• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Someone is claiming calls are being made to cast AS5 contestants:

Shea, Cracker, Kameron, Asia, Blair, Eureka, Kim, Laganja and one S11 girl:

Plastique

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Drag Race Season 11 |OT| What You Wanna Do Isn't Necessarily What You're Gonna Do

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
In a twist they didn't even film at the finale, Shangela will be crowned winner of S11. Unaired footage from S2 and S3 will be used to edit it together.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I find Aquaria a bit boring to watch though, and there's no humour between the two (that lands at least), so Raja's look efforts don't really make it up for me unfortunately.

I think Aquaria is just too politically correct and doesn't master the art of throwing funny, fine and subtle shade. The kind of shade that may sound or seem real or mean but at the end of the day is all in good fun and isn't meant to harm or upset anyone. Older queens are pros at that, she's probably too young, she's all "yass, we all sisters and we support each other" and it makes it boring to watch. she rarely boots anything.

While I think she's deserved the crown more than Sasha or Bob before her, I will agree there are better options to side with Raja in those Ruview videos.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Someone is claiming calls are being made to cast AS5 contestants:

Shea, Cracker, Kameron, Asia, Blair, Eureka, Kim, Laganja and one S11 girl:

Plastique

Too many season 10 bitches. Plus if you're gonna bring back season 10 at least
call The Vixen. Also I feel like Laganja would never come back? Also a season 11 bitch already? Jeez, then again Monique and Monet came back right away.

Oct 27, 2017
Too many season 10 bitches. Plus if you're gonna bring back season 10 at least
call The Vixen. Also I feel like Laganja would never come back? Also a season 11 bitch already? Jeez, then again Monique and Monet came back right away.

Honestly, sis, If there's one queen I never want to see again it's the fuckin' Vixen. lol
She's proven herself to be a bit of a jerk over the past year or so (See: the "I remind of her of her ex (the late Sahara Davenport) so she's obsessed" messiness with Manila), and she makes for dreadful TV imo.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, sis, If there's one queen I never want to see again it's the fuckin' Vixen. lol
She's proven herself to be a bit of a jerk over the past year or so (See: the "I remind of her of her ex (the late Sahara Davenport) so she's obsessed" messiness with Manila), and she makes for dreadful TV imo.

Okay so the Sahara shit is a MESS but the good sis brought up some good points about race and tbh I believe everything she said about Eureka not leaving her alone. She's kinda hypocritical but I think she would do fine as long as Eureka isn't there.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
The Vixen was right about as much as a broken clock.

I hate to say that, because SOMEBODY needed to finally bring up the huge race issue within the Drag Race fandom (because Lord knows Ru isn't). But The Vixen's attitude was just uncalled for a lot of the times, and frankly nasty. Bringing up Sahara Davenport like she did just to score a point in a petty argument is the type of shit that would have gotten you punched out if you said that to somebody in person. Just, ugh, I wrote her off completely after that.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Shea comes back we'll probably get reunion Shea which I'm all for. She was so entertaining calling the other queens on their bullshit.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
S11 seems like it'll be fun; I'll be glad to return to the main seasons' formula. That AS season was watchable but also it's like the third AS season in a row where the formula kinda destroyed the natural arc of the show (Roxxy being dragged along, Bendela quitting, Shangela getting robbed, Manila getting cut) and that funky editing together of a finale was just embarrassing. Let queens be queens and judges be judges. It's not even fun listening to them chat on the couch about why they should stay anyway.

Excited for Miss Vanjie to return, with her Eminem-ass voice.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
S11 seems like it'll be fun; I'll be glad to return to the main seasons' formula. That AS season was watchable but also it's like the third AS season in a row where the formula kinda destroyed the natural arc of the show (Roxxy being dragged along, Bendela quitting, Shangela getting robbed, Manila getting cut) and that funky editing together of a finale was just embarrassing. Let queens be queens and judges be judges. It's not even fun listening to them chat on the couch about why they should stay anyway.

Excited for Miss Vanjie to return, with her Eminem-ass voice.

Idk what you're talking about, Milk's speech about the judges wanting her to stay with DelaChrist nodding along was amazing.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, isn't it a totally different version of the song compared to the recorded track?

The only released version of the song prior to the finale version was the runway mix as far as I know.

The version in the finale was abysmal, but it's not like it was amazing to begin with.

At least Kitty Girl was upbeat, this just plodded along.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Okay so this is probs a dumb question but what's the timeline for a runway to lip sync? I ask cuz ru always says prior to this you were asked to prepare to lip sync to this song. So is it theoretically every girl that should prepare? Do they have like a day to do it (ie the night before the runway)? Valentina ain't know her words cuz she probably didn't think she'd be on the bottom, so is it just a case of how you think you performed and it's up to each individual to decide if they oughta learn the lyrics?

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Okay so this is probs a dumb question but what's the timeline for a runway to lip sync? I ask cuz ru always says prior to this you were asked to prepare to lip sync to this song. So is it theoretically every girl that should prepare? Do they have like a day to do it (ie the night before the runway)? Valentina ain't know her words cuz she probably didn't think she'd be on the bottom, so is it just a case of how you think you performed and it's up to each individual to decide if they oughta learn the lyrics?
If you ever watched the Untucked episodes that were after the interior Illusions Lounge and whatnot (S7?), they sometimes showed some of the girls learning the lyrics with an old iPod touch.

I think it depends if you think you're in the bottom or not.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I'm pretty sure they're told the day before elimination what the lip sync song is and they've that night to practice it. They also have time between deliberation to practice it too.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

As far as I know they get sent a list of songs to prepare and they find out which one is the lip sync on the day before the filming of each episode.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I know it more than likely won't happen, but it would be nice if they considered bringing in contestants from the UK version into All Stars as well at some point in the future.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Wow, so apparently Courtney topped the leader board on the first episode of Dancing With The Stars.

If she snatches the DWTS crown after snatching the Big Brother crown I. Will. Gag.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Have they said if the UK version is going to be on TV at some point yet? I assume they'll stick it on BBC2 at some point in the graveyard shift or something.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Have they said if the UK version is going to be on TV at some point yet? I assume they'll stick it on BBC2 at some point in the graveyard shift or something.

They've said it's going on BBC3 :(

(unless you mean after it has been on BBC3? In which case, I have no idea)

Can't imagine it will get many viewers on there. Would have been great on channel 4.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The only released version of the song prior to the finale version was the runway mix as far as I know.

The version in the finale was abysmal, but it's not like it was amazing to begin with.

At least Kitty Girl was upbeat, this just plodded along.

Ah, gotcha. So what we heard in the finale is supposed to be the actual cadence of the original track? Lmao. Runway remix is the way to go.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone wanna do the 11 OT? If not I'll probably start working on one for it today.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.