• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Any of those three queens have more fierceness and Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent. in their left little toenails than the AS4 top 5 combined.

Absolutely, all three previous winners are guilty of their share of bullshit, and at times each benefited from the producers' favor. And yet: Each and every one is a world class entertainer in their own right, with undeniable magnetism and a remarkable personal brand. Latrice is magnificent, of course, but also stale and entitled. The rest have their strengths but they played a dirty game and none of them have the x-factor of the previous winners.
So you don't consider the Rolaskatox bullshit playing a dirty game, but some girls voting out your fave and you being salty about it is. Gotcha.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
@Gia
Its good, but i don't see cat, but more of a yarn theme.

@Latrice
Her dress was also more Safari, then kitten-Coutour

@Manilla
Damn, that's an amazing look O.O

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
So you don't consider the Rolaskatox bullshit playing a dirty game, but some girls voting out your fave and you being salty about it is. Gotcha.
The whole Roxxxy thing was ridiculous, and Roxxxy herself is painfully mediocre. I give Alaska a pass because she's a fierce fucking superstar, probably the single most impressive queen to emerge from all of RPDR. Undeniably one of the all time greats along with Raja, Katya, Willam, etc.

You can miss me with your shitty aspersions. You know full well that Manila got screwed, and that her performance before her elimination episode was consistently strong. Don't waste my time with that low quality bait, lol.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
The whole Roxxxy thing was ridiculous, and Roxxxy herself is painfully mediocre. I give Alaska a pass because she's a fierce fucking superstar, probably the single most impressive queen to emerge from all of RPDR. Undeniably one of the all time greats along with Raja, Katya, Willam, etc.

You can miss me with your shitty aspersions. You know full well that Manila got screwed, and that her performance before her elimination episode was consistently strong. Don't waste my time with that low quality bait, lol.
I'm just saying your reasoning makes zero sense and you are purposely disregarding things because of your personal feelings. Which is fine, like whatever, you can do that. But at least admit it? Lol.

You give Alaska a pass because reasons, but now any of the girls who win this season aren't truly deserving of the crown since Manila was kicked off because of "how they've conducted themselves" (what does this even mean lmao). But like Alaska throwing a fit, begging to stay and saying she'd pay $10k to keep her and keeping Roxxxy simply because she is her friend is not poor behavior? All of these are equally as manufactured moments, dear.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017

Using your logic Shangela should have won All Stars last season.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just saying your reasoning makes zero sense and you are purposely disregarding things because of your personal feelings. Which is fine, like whatever, you can do that. But at least admit it? Lol.

You give Alaska a pass because reasons, but now any of the girls who win this season aren't truly deserving of the crown since Manila was kicked off because of "how they've conducted themselves" (what does this even mean lmao). But like Alaska throwing a fit, begging to stay and saying she'd pay $10k to keep her and keeping Roxxxy simply because she is her friend is not poor behavior? All of these are equally as manufactured moments, dear.
I mean, compare the talent. Alaska's embarrassing tantrum was a highly unflattering diva moment that she's still working double time to neutralize (see: her latest music video). But nobody else could do her job like she does.

And please don't play dumb by quoting a transparently obvious sentence like you're somehow confounded by my meaning. You're insulting both of us.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Using your logic Shangela should have won All Stars last season.

She should have ^^.

Rendering...
I get what he is saying. I mean, i hated how Alaska behaved, but she deserved that crown more then anyone, cause he has been doing an amazing job, and is probably the best queen to come out of DragRace. She has IT, the starpower, uniqueness, pushing forward, doing amazing things on her own, same as did Raja, Willam, Shangela, Katja and Trixie. What do you expect from Monique, Monet, Trinity or Naomi? i men, they cute, but that's it.

Last edited:

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, compare the talent. Alaska's embarrassing tantrum was a highly unflattering diva moment that she's still working double time to neutralize (see: her latest music video). But nobody else could do her job like she does.

And please don't play dumb by quoting a transparently obvious sentence like you're somehow confounded by my meaning. You're insulting both of us.
I literally do not know what you mean by saying how they've conducted themselves is somehow unfitting of the crown.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I literally do not know what you mean by saying how they've conducted themselves is somehow unfitting of the crown.
That's hard to believe, if you read my original post.

I thought it was gross for the remaining queens to cackle and joke about Manila getting sniped after her first minor stumble. It was mean spirited. While I understand this contrived reality game show exists first and foremost for our entertainment and is not a test of kindness or fairness, the manufactured reality of RPDR does follow a certain internal logic. RuPaul appears to be very intent on maintaining the glamorous fiction that this is a contest where merit counts. Usually, queens who do well tend to win or stay. Usually, shadiness doesn't cross the line to bad sportsmanship. A great queen being robbed of her chance to compete is nothing to laugh and joke about.

