• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else think that Judy shownumber task was a bit rubbish? Everyone looked the same quality wise.

Anyway, I was surprised to see Manila in the bottom two rather than Trinity, was not impressed with her look at all this week.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Absolutely a smart choice for Naomi, regardless of contention the crown is huge big career value (See: Trixie). You just gotta remember the difference between All-stars and Drag Race. Drag race is a competition, All-stars is a game. Naomi was just playing the game. You can pretty easily reason that Latrice will probably be in the bottom next week, with the amount of effort they put in... It's gonna happen. Gotta sweep the leg when you can. And above all else, if you don't want to get eliminated, don't be in the bottom.

Also there shouldn't be consequences outside of an elimination target on your back, and when you're there you probably aren't thinking of "Man am I going to get death threats for playing the game?" because they shouldn't have to regardless.

See Trixie? What do you mean? Nobody sees her as a winner really, not even me, and i love her xD. She is back to doing what she was doing before, and what she is good at. Seh was a terrible contestant and not deserving winning the title.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See Trixie? What do you mean? Nobody sees her as a winner really, not even me, and i love her xD. She is back to doing what she was doing before, and what she is good at. Seh was a terrible contestant and not deserving winning the title.
She was a perfectly fine 3rd place finisher. And then runner-up once Ben quit.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I knew it was coming, it was still difficult to watch, but I have no idea what Manila was thinking with that outfit. It really did look like something you'd get at a costume store for cheap. Her makeup was great, but the outfit...no.

However, Naomi did a great job and that lip sync was probably one of my favorites of the season, purely because of her performance. I would've put Monique though in the top over Monet, Monet was underwhelming for me last night.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
At one point I was wondering if Monet was throwing the lipsync on purpose like people had suspected of previous lipsyncs.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Just caught up on the episode. It's still not up in the UK but some kind should has uploaded it to YouTube.

Holy Fuck, Naomi is really starting to bring it. I may have to reconsider my favourite.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else think that Judy shownumber task was a bit rubbish? Everyone looked the same quality wise.

Anyway, I was surprised to see Manila in the bottom two rather than Trinity, was not impressed with her look at all this week.

I am sincerely confused as to why they made us sit through that, I thought all of them were awful. You made non-queens lip sync and you wasted the queens' time. It was like awful filler.

I was extremely surprised no one raked Monet over the coals for making Patty look so fucking white, like she looked like the ghost of Liza Minelli. At least her legs matched with those tights but her hands were a different color... still, I suppose I'm always happy for Monet to do well... but what the fuck was that lip sync? Why have hers all been so boring this season? I'm starting to believe this thing of her throwing them.

I was not at all happy for Manila to go home but I can't be mad at Naomi. I'm happy she's officially in shit at this point, she's a fantastic queen. But I definitely see Latrice going home next. A top 3 without Manilla bores me honestly... her runway was fun to look at. At this point I'm rooting for Naomi, Trinity is talented but I don't want her to win. I'd love a top 3 of Monique Monet and Naomi but I don't see it happening.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
AS4 going the way of AS3 where the most deserving queen doesn't win.

I'mma need another All Stars season where the winner is someone who had their crown stolen.

#TeamShae

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Both Monet and Monique showed growth. I don't see why they shouldn't be in the competition. Unless you mean they should have waited until All Stars 5, then I agree.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
This episode still isn't up on Netflix in Japan yet, what's happened? It's like a day late.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was supposed to see Monet perform last night but she didn't make it due to "scheduling conflicts" and I feel sad about that.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still gagged. Full on #TeamMonet now. If Latrice wins, I'll be pissed. This is not her season.

I'll be okay with Trinity or Monique tho.

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
I missed Valentina's dumb weirdness this week. Instead, we got RuPaul trying to summon up some more Emmy-winning exploitative emotional *moments* and the traditional Awful Obligatory Makeover Dance Number.

I'm honestly annoyed at Manila for thinking that those bedsheets were going to cut it when she had been slaying so hard for the entire season and when she's one of the best contestants on Drag Race ever in terms of design and aesthetics. It was uncharacteristically underwhelming. The bottom placement, at least, was totally fair. Props to Naomi for taking full advantage of the one moment she's been given all season, I guess. I know it's TV first and a competition second, but it still kinda sucks as a seven-year Manila stan. Now that she's out of the way it's clear that Trinity will win the whole thing, because the editing has not been subtle in that department.

