• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
The editors made it super obvious who was going to go home in every previous episode of AS4 just so that they could gag us with this.

Next level. I'm shook.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
I wondered if Monet didn't want to be the one making a chop that week? It did seem like she was just imploding up there.

I expected there to be more blowback on Naomi but people are shockingly chill about it. It was the most nakedly "killing the competition" cut in all of All Stars. Even so, it isn't upsetting to me really, not in the same way Rolaskatox kept Roxy failing upwards for like 5 episodes or whatever that bullshit was.

#TeamMonique by the way. Her voice is so fucking entertaining, I wish she was voicing cartoons. And Vanjie, too.

I feel like a lot of people think it sucks, but it's something entirely within the rules, so it feels less like the show stealing from us because production thought it would be a gag. But it might help that it was Naomi, she seems fairly popular. Then again I don't think anyone is safe from the toxic ass fanbase outside of some certain anointed white faves...

Amen to Monique and Vanjie doing cartoons lmao. One of the most tragic things about Vanjie being reduced to one meme is you lose out on her hilarious interviews. I just love listening to her talk. I'm sad people find Monique so obnoxious this season, I still enjoy her.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I feel like a lot of people think it sucks, but it's something entirely within the rules, so it feels less like the show stealing from us because production thought it would be a gag. But it might help that it was Naomi, she seems fairly popular. Then again I don't think anyone is safe from the toxic ass fanbase outside of some certain anointed white faves...

Amen to Monique and Vanjie doing cartoons lmao. One of the most tragic things about Vanjie being reduced to one meme is you lose out on her hilarious interviews. I just love listening to her talk. I'm sad people find Monique so obnoxious this season, I still enjoy her.
I am so excited for Vanjie in S11 because of Miz Crackers Review with a Jew when she pointed out how weird she gets. I was sold.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Naomi is a beast at lipsyncing. She deserved that win. However, Manila's elimination was just plain wrong. Naomi did her dirty with a cutthroat self-serving move. Manila was top two material for sure, along with Trinity. If Naomi doesn't manage to take the crown, she got rid of the season's best competitor for nothing.

Manila was poised for the win, and then this happened.

The last couple episodes have soured me on Latrice. Her sense of entitlement would be palatable if she had been slaying the competition like Manila. But no, she's been skating through on her reputation. I was glad to see her come back, but she makes top 3 after this week's ridiculous elimination, this season will be one of the worst in the show's history. What's the point of an all stars competition where a queen's stature outside the show earns them second chances and an edge over stronger competitors?

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
The last couple episodes have soured me on Latrice. Her sense of entitlement would be palatable if she had been slaying the competition like Manila. But no, she's been skating through on her reputation. I was glad to see her come back, but she makes top 3 after this week's ridiculous elimination, this season will be one of the worst in the show's history. What's the point of an all stars competition where a queen's stature outside the show earns them second chances and an edge over stronger competitors?

Thing is, production itself favored Latrice this season (even tho she should have been Top 2 during the first episode). Gia & Naomi should have been the double shantay.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so bored of Latrice's sparkly dresses. She's a very one-note, lacklustre queen to me who pulled one funny face a very long time ago.

I seem to be in a bad mood this evening.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Thing is, production itself favored Latrice this season (even tho she should have been Top 2 during the first episode). Gia & Naomi should have been the double shantay.

Gia didn't seem to know the words but everything else about her sync was better. Tbh Latrice didn't even turn it out that hard... it's all fake ass producing shit. It was also a ploy to keep Valentina around for a while longer.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Naomi is a beast at lipsyncing. She deserved that win. However, Manila's elimination was just plain wrong. Naomi did her dirty with a cutthroat self-serving move. Manila was top two material for sure, along with Trinity. If Naomi doesn't manage to take the crown, she got rid of the season's best competitor for nothing.

Manila was poised for the win, and then this happened.

I mean, Manilla said flat out in an earlier episode "I'm going to eliminate my biggest competition." If you're going to play that way, don't expect other people to do any different.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Also, from the preview it seems that Monét also had chosen Manila to go. Naomi isn't alone playing the game without following the "report card"

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Manilla said flat out in an earlier episode "I'm going to eliminate my biggest competition." If you're going to play that way, don't expect other people to do any different.

Exactly. I like Manilla, but if you say that and also that you're going to Roxxxy Latrice through the competition, then you have to be sure that you're at least safe every single week.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Fucking EW spoiled the episode for me.

Finally got to watch it and I'm really disappointed that Manila got voted out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
naomi did three iconic things in three episodes

that lip sync against gia
club96
sending the most probable winner home

i get chills thinking about it, and this bitch was barely there for the first 5 episodes.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Naomi Smalls repeating her arch of being nonexistent on the start of the season and doing a massive comeback at the end. At least she is consistent.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

9746.jpg

Glad she's smarter than her S10 sisters and isn't running this one into the ground.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Club 96

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Club 96
club 96

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna need to rewatch this episode and listen to the critiques, cuz I have no idea how Monet was top 2, her look was garbage. Monique deserves top 2.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
As I'm still catching up with older seasons I previously missed, I've started season 6 tonight.

Ugh Gia Gunn! Get out of my life already. She is AWFUL.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying getting to see Milk again after she entertained me so much in AS3, and Bendelacreme.

Quite like Adore as well (and obviously, Bianca).

Laganza needs to just..be quiet.

Dec 6, 2018
Laganja got played by production. They're the ones who, at the beginning, asked her to act like this.

The backlash was fucking intense in the fandom from what I read. People hated her.
Wasn't it confirmed that they wouldn't let her have her medicinal weed? I've listened to a Katya's podcast with her and she seems to think production has only their own interests in mind

Edit: Also I'm sorry but Adore was carried to top 3. She should have lipsynced for her first episode mess of an outfit instead of Kelly and in the horror acting challenge for being a bad team leader

Last edited:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Laganja got played by production. They're the ones who, at the beginning, asked her to act like this.

The backlash was fucking intense in the fandom from what I read. People hated her.
Laganga probably gave more catchphrases to DR than anyone else. She was annoying on the show, but she had a lasting effect on the dialogue, even the judges and guests say "okkkkrrrrr" etc. I think fan attitudes to her softened afterwards.

Also:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't it confirmed that they wouldn't let her have her medicinal weed? I've listened to a Katya's podcast with her and she seems to think production has only their own interests in mind

Edit: Also I'm sorry but Adore was carried to top 3. She should have lipsynced for her first episode mess of an outfit instead of Kelly and in the horror acting challenge for being a bad team leader

Yeah for both episodes she has been in so far, I've wondered how the fuck was Adore not in the bottom two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.