• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyzz

Dec 12, 2018
What's bugging me a little is how, obviously on purpose, Ru picks the winner of the lip sinc based on how conflicted that queen is with her choice.

Manila was never going to win when she already said she'd save Latrice, and I don't think (was it Trinity) would be the winner when she already said she'd pick Gia, simply because it doesn't make good tv.

Yeah I think its the opposite. I think the taping happens, and Ru picks a winner, then the editors use that information knowing who loses the lip sync in order to create a storyline that they know won't come to fruition. This way the viewer can watch knowing that "OMG IF MANILA WINS SHE'S GONNA KEEP LATRICE", but meanwhile they know full well that isn't going to happen and they don't give any major clues to what the winner is going to do. It's possible they taped a scene with Monique saying she decided to send Latrice home if she wins, but they just don't air that scene.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
81FOd2O.png

Manila's original Runway look (that Ru thought was in bad taste) is amazing.
THIS is how you do drag girls.

There's so much to unpack about this of all things being rejected but we already know Ru is horribly out of touch and Drag Race has very much so scrubbed away the grittiness and subversive attitude that laid the groundwork for this art form smh

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I have thoughts on the most recent episode:

- I feel like Latrice did herself a major disservice this time around. Entitlement like that is never a good look, and she'd been coasting by since the very first episode.

-Valentina's outburst during the deliberations was weird, selfish, and out of place, and I'm glad Monique shot her down.

-I'm still ambivalent about Trinity. I think her performance in the Snatch Game was far better than the trainwreck I expected, she turns out killer looks on the runway, and I find myself agreeing with most of the conclusions she draws in her confessionals, if not the tone. She just feels so...manufactured to me I guess. And her performance this challenge was weak.

-I love Manila, and she remains my favorite to win (though Monique and Naomi are climbing in my esteem), but she's been making me want to pull my hair out with the way she's handled the responsibility of potentially eliminating her competitors(though she made the right decision in getting rid of Gia, there never should have been a moment of doubt). I found her crying over Latrice more tiring than sad.

-Seriously Monique, stop with the brown cow thing already. It's long overstayed its welcome.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monique has Vitiligo, right? The lack of a talking head letting her explain the connection is kinda shady from the producers.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Going all in on the Brown Cow thing + her change in makeup where she's using a lot of white in the center of her face.

Shouldn't it be the other way around, that she'd use foundation of her skin tone to mask it? I mean, I've seen people with vitiligo wear makeup and it's the other way around. I don't think the brown cow thing is related to her condition as well, I mean, she wasn't thinking of vitiligo when she wore the giraffe print in S10.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Shouldn't it be the other way around, that she'd use foundation of her skin tone to mask it? I mean, I've seen people with vitiligo wear makeup and it's the other way around. I don't think the brown cow thing is related to her condition as well, I mean, she wasn't thinking of vitiligo when she wore the giraffe print in S10.
It's probably why she went all in on it though, own the condition instead of covering it up.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
There's so much to unpack about this of all things being rejected but we already know Ru is horribly out of touch and Drag Race has very much so scrubbed away the grittiness and subversive attitude that laid the groundwork for this art form smh
My theory is RuPaul vetoed Manila's original look was because they wouldn't be able to do their little runway puns without ruffling some feathers.

This doesn't seem salacious. My guess is VH1's Standards and Practices team either straight up didn't approve it or there's a risk they wouldn't have approved it.

That's the price of getting more exposure, darlings.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
too soon for AS5 cast wishlist? i think not

- ongina
- sonique
- mariah
- willam
- ivy winters
- laganja estranja
- max, or pearl but she probably burned that bridge
- cynthia lee fontaine kimchi
- shea coulee
- kameron michaels or miz cracker or the vixen

10 queens, one from each season. just please no winners, no returning all star queen, and no season 11 queen.

Last edited:

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
too soon for AS5 cast wishlist? i think not

- ongina
- sonique
- mariah
- willam
- ivy winters
- laganja estranja
- max
- cynthia lee fontaine kimchi
- shea coulee
- kameron michaels or miz cracker or the vixen

10 queens, one from each season. just please no returning all star queen, and no season 11 queen.

