• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of S9, the final lip sync has always been a formality.

To me it's the opposite. There would have been severe backlash from a Trinity solo win from parts of the base online. They clearly did not actually plan on doing a double win when they filmed it (they've filmed it for prior seasons before) and this was an audible.

Might as well have a rock paper scissors match instead if Ru is just gonna make it a tie for the crown.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with that. I was #teamMonet on Season 10 until she got robbed and I was okay with Trinity winning. This was definitely set up as a Manila win all the way until that elimination and this was their way of saving face to avoid another blond, white winner in the hall of fame.

Honestly... The hall of fame right now should really be Raven, Katya, Shangela, and Manila but shrugemoji.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with that. I was #teamMonet on Season 10 until she got robbed and I was okay with Trinity winning. This was definitely set up as a Manila win all the way until that elimination and this was their way of saving face to avoid another blond, white winner in the hall of fame.

Honestly... The hall of fame right now should really be Raven, Katya, Shangela, and Manila but shrugemoji.

More like Yara, Alaska, Shangela & Manila. Wow the diversity!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a mess to say the least, and now season 11 can't get here soon enough. It really did feel like Manila was set up to win the season...but then her elimination happened, and all of this just feels like a last minute scramble. I have no real hopes for AS5 after these last two seasons.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Eh Trinity still won so I will take it. Monet did not deserve tho, love her but TOP 4 at best.

The ideal cenario would be a Trinity and Manila tie, or at least Trinity win and Manila runner up, but eh who cares Manila still won the audience and thats what really matters after the finale ends.

Valentina deserved better tho.... my fave.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Well I didn't expect the RPDG producers to be using my random posts as finale fodder. But I can't really be anything but happy for my two favorites in the final four both getting 100k. Better than the negative twists from AS3.

Sounds like if we want good drama DR Thailand is where it's at right now.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
So that's two robbed queens this season.
Uh, which two?

Manila!!

Manila <3

Raven, Katya, Ben (duh!), Manila!

It's okay because Shea will win AS5.
Ahaha.

Ahahahah.

Ahahahhahahahah.

FML

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks for the laugh.

Valentina deserved better tho.... my fave.
Who?

Sounds like if we want good drama DR Thailand is where it's at right now.
I'm an episode behind.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
For me, the season that All Stars jumped the shark was season 3, but this season sealed it.

I love the queens. The queens are the heart and soul of any Drag Race show. But this format just isn't doesn't work, at least for me. I want to see the queens have fun, and be their hilarious and naturally memeable selves...but I also want to see them compete in a way that makes sense and has stakes. Ru is trying to have her cake and eat it too by promoting the All Stars format as a competition between the "Best of the Best"...but with results that are almost completely randomized...while also pulling every television trick in the book to craft an everyone's-happy ending.

I dunno. I'm in this place where I'm waiting with baited breath for season 11 to start...while barely having the desire to even set my DVR for All Stars.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The current AS format just does not work.

Put in a LCK style lip sync thing and have that person compete in every challenge anyway and it might.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
the fan favorite, your latina diva with a heart
tumblr_oqbcpsuysh1rosb88o1_640.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cool with the double crowning.
Trinity deserved it the most, but I really like both her and Monet so I can't really sit here and complain.

At the very least it'll shut up all the dumb, whiny fucks who are like "WaAaAh! wHy aRe AlL tHE aLl stArS wINnERz W H I T E Ru!? rUpAuL!?!"

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was a final episode.

I'm relieved that Monique (who should be kept far away from any/all TV cameras always) didn't win but Monet is not All Star material whatsoever. They've really fucked up All Stars and it should be scrapped for a few years. I thought Shangela being robbed was the last straw but this season was absurd. I'd be so pissed if I were Trinity and had to share the crown with such a mediocre dud. I could've lived with a mea culpa tie of Naomi and Trinity but this is just laughable. Mess.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
She was on AS4?

jk

She was underwhelming this time around, as everyone else outshined her.
eh opinions

for me she was THE best and most entertaining queen to watch with her full on delusion fantasy story, and thinking Jasmine Farrah Gia or Latrice outshined her is delusion lol

She underperformed obviously but far from underwhelming

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Eww, that was disgusting, Monet as a Winner? Seriously! I think it's time for me to stop watching Drag Race, this is just some stupid bs and i'm not here for it.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Bitch why we in All stars 4 and they still at least edit it like every time a queen does a split the judges are like OMFG! Like.. we know queens can do that... stop acting surprised (or editing it like they are lmao).

Anyway the ending was a bit of a whimper. Not really a gag. I preferred Monet's lip sync cuz she was singing the ad libs; but then she's so stiff When she's just walking around (though she did a split and shit). Trinity was just doing moves we've seen her do before.

Bring on S11!

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
eh opinions

for me she was THE best and most entertaining queen to watch with her full on delusion fantasy story, and thinking Jasmine Farrah Gia or Latrice outshined her is delusion lol

She underperformed obviously but far from underwhelming
What are comas?

Under performed is an understatement.

I remember Jasmine leaving first.
I remember Farrah falling down.
I remember Gia's, "Well, what you want to do, isn't necessarily what you're going to do."
I remember Latrice being brought back and kicked out.

Valentina was . . . there?

The entirety of AS in a nutshell.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Haha the obviousness that they didn't prepare for that at all with the blatant voiceover and editing together the two winning options.

I've enjoyed watching the queens but All Star rules should stay suspended, permanently.

Deleted member 50454

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Really there should not have been an All Stars so soon after the last one, but it seems to be the trajectory of American TV shows when they become popular to hyper-accelerate production to get the most coins then the show dies of over-exposure.

