• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Man I don't understand anyone who discredits any wins in this? They worked hard no matter what to get to that spot... And they played the game.

Sure All-Stars isn't as enjoyable as a regular season, but it's a totally different game, and even great queens who come in expecting it to be a regular season of drag race get sent home because they didn't play the game. Every queen invited to AS4 deserved to win for one reason or another, but they didn't. Manilla went far but the only way to not be sent home is to not be in the bottom, Trixie won the AS3 cast vote because she played the game better. It's the way it goes.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
That was a pretty dull episode, and I kinda feel like the judge who was an actual actor had the correct attitude about the whole thing.

Hopefully the finale is better. #TeamTrinity&Monet for me.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Monique was the only great one during this challenge. She was two tiers above everyone else in the acting, and she's never looked better on the runway. Shame she didn't win the lipsync.

I would put Latrice or Monet as my #2 personally, but to be honest none of them were better than decent. Trinity's critique felt heavily edited to avoid any criticism of her acting, but I guess they needed to pick someone as the other winner (and this also has the advantage of avoiding another Manila situation).

My opinion hasn't really changed from the end of the previous episode. I'm still

#TeamAnyoneButTrinity

Not cause I hate Trinity or anything. But she's the most forgettable of the top 5 for me (personally). Her main character traits seem to be being super competitive and having plastic surgery, but that just doesn't hook me that much.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I thought Trinity deserved the win - She was one of the best in the challenge (along with Monique), she looked like Kim Catrall and delivered her lines great mostly. Her, Naomi and Latrice I could tell who their characters were instantly, but acting-wise Monet and Latrice were just being themselves, but at least Latrice projected well.

Monet's runway was great, but not cat, I got mouse-moose. The best runway look was Michelle's Julie Newmar. Latrice did alright in the challenge, but her runway was deficient and it was fair she went, but it would've been gaggy if it had been someone else.

Out of the top 4 - I think Trinity has done the best throughout and would deserve the win, but I would really want them to change the rules for AS5 because the longer they do it this way, the less the title means.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
#TeamMonique
But it will probably be a Monet x Trinity finale which is BS, Monet is the weakest out of the four and if there's a lipsync battle AS3 style I hope Naomi Sasha Velours the competition.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
As nobody has said it for a while..

LejK0k4.jpg

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry but Latrice deserved the boot simply for that damn ugly runway look. It looked like something from Season 2.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
LoL, on Fashion Photo Ruview they booted Moniques look, but tooted Latrice's xD... wtf, they really want me to hate Latrice, or what the hell is going on?

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I was looking at that picture with Chad, Alaska and Trixie from next week's episode, and something about it felt off. It felt mediocre, like All Stars has become less elevated than the normal seasons, and feels like a lesser version. I think it's because of the elimination rules, where the winner doesn't really feel like the best.

And I think this is just coming out of the last 2 seasons, because I think All Stars 2 is the best drag race season of all of them (and Alaska is my favourite queen). But the shenanigans of Ben quitting, and now Manila leaving just left this impression that whoever wins isn't really the best queen, just the one that intimidated less.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I was expecting someone to mention in the show or Ruview was that Monique's sword was bent (great look though). But yeah, I was surprised to see them liking Latrice's look.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It was a lion (hair + make-up) and the dress was supposed to represent a savanna. Interesting idea, but the execution was lackluster and the art looked cheap.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Was talking to some friends who are hardcore fans and they thought the tops were completely wrong. They thought Naomi and Monet were best, and really liked Monet's Pink Panther take (and thought she did the best in the acting challenge). They also kinda complained about the episode...

but I thought it was super entertaining! I mentioned that I couldn't stop laughing (except for when they played Sex and the Kitty 3 video). The acting challenge seemed like a complete wash, and I'd probably agree that Trinity and Monique were the least bad. I probably would've preferred Naomi and Monique as the tops. I dunno what Cat Couture is but I didn't really think it was cat suits (but whatever, I love Puss in Boots).

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wait people liked Latrice's runway? It was Cat Couture and she came out with a giraffe and an elephant?

Well, she is the most beloved queen ever, so they give her toot just for that. It doesn't matter that it was actually Safari/Jungle gown, and thus misinterpreted, its Latrice motherfucking royale!

But the video got almost the same on dislikes as likes ^^.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Monique's runway was the best but I can kinda see why it would get a 'boot' on FPR since they judge them based on still photos before the episode actually airs, and that look may not have translated well on a single photo (they complained about the hat, but on the actual runway the hat looked great). However, in what world would you give Latrice's look a toot?! Not only is it another basic gown but it's also one of the worst looks in the show's history, it looked cheap af and poorly executed and didn't really hit the theme right. If the gown was a leopard print with the hair it could kinda work, but girl...a giraffe and a zibra with a lion head on the crotch?!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
If they were going to do a challenge around Sex and the City, you'd think they would get somebody from the show as a judge, or at least make it a Desperate Housewives challenge instead if Felicity was going to be on there.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I would appreciate a proper reunion episode but if they plan to repeat that shitty "A Jury of Their Queers" twist, we might not get one. I don't think they will repeat that though. There was too much backlash last season.
But since S11 premiers Feb. 28th, there could be a reunion episode next week. I don't know.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
If they were going to do a challenge around Sex and the City, you'd think they would get somebody from the show as a judge, or at least make it a Desperate Housewives challenge instead if Felicity was going to be on there.
I feel like desperate housewives would have been a lot better
Though I've never liked SITC so I'm bias

Status
Not open for further replies.