• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished watching season 1 for the first time, and it is super refreshing to see that type of drag after seasons and seasons of RPDR. It puts it in perspective how sanitized RPDR has become, specially after Manila's dress ban debacle. The looks Vander Von Odd brought were spectacular, and pure art.

Season 2 is even better, watch that one as soon as you can.

Yeah, Season 2 is waaaaay better than the first one.
Also can't wait to see Season 3, it seems their budget will be upped again.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Happy that Monet and Manila were the top 2 but Monique in the bottom is just so wrong :(
The other queens deserve their placements.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the format of the next episode will be
2 separate Lip Sync tournaments. One with the eliminated queens, one with the bottom 4 from the Roast. The current queens probably go first, leaving a bottom 2 LSFYLthat the returnee must eliminate 1 queen from when they return.

Oct 27, 2017
Yvette Nichole Brown, and Lady Bunny in the same episode? Yes, ma'am!!

Like...I know that Val, Trinity and Naomi deserved their placements...but I didn't want to see any of the bottom 4 queens go, they're all really great. So I'm honestly really happy with the first part of this twist.
But I don't know how to feel about the second part of it. Like...I didn't want to see them bitches come back and I especially didn't want to see Gia's messy ass return lol. But hey, it looks like it's gonna make for some good reality TV so, you know, bring it on, gurl.

My favorites on the runway this week were Trinity's valkeryie showgirl realness, Val's rope gown, and (of course) Naomi's (motherfuckin') Prince homage.

Last edited:

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Valentinas gown could have been stunning but looked like it fitted horribly to me

excited for the twist, when does the sneak peak come out?

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Monique didn't deserve the bottom. I wish Valentina would go home, but she's popular so she will stay until the end no matter how much she fucks up. Manila is the stand-out queen of this season, much like Ben Dela was, hope she wins, because so far she more than deserves it.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Happy Manila didn't let the other girls get to her and smashed again. She's been doing great, and hope she continues to do well.

Didn't mind the twist, because I don't think it would be fair to any of the girls to go home today haha

Dec 4, 2017
London
Meh. That twist was super-lame. We all knew that the eliminated queens would be back at some point.

Monique shouldn't have been in the bottom, no matter how irrelevant being there turned out to be.

Monet clearly won the lip-sync and it bothers me more and more how the 'results' are massaged for the sake of some pre-planned over-riding narrative. I miss the days when arguments and shade were genuine arguments and shade.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
monique is so fucking irritating to me. every episode she's just grating as fuck

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
It's not region-locked. They'll tell you to login with your cable account, but you can request a 24-hour free pass with just an email and watch it live with subtitles.
It is region locked. For example, I'm in Belgium and I can't watch it on VH1. Even tried logging in with my sister's (who lives in the US) cable account.

I think the format of the next episode will be
2 separate Lip Sync tournaments. One with the eliminated queens, one with the bottom 4 from the Roast. The current queens probably go first, leaving a bottom 2 LSFYL that the returnee must eliminate 1 queen from when they return.
This is what I think too, just based on past shows. I am really not looking forward to any of the eliminated queens coming back. I hope either Trinity or Valentina get the chop, but I'm sure neither of them will.

Meh. That twist was super-lame. We all knew that the eliminated queens would be back at some point.

Monique shouldn't have been in the bottom, no matter how irrelevant being there turned out to be.

Monet clearly won the lip-sync and it bothers me more and more how the 'results' are massaged for the sake of some pre-planned over-riding narrative. I miss the days when arguments and shade were genuine arguments and shade.
HARD AGREE. Monet was so much better than Manila. It's getting tiresome that they keep handing the wins for the sake of the narrative. Monet deserved 10k all to herself.

Honestly, going into this I was rooting for Manila, but she's become really boring for me. I really want Monique or Monet to win, but I'm sure if Latrice comes back it will be either her or Manila that wins. Gotta please the fans.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- manilla is way too emotional over latrice going home.
- it was nice to finally see a ru workroom visit this season.
- cecily's notes to the queens were so good and on point. her time was monique was super awkward tho, it was like monique didn't know why she's there.
- so lady bunny doesn't do the show all these years but when she finally does, she's a corpse? that's kinda amazing.
- stacey lane matthews is getting cameos like every episode, and i'm living for it.
- monet's eulogy was HILARIOUS, monique's jokes weren't as strong but she made up for it with he character.
- trinity, naomi, valentina. ooof.
- manilla and valentina's funeral looks were amazing.
- all the runway looks were good, monet was my favorite tho. she just killed it this episode, would have been such a shame if she went home last episode.
- i really don't understand why the other queens are making such a big deal out of the one tiny thing manilla said about how she'll pick the lipsticks if she wins. it's like they were talking about an actual ticking time bomb.
- monet was so much better in the lip sync, i knew it was gonna be a double win when ru said manilla is a winner.
- holy shit at that ending, like the show just got three times more interesting. i was kinda excited over the idea of valentina maybe going home but whatever the fuck is going on now is even more exciting. i was so happy to see jasmine, and gia looked BEYOND GORGEOUS.
- it's gonna be very interesting to see whose lipsticks monet and manilla had chosen.

Last edited:

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
That runway was pretty underwhelming tbh. Only Monet/Naomi had all-stars worth looks. The basic-ness of Manila/Trinity's were surprising. And the fit and the ropes of Valentina's dress just made her look like a chair. Also, she's so frigging delusional.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
I'm just catching up on this season and why is Farrah literally a Final Fantasy character?

2fgm1wE.jpg

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I thought Manila looked stunning on the runway. And she's definitely the strongest of the season.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Manila and Trinity looked great, but it was kinda predictable.