Capitalism fucked up drag.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
That was incredibly underwhelming. To be honest, only Manila could have won for it to feel right. Out of the four Monique was my favourite, and you know something went bad when 2 queens win and you're not excited for either of them.

Edit: I think my favourite parts of this finale were Alaska's umbrella and Alaska's missing tooth.

Last edited:

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
mess of a season:
- Manila should've won
- Lattrice getting the win for the Club thing when it was clearly Manila's work is wrong
- Trinity was the clear winner after Manila got eliminated

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That was incredibly underwhelming. To be honest, only Manila could have won for it to feel right. Out of the four Monique was my favourite, and you know something went bad when 2 queens win and you're not excited for either of them.

Edit: I think my favourite parts of this finale were Alaska's umbrella and Alaska's missing tooth.

Yup. Tracy looked great too, specially at the band bit.

Dec 4, 2017
London
....aaaaand the 'Hall of Fame' becomes even more meaningless. What a crock that was.

For me top two out of those four should have been Monique and Naomi.

But put that aside and Monet clearly delivered the better lip-sync.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i just watched the episode and this was clearly not planed. ru announcing the double winner thing was rerecorded and everything felt cut together.

edit: i guess they always film a fake crowning?

Last edited:

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
i just watched the episode and this was clearly not planed. ru announcing the double winner thing was rerecorded and everything felt cut together.

edit: i guess they always film a fake crowning?

From my understanding they film crownings for the top 2-4 and they find out if they win the night the episode airs along with everyone else.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Uff, that was an exhausting finale.
I did not expect a double win.

I really loved Monique this season. But I feel like it was too soon for her. She needs to grow a little more and work with professionals, earn more money (for even better outfits) and getting used to be pro.
Her super queen and finale outfit didn't look like the same level as the others.
It broke my heart but compared to the others she didn't deserve to be top2.

Naomi was awesome this season. She showed that she can be high fashion and hilarious at the same time. The only problem with her was, that she was quite forgettable most of the time. But her performance in the finale, especially her looks were really strong. Top4 was her spot, top2 wasn't.

Monet is very likeable and has a good sense of humor. If Monique did a little bit better, I wouldn't have been ok with her being top2. But her opening in the music video was very strong. Since she is a lipsynch assassin, I was really worried about Trinity. My dream top2 (after Manila's elimination) was Monique and Trinity. When Monique didn't make top2, I was clearly rooting for Trinity.

I liked Trinity back in Season 9 and after seeing her live and watching her strong competition this season, I really thought she deserved the crown. She is such a pro. Perfect to the last details. Her looks this season were winner material. But in that final lipsynch she cared too much about giving a high energy cut throat performance, that she didn't realize Money was having fun with it and making the judges laugh. She took a risk and tried to do a cartwheels, but failed. It didn't look cute and made it really hard to justify her win.

I'm really not sure if it was the feared backlash from the fanbase or simply the dilemma, that Trinity clearly deserved a win but Monet actually won the Lipsynch.
So, Trinity won the season and Monet won the final lipsynch. With a dilemma like this, I am happy they decided to crown them both. It would have been unfair to the other finalist, if only one of them won.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Right before they started the lip-sync I legitimately expected it would be a double win, so I wasn't surprised. The finale had a conspicuous lack of twists and I could feel it coming, especially with the controversy regarding the all-white AS hall of fame. It was pretty badly edited though, lol, and their reactions really didn't match what was going on.

It's usually a formality, but by the lip-sync alone Monet did win. After seeing Trinity performing so much this season it became obvious she usually does the same thing regardless of the song. Still love her, and Monet too.

I'm not mad about anything because I don't take this seriously, but they really need to re-do All Stars from the ground-up and come up with a different system.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I do really hope that the All-Stars rules being suspended indefinitely, means that when they inevitably do AS5 it'll be for their life, not legacy.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
While I think Monila's early exit contributed to some shenanigans behind the scenes that resulted in the double win, I also think that there was one big hint to why they felt comfortable crowning them both. Trixie joked that they would judge the finalists. I think that in the future that might be the case (or at least for the next season). Five HOF queens gives a tie-breaking panel. Overall, I am glad to see Monet win. She deserved this. She improved so much from her season and so quickly. I think that Trinity deserved it for her professionalism, but I don't think that she honestly NEEDED the win like Monet did. Monet will flourish now that she has the crown and the money. I don't think that much will change for Trinity.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Sasha won that lip sync hands down, I don't know what you watched.

I'm not arguing that Sasha did not win the lipsync...I'm saying that Sasha won the lipsync, but I would argue that Shea won the season (a la Trinity with winning the most challenges but IMO losing the lipsync).

If Ru is going to have them lipsync for their life, then have the one who had the best lipsync actually win the competition.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Monét is getting so much shit on social media.
People are trash.

Also, Monét legit won the last episode. She did the best in the challenge AND in the lipsync.
So in the end, both her and Trinity had four Top2.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Ending felt like a weird fan edit, no genuine reactions, weird dub from Rupaul

Happy for Monet and Trinity
I do think Monet had the biggest improvement from her season out of the Final four

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not arguing that Sasha did not win the lipsync...I'm saying that Sasha won the lipsync, but I would argue that Shea won the season (a la Trinity with winning the most challenges but IMO losing the lipsync).

If Ru is going to have them lipsync for their life, then have the one who had the best lipsync actually win the competition.
But that's never been the format for a season that ends without a lip sync tournament. Every regular season pre-S9 and every all-stars season they lip sync'd at the very end and it meant jack.

Like, did you only start watching the show with VH1?

Status
Not open for further replies.