persona.

The thing that annoyed me about Gia back in S6 was her constant "you're all dudes" backhandedness, but back then it didn't seem as harsh as she's being now. At the same time, it completely writes off any aspects of drag that bring in camp, comedy, performance beyond just "looking like a woman".

She's just really coming across as just plain mean to me this time around in the show. In the behind the scenes from the day before filming though she seemed fairly even keel though, so not sure if it's her or if it's the edit, though given her tone when she's saying these things in what we've seen I think it's likely her.

I'm not really invested in any of the queens this season since none are really in my top 10 lists. I mean, who doesn't love Latrice or Manila, but I'm not really invested in whether they win or not though.

I'm tired of girls taking their wigs off - particularly when they didn't paint to account for it. It's not cute.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
michelle's hair tho. apparently jasmine had planned interact with the audience in her act, but was told she couldn't. that's why she chose the bad breath and ass-eating bit last minute.

Last edited:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Watching the variety show again I really enjoyed Valentina's - that was some mid-00s Eurovision shit, I was entertained. Don't get how Naomi was top 3, it felt like Milk 2.0 without the velcro.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I don't like about drag race is figuring out what to do in the week in between episodes.

If it wasn't so hard to avoid spoilers 'd wait and binge it all in one go.
Also, Jasmine seemed pretty okay with being the first one in that video.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I think Gia isn't great at reading, so it comes off as insulting. But it's fun, she's not causing dreadful arguments and shouting like The Vixen, she's just being bitchy - which is what Drag Queens tend to do. It would be better if she was funny while doing so, like Bianca or Willam, but I still like a queen with some spice.

Last edited:

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
Gia being a bitch is great. Modern drag race has a severe lack of love-to-hate characters.
She's cunty and fun.

Yes, it was sorely missed, and I don't think it has crossed the line into rudeness.

And I think Latrice and Gia should have been top 2.

Also I don't get the meh reactions from Valentina, isn't that her own song? Apparently is all it took for Monique to get top 2, while making us hate Brown Cow from overuse.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I recently saw Monique and Monet on a roast battle tour and they were both hilarious and very likeable, so because of that I'm rooting for those two (and Manila, obvi), but I don't think Monet stands much of a chance of getting far.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think Gia isn't great at reading, so it comes off as insulting. But it's fun, she's not causing dreadful arguments and shouting like The Vixen, she's just being bitchy - which is what Drag Queens tend to do. It would be better if she was funny while doing so, like Bianca or Willam, but I still like a queen with some spice.

Saying Gia isn't great at reading is like saying Serena ChaCha wasn't great at making costumes.

She downright sucks.

I don't mind the show having some queens causing drama, but even though Vixen made everything way out of proportion in the end, she did introduced some much needed discussion about race, specially on the beef with Aquaria, which by the way, seemed much more genuine than anything Gia has done so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.