You will never see Willam back on Drag Race. And I doubt Max and Laganja are willing to come back either.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You will never see Willam back on Drag Race. And I doubt Max and Laganja are willing to come back either.
willam will do it if they ask him, and they may realize they've gone through pretty much all the actual stars in 4 seasons so they need someone big and controversial. i can see it happening.

what's not to get? she's gorgeous, super talented, does everything, makes her own clothes, does circus shit, pickles stuff, etc.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering Max is still complaining about her elimination edit, I doubt she'll be up for returning.
guys. these queens will all return if they're asked to. even the one's who swear they won't, even the ones who have cursed out ru and the producers and world of wonder and everyone else. the power is in the hands of the producers, whoever they pick will say yes. this is literally the biggest opportunity the queens can get in their careers, they're not gonna say no.
except for maybe one or two queens, but max or willam aren't one of them. i think courtney will say no, for example.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THIS is how you do drag girls.

Ok THAT is fucking amazing.

And how gross for that to have been censored. So much for those punk roots, eh Ru?

This season is... fine.

-I'm loving seeing Naomi again who I thought was quite funny in the Judge Jersey challenge.
-I liked Monique on her season but now I find her to be grating, flat, insincere, overly self conscious and irritating in literally every possible way. Please go home and retire from drag.
-Monet is fine? I kind of liked her Kim K look but she's always running at like 75 or 80% for me. I just want to see her tighter, sharper and more conceptual.
-Manila is also fine. She's not as funny as she thinks she is and there's something slightly cringe-y for me about her sense of humor. If she would (or was even allowed to) do edgier work she might really fly.
-Trinity is fun despite the horror show plastic surgery and I'm wowed by her looks regularly. She's also not as funny as she thinks she is although I enjoyed her Caitlin Jenner.
-Latrice was kind of just there this season. Although I love seeing how polished her looks have become. As lots have stated here, she's resting on reputation for AS4 and that's not that fun to watch. I hope she comes back this season full blast.
-Valentina is far and away my favorite and my hope to win. I think she's playing an overheated character in and out of drag-- a telenovela meta-performance at all times and I am here for it. She's almost like the glam Latinx cousin of Tammie Brown if Tammie Brown had not yet done psychedelics. That said, her comedy still needs a lot of work.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The producers will ask Eureka to come back for a third time before asking for Willam, Max or Pearl.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
guys. these queens will all return if they're asked to. even the one's who swear they won't, even the ones who have cursed out ru and the producers and world of wonder and everyone else. the power is in the hands of the producers, whoever they pick will say yes. this is literally the biggest opportunity the queens can get in their careers, they're not gonna say no.
except for maybe one or two queens, but max or willam aren't one of them. i think courtney will say no, for example.
Nevermind, Max tweeted this year she would be up for returning. I only remembered her tweet saying she wouldn't want to return to a place where she can't trust people.

Laganja, however, has made it clear she's never returning to Drag Race as a competitor. She's also scaling back from drag apparently.

The producers will ask Eureka to come back for a third time before asking for Willam, Max or Pearl.
And she'll make Top 4 again!

latex

Jul 5, 2018
w/r/t Monique's extreme highlight this time around I've read a few times she does it that way to actually highlight her vitiligo rather than trying to cover it up. She wants to display her melanin plus her condition.

Could it be better executed? Definitely, but it's a very nice message.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
w/r/t Monique's extreme highlight this time around I've read a few times she does it that way to actually highlight her vitiligo rather than trying to cover it up. She wants to display her melanin plus her condition.

I was trying to say that they need to allow her to make that message explicit, because Kim Chi and Trixie were clueless as to why she was doing it.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Where did she say her makeup is like that because of her vitiligo? I'm missing something here.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Cecily Strong is the guest judge? Yes please. I've always maintained that her and Manila (in drag) looked like sisters.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think that period inspired dress being vetoed is threadworthy. I'll create the thread when I get home.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Dragula S3 starts as soon as RPDR S11 is over.

I just finished watching season 1 for the first time, and it is super refreshing to see that type of drag after seasons and seasons of RPDR. It puts it in perspective how sanitized RPDR has become, specially after Manila's dress ban debacle. The looks Vander Von Odd brought were spectacular, and pure art.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished watching season 1 for the first time, and it is super refreshing to see that type of drag after seasons and seasons of RPDR. It puts it in perspective how sanitized RPDR has become, specially after Manila's dress ban debacle. The looks Vander Von Odd brought were spectacular, and pure art.

Season 2 is even better, watch that one as soon as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.