I realize a lot of viewers live for drama in any form, and think every line can and should be crossed. But I was under the impression that "All Star" meant something like an exemplary drag queen, an entertainer worthy of carrying on RuPaul's legacy, or at least pimping her next album. The top 5 might be All Stars by definition, but they've rendered the spirit and intent of the title meaningless.

I watch this show to see talented artists rock the stage. I like to see talent validated. This whole Manila debacle left a bad taste. You know she would have brought something worthwhile to the remaining challenges.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a big Alaska fan.

The best queen to come out of RPDR (and there are many amazing legends!) is Katya. Trixie would be nothing without Katya.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it was gross for the remaining queens to cackle and joke about Manila getting sniped after her first minor stumble. It was mean spirited, and while I understand this contrived reality game show is not a test of kindness or fairness, the manufactured reality of RPDR does follow a certain internal logic. RuPaul appears to be very intent on maintaining the glamorous fiction that this is a contest where merit counts. Usually, queens who do well tend to win or stay. Usually, shadiness doesn't cross the line to bad sportsmanship. A great queen being robbed of her chance to compete is nothing to laugh and joke about.

I realize a lot of viewers live for drama in any form, and think every line can and should be crossed. But I was under the impression that "All Star" meant something like an exemplary drag queen, an entertainer worthy of carrying on RuPaul's legacy. The top 5 might be All Stars by definition, but they've rendered the spirit and intent of the title meaningless.
With this comment I swear it's like you've never watched this show before. I'm going to disengage with you because... I honestly feel like I'm getting trolled right now. I've literally talked in this thread about how much MORE drama previous seasons had and how I felt like it was somewhat of a chore to sit through them. The mind boggles at comments like this.

Blade24070 hard agree to everything you said (especially regarding Katya and Trixie).

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
With this comment I swear it's like you've never watched this show before. I'm going to disengage with you because... I honestly feel like I'm getting trolled right now. I've literally talked in this thread about how much MORE drama previous seasons had and how I felt like it was somewhat of a chore to sit through them. The mind boggles at comments like this.

Blade24070 hard agree to everything you said (especially regarding Katya and Trixie).
Alright. I feel like I've explained my POV well enough.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Terrible episode. None of them shone in the main challenge and none of the critiques seemed to reflect reality at all.

Having said that, I have no idea how Trinity ended up in the top two. Once they were all dressed as clowns at the end of the 'mocumentary' she sounded like she was doing a really bad impression of Mae West rather than channeling Samantha. I can't help feeling that is the Rock Paper Scissors had turned out differently, both she and Monet would have benefitted.

It's an interesting final four though. Normally at this point there's a clear '4th placer' who should, by rights, be the next to go. I honestly couldn't pick someone for that role this time round. They all have vastly different strengths and weaknesses and it feels incredibly close.

Still rooting for Monique though.

Dec 4, 2017
London

I thought it was gross for the remaining queens to cackle and joke about Manila getting sniped after her first minor stumble. It was mean spirited. While I understand this contrived reality game show exists first and foremost for our entertainment and is not a test of kindness or fairness, the manufactured reality of RPDR does follow a certain internal logic. RuPaul appears to be very intent on maintaining the glamorous fiction that this is a contest where merit counts. Usually, queens who do well tend to win or stay. Usually, shadiness doesn't cross the line to bad sportsmanship. A great queen being robbed of her chance to compete is nothing to laugh and joke about.

I realize a lot of viewers live for drama in any form, and think every line can and should be crossed. But I was under the impression that "All Star" meant something like an exemplary drag queen, an entertainer worthy of carrying on RuPaul's legacy, or at least pimping her next album. The top 5 might be All Stars by definition, but they've rendered the spirit and intent of the title meaningless.

I watch this show to see talented artists rock the stage. I like to see talent validated. This whole Manila debacle left a bad taste. You know she would have brought something worthwhile to the remaining challenges.

Manila was the first of this season's queens to start talking about sending home the strongest competition so it seems a bit myopic to blame the other queens for basically subscribing to a model she herself was promoting.

Would the competition be better with her still in it - yes, undoubtedly. But I think you're taking the idea of All Stars being the 'best of the best' a little too seriously. I'm not sure many people really see it as that. More of a fun side-show, or an encore, which has little real meaning beyond being an excuse to spend more time with some favourites for the fans, and an opportunity for some more exposure for the queens.