Rooting for Monique now. Hopefully she snags her third challenge win next week, even if I don't think she has a shot at winning the whole competition. She's been incredibly consistent throughout, and I'm glad that production allowed it to happen rather than booting her like Aja. She probably wasn't deserving of being top 2 in the talent show (neither was Trinity lol), but equally her bottom placements weren't bombs by any means. The looks have been a bit shaky, but I'd go to see her perform any day of the week and that's what matters.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon hasn't released episode 8 either. I got tired of waiting and watched it on vudu. I should ask Amazon for a refund. 😤

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
I missed Valentina's dumb weirdness this week. Instead, we got RuPaul trying to summon up some more Emmy-winning exploitative emotional *moments* and the traditional Awful Obligatory Makeover Dance Number.

I am so fucking tired of Ru manufacturing these emotional moments between himself and the contests, especially knowing how dickish he can be to some of them like Pearl, and his bad attitude on things like trans issues. When he was talking to Monique I kind of felt some of that behind the scenes awkwardness like Ru really took it upon himself to be like "let me tell you about your flaws" and try to force a moment where there wasn't one. I wish I could go back to the days where I didn't know Ru's kinda shitty attitude (I can't be wrong on something, I was progressive in the 90's! I'M A SELF-HELP GURU!!) but I love the queens too much to stop watching.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I love that Ru STILL tries to be all Mama Ru despite us knowing it's all fake. Michelle is the true drag mom anyway.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about Drag Race, but I met Naomi in person and talked to her for like 30 minutes out of drag and she is really cool/down to earth. Like I literally didn't know who she was at the time and she never mentioned that she had been on Drag Race, so it was a very normal conversation. I've been following this season a little more just because of that and I'm glad she is still in it and making waves.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know much about Drag Race, but I met Naomi in person and talked to her for like 30 minutes out of drag and she is really cool/down to earth. Like I literally didn't know who she was at the time and she never mentioned that she had been on Drag Race, so it was a very normal conversation. I've been following this season a little more just because of that and I'm glad she is still in it and making waves.

It's nice to hear that! She strikes me as super chill and down to earth which is especially nice for someone who is as model/fashion persona based as she is. I'm a sucker for queens who feel like they'd be sweethearts/fun to hang out with out of drag and Naomi is for sure one of those. It's like the political "candidate you'd have a beer with" shit for me lmao, tho I wouldn't crown them based on that. Just makes me like them more.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've ways felt that Ru can be an asshole. I think it stems from her finally
Same. She is such a humbe person to just chat with at the bars.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to hear that! She strikes me as super chill and down to earth which is especially nice for someone who is as model/fashion persona based as she is. I'm a sucker for queens who feel like they'd be sweethearts/fun to hang out with out of drag and Naomi is for sure one of those. It's like the political "candidate you'd have a beer with" shit for me lmao, tho I wouldn't crown them based on that. Just makes me like them more.
I am basically drag adjacent, so I get to see a whole bunch of drag queens on a regular basis in and out of drag. It is interesting to see the difference between them all. Naomi is probably the second coolest I met, I really liked Bitch Puddin' from Dragula. We played Switch together and were talking about how hyped we were for Smash Ultimate.

It's funny, I'm basically clueless about drag drama and all that stuff, so I have a bit of innocence when I'm talking to them that they always find funny.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense for Naomi to have picked that lipstick. She made herstory, and that's the moment everyone will remember when they think All Stars 4. It puts her closer to the crown. If she wants to win Manila would have to be out.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I came across some "spoilers" about this on twitter like 4 days ago, I didn't want to believe it but I thought if it happened it must be that both Manila and Trinity are in the bottom, but Manila and Latrice?! Naomi has balls (unlike Alaska and Shangela's "shes my friend BS excuses").

Now the crown should go to either Monique or Naomi, who had the two best lipsyncs this season, but it will probably go to Trinity to continue the skinny blonde & white formula.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've met Naomi twice and she's great. So warm and fun and she always comments on my height cause when she's in heels we're equally tall.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Naomi really made a splash this season, first club 96 now the gag of the season. Comeback queen!

Sceptre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3wuhgj7qjde21.jpg

lmao

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
I wondered if Monet didn't want to be the one making a chop that week? It did seem like she was just imploding up there.

I expected there to be more blowback on Naomi but people are shockingly chill about it. It was the most nakedly "killing the competition" cut in all of All Stars. Even so, it isn't upsetting to me really, not in the same way Rolaskatox kept Roxy failing upwards for like 5 episodes or whatever that bullshit was.

#TeamMonique by the way. Her voice is so fucking entertaining, I wish she was voicing cartoons. And Vanjie, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.