I just want to see the drama when they reveal the lipsticks.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Monet absolutely killed it in this episode.

I liked the twists despite AS3 leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Regerding the returning queens it all depends on what they're supposed to do, so we'll see.

Dec 4, 2017
London
- manilla is way too emotional over latrice going home.

Yeah, see, I don't buy it. All that overwrought weeping and face-scrunching was so pantomime. I honestly feel the show has mutated into a scripted reality show at some point and the actual real competition element has fallen by the wayside.

I'll re-evaluate if the winner turns out not to be Manila, but right now it all seems designed around her inevitable coronation.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with All-Stars is that it's a cast of losers, and you've only got so many "top 3/4 but didn't win" queens to make it competitive.

Plus I'll always hate how AS gets billed as a bigger win than a regular season. You (mostly) only get there by losing!

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The problem with All-Stars is that it's a cast of losers, and you've only got so many "top 3/4 but didn't win" queens to make it competitive.

Plus I'll always hate how AS gets billed as a bigger win than a regular season. You (mostly) only get there by losing!
Sometimes losing is better than winning. And that even goes for All-Stars. Just look at Alyssa, Katya, Dela and Shangela.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes losing is better than winning. And that even goes for All-Stars. Just look at Alyssa, Katya, Dela and Shangela.

I don't think it should be necessarily billed as worse than a regular season, but I for sure don't like that Chad, Alaska, and Trixie are considered at some higher tier of winners over the people that beat them.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized that Monet has had my favorite look two weeks in a row. So excited to see her doing well!

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
God I can't wait for Gia to be back next week. Queen of reality TV tbh. She plays her character so damn well.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK

Yeah but some queens can shine on it like Aja. It's not really about the winning, it's the impact they make - that goes for both the regular show and all-stars tbh, it's all exposure whether they get the prize or not.

Also I just saw DR Thailand season 2 has started, had no idea it was starting so soon!

Just out of interest, when do they start filming s11 and roughly when will it be aired?
It was filmed last Summer, before All Stars I think. I don't think they've announced an air date yet, expect that soon though, it's going to be early this year, maybe straight after AS4?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
vanjie is going to be on season 11, right?

Last edited:

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I love Manila and I'm rooting for her. Excited for Gia next week, I'm over Farrah ever being on tv tho. Also I have to say, Latrice SUCKED this season. Especially her stupid reaction during Snatch game which was an exact repeat of her reaction from S4 where she was all "I'm over it, so unprofessional" bitch stop being bothered by other people.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I bet Latrice is the one coming back from the eliminated queens, assuming one has to return. That ending scene reminded me of how mediocre the other eliminated queens are. And if she does, I'm expecting a little more presence and redemption, because yes, he scorecard sucked.

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah out of the eliminated queen I don't see anyone but Latrice coming back. Especially if it's a lip sync for your life contest.

Also barring any AS3-like bullshit twist, Manila is obviously taking the crown.

Edit: I just saw a bonus clip of Manila and Naomi talking about Sahara and Naomi's brother respective funerals and I'm baffled as to why these interactions between the queens aren't in the full episodes? Surely they can find time for some genuine stuff between all the produce drama and rattle snake noises.

Last edited:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This was the best episode this season so far, and the next one has all the ingredients to be great too - I'm most looking forward to seeing who Monet & Manilla picked to eliminate because I think it's going to play in to things going forward.

Manilla was right when she said Monique had an easy decision last episode in saving her friend - had Latrice and Monet's track records been the other way around, would Monique have voted off Monet? I'm not so sure - Monaskatox will be a hard duo to crack.

Also great lipsync song. I'm so lost when they pick some pop tart from the past few years, when we get a Whitney or an Aretha I'm on solid ground. Gimme some more Klymaxx or Pointer Sisters type stuff too.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
This was the best episode this season so far, and the next one has all the ingredients to be great too - I'm most looking forward to seeing who Monet & Manilla picked to eliminate because I think it's going to play in to things going forward.

Manilla was right when she said Monique had an easy decision last episode in saving her friend - had Latrice and Monet's track records been the other way around, would Monique have voted off Monet? I'm not so sure - Monaskatox will be a hard duo to crack.

Also great lipsync song. I'm so lost when they pick some pop tart from the past few years, when we get a Whitney or an Aretha I'm on solid ground. Gimme some more Klymaxx or Pointer Sisters type stuff too.

I agree about the lip sync songs. I mean, "Neutron Dance" is just begging to be a LSFYL/L.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah out of the eliminated queen I don't see anyone but Latrice coming back. Especially if it's a lip sync for your life contest.

Also barring any AS3-like bullshit twist, Manila is obviously taking the crown.

Edit: I just saw a bonus clip of Manila and Naomi talking about Sahara and Naomi's brother respective funerals and I'm baffled as to why these interactions between the queens aren't in the full episodes? Surely they can find time for some genuine stuff between all the produce drama and rattle snake noises.
They basically have enough material for at least 2 hours of TV this season so stuff like that and Ru's workroom visits are getting left on the cutting floor.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm an old fart, but when did "very that" become a real thing?

I remember hearing it here and there, but now it feels like it's everywhere.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm here hoping Naomi Smalls does a Trixie and comes back stronger next episode. She's been pretty consistent so far, and I think she should have won at least the last challenge, but she is being edited out.

Also, if they wanted Valentina to win, they should have thought about the challenges a little bit more haha

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
This season could not have painted Valentina more negatively. She comes across as entitled and deluded. If she ends up winning then I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.