Dec 6, 2018
I really wish they started changing up the challenges per season, at this point it's a given that there is a talent show, snatch game, a live music video, a scripted acting challenge and a lip sync performance, with a final slot or two given to a roast/makeover/designchallenge. BRING BACK CHERRY PIE SELLING AND STRIPPING.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Manila was the first of this season's queens to start talking about sending home the strongest competition so it seems a bit myopic to blame the other queens for basically subscribing to a model she herself was promoting.

Would the competition be better with her still in it - yes, undoubtedly. But I think you're taking the idea of All Stars being the 'best of the best' a little too seriously. I'm not sure many people really see it as that. More of a fun side-show, or an encore, which has little real meaning beyond being an excuse to spend more time with some favourites for the fans, and an opportunity for some more exposure for the queens.
Well, maybe. But the last three All Stars winners were pretty damn impressive. It would have been nice for this season to keep the trend going.

I'd be pulling for Naomi because I like her lip syncs and runways, but as I've made clear, I'm really not feeling how she handled Manila's elimination. Trinity is good, but not as good as the previous winners. Latrice is Latrice. She's a special queen but she's outstayed her welcome.

The other two... next. Anyway I should probably finish the latest episode.

Dec 4, 2017
London
I really wish they started changing up the challenges per season, at this point it's a given that there is a talent show, snatch game, a live music video, a scripted acting challenge and a lip sync performance, with a final slot or two given to a roast/makeover/designchallenge. BRING BACK CHERRY PIE SELLING AND STRIPPING.

I just wish they went back to the creative challenges. I much preferred seeing them hastily putting concepts and looks together in a couple of days rather than them all turning up with outfits they've bought from designers from runway themes they've been notified of in advance. I feel you got a much better sense of what made them tick that way.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Well, maybe. But the last three All Stars winners were pretty damn impressive. It would have been nice for this season to keep the trend going.

I'd be pulling for Naomi because I like her lip syncs and runways, but as I've made clear, I'm really not feeling how she handled Manila's elimination. Trinity is good, but not as good as the previous winners. Latrice is Latrice. She's a special queen but she's outstayed her welcome.

The other two... next.

Well, opinions and all that. Personally I've always felt Chad was vastly overated. And as much as I love Trixie outside of the show, she certainly didn't deserve the win over Shangela (who I previously couldn't stand) who absolutely killed it throughout. And even then, the winner should probably have been Ben. So yeah, I don't take the eventual winners of AS too seriously as being strictly reflective of merit. That, to me, is more the remit of the main show. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see AS be more of a valid competition, but it is what it is and I think it's probably not worth worrying about too much.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Trinity had a cool look in that lip sync, and I liked her performance the best. Fair elimination too.

This top 4... well, there certainly are four of them.

At least that sexy chocolate dancer guy is back for the next episode. He's fit.

Well, opinions and all that. Personally I've always felt Chad was vastly overated. And as much as I love Trixie outside of the show, she certainly didn't deserve the win over Shangela (who I previously couldn't stand) who absolutely killed it throughout. And even then, the winner should probably have been Ben. So yeah, I don't take the eventual winners of AS too seriously as being strictly reflective of merit. That, to me, is more the remit of the main show. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see AS be more of a valid competition, but it is what it is and I think it's probably not worth worrying about too much.
That's fair enough. I think that's a reasonable way to look at things.

Last edited:

Never Forever

Jan 22, 2019
the 'best' acting challenges were in the early seasons because they were purposefully low-budget camp tomfoolery and not pretending to be anything else, and the people who ended up in the bottom were those who didn't fully throw themselves into the spirit of the thing. Now, they're critiquing the acting like they're doing Tennessee Williams and utilising 'embodying the role' as criteria like the parts are fairly balanced, nuanced and well-written

I'm glad that Monique has made it to the finale without ever really doing badly on a challenge, it's such a shame that the edit hasn't really acknowledged that. Naomi also had a much stronger performance throughout the season than 1 win/3 bottoms alone suggests, and it still sucks that it seems to have been preordained that they weren't going to reward her for as long as possible when her Wendy was far and away the strongest Snatch Game performance.

The top four are probably the most even top four in quite a while in both vanilla/All Stars from a performance perspective if not necessarily a track record perspective. If wins/edits had been spread out a bit more this finale could feel far more exciting rather than expecting an inevitable Trinity crowning. I suppose that after the Trixie/Shangela debacle, production were really going to go hard to make sure that the viewers felt like the rightful winner won

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Okay, but Gia's look for this week's runway? Whew.

aohbrxi04if21.jpg
Reminds me of Jocelyn Fox's quinceanera look in term of the colourscheme. Great look, but I don't get cat (maybe crazy cat lady).

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, people like Willam? Absolutely could not stand her personally.

It took me a few episodes to "get" her personality but once I saw it I loved her. I only unfollowed her on twitter because she kept posting these nasty photos of some diseased scrotum 🤢

I feel like Naomi's did yarn + cats better. Honestly... I'd technically be happy if Naomi, Monet, or Monique won as I love them all but when it comes to kinda technically earning the crown or whatever with consistency I kinda feel like only Naomi deserves it in that regard. I just don't want Trinity to win—outside of the all-white line of queens there's just something about her... I feel bad because I enjoyed her well enough in her season and she's done well here but I think she's missing the C in CUNT for me.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
I normally don't post about looks because it makes me feel dumb, petty and pointless, but that dress from Latrice.

Like, come on. It was actual, legit van/carnival ride-level airbrush-job. She has money, or at least enough contacts with people in the industry who are skilled, and who could probably do it for free for her. It really has to be about taste-level and conceptual curiosity.

It was legitimately jarring (and I'm not prone to hyperbole).

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
era has a drag race OT!?!? oh man how did I not know this, drag race occupies like 50% of my entire life

anyway Naomi smalls is the best looks and lip sync queen in herstory and only Kim chi can rival her runway prowess. change my mind

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the last acting challenge I relatively enjoyed was 9021-HO in season 9, this one was...forgettable to say the least.

I'm team Trinity and Monique.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not a terrible episode, but it must have been boring cuz i was texting all through it and don't remember much other than the beginning and the end
- monet picking up manilla's lipstick, loved it
- happy with the final four. this season made me really like trinity, she was pretty unlikable on her season, and she has been the strongest but i still hope someone else wins. i feel like it's time for a black queen to join the hall of fame.
- when the cast was announced, i was kinda meh on monet and monique and thought it was too early for them, never expected them to go all the way. they've been great at challenges, fun to watch, and overall just awesome queens to have on the show all the way to the end.

era has a drag race OT!?!? oh man how did I not know this, drag race occupies like 50% of my entire life
sis what? you could have searched...
glad to have you join us now, season 11 is almost here

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason the thing that bothered me the most about the acting challenge was that Ross gave Trinity notes about how Kim Cattrall actually acts but let Naomi overact and do all that ridiculous posing and basically give me no Sarah Jessica at all.

I'll be good with either Monet or Monique.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason the thing that bothered me the most about the acting challenge was that Ross gave Trinity notes about how Kim Cattrall actually acts but let Naomi overact and do all that ridiculous posing and basically give me no Sarah Jessica at all.
ross was acting like he was hitchcock or something but had no idea what he was doing.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017

I'll be good with either Monet or Monique.
Ummm, I thought he gave Naomi a few tips about SJP being charming, perky, sweet, and that Naomi *was* overacting. Come on, sis.

Oct 27, 2017
I want Trinity to take it, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Monet be crowned. Naomi getting it would be a nice surprise lol
I hate acting challenges, they're nearly always shit
I'm not even gonna lie, I've always just sort of tolerated the show's acting challenges.
The best things about them for me is seeing the queens dress up, but outside of that they're by far my least favorite challenge type.

Last edited:

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Naomi was trying to add herself into the role... which I thought was like a good thing? Idk the whole thing was such a goddamn mess. And it's always hilarious to see any of them but especially Ross direct like you bitches ain't qualified to direct anything lmao

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Naomi was trying to add herself into the role... which I thought was like a good thing? Idk the whole thing was such a goddamn mess. And it's always hilarious to see any of them but especially Ross direct like you bitches ain't qualified to direct anything lmao
The trick was that you can't do that with the character, but you can do that with the second role of the actor. Having a super sweet SJP during the movie scenes then having her be a total bitch during the real life scenes would have been perfect, but she was just playing herself 100% of the time.

This challenge was actually really hard because you had to play two roles.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm TeamMonique and TeamTrinity.
They deserve the crown the most.
I don't care who wins as long as it is one of them. But I think Monique needs it more. Look how she stepped up her game just a year later with a little extra money. She is talented, funny, honest and likeable.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What, I had no idea there was a RuPaul thread on here!! YASSSS

What a season. I've been quite entertained. I honestly have no idea who I'm rooting for. I love Trinity and Monet, but Monique has really worked it this season, too. I don't feel like Naomi has that xfactor to be the winner as much as I like her. But she plays a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.