• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Definitely agreed on Laila and Vanessa, both some of my faves from their pre-season and I can see Laila has grown a lot.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
We're getting Thailand's Drag Race on WOW+ with english subtitles next month!
This is cool!

I saw people mentioning that the fansubs had a lot of extra explanations regarding references and jokes. Are the jokes that impenetrable? I wonder how the official subs will work around that if so.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
This is cool!

I saw people mentioning that the fansubs had a lot of extra explanations regarding references and jokes. Are the jokes that impenetrable? I wonder how the official subs will work around that if so.

I dunno, but the fact that I can watch the entire season on my phone beats having to download each episode and their respective subs.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, but the fact that I can watch the entire season on my phone beats having to download each episode and their respective subs.
Girl where are you finding these messy separated files? The subber was uploading crispy HD videos complete with lovingly translated subs and drag race inside jokes on the interstitials.

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
This is cool!

There are definitely some jokes that went over my head (even with explanations) but for the most part I think it's totally fine. Those moments just remind me I'm watching something from a totally different culture and it's cool to get some insight into something I don't really know anything about.

Also I'm scared for this next episode. Favorites are gonna start going home soon.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
tumblr_ocv8b2No9l1rosb88o1_500.gif
Don't really know what to make of this, but I suppose it's a positive sentiment?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Shea Coulee has been on my top 3 since season 9, but she's soon to become my favorite contestant of all times.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
We're getting Thailand's Drag Race on WOW+ with english subtitles next month!

EVERYONE HERE SHOULD WATCH IT. It's got that tacky lower budget feeling that the main show used to have but my god it was definitely a great experience with some great queens! Only a few of them speak English but you guys should follow their social media channels after finishing the season as well for some good fucking looks.

This is cool!

This is also true, but it's mostly only seen in comedy challenges. The problem is there can be rhyming, alliteration, culture references that we just won't get that have to be explained or the joke makes no sense. And then unfortunately, because you've had the joke explained to you, it's not funny. But that doesn't stop some of the queens being fucking hilarious with some of the quippy stuff they come out with that doesn't need explained lol.

Everyone should totally watch it though I stan.

Now onto discussion of the preview for next ep:
love the Vixen, that was hilarious. I pegged Vixen and Kameron as being the bottom for this weeks episode last week but I'm expecting Rupaul to judge them in pairs for some arbitrary reason now that'll put Kameron and Monet in the bottom with Kameron going home in my opinion. :( I guess I'm pessimistic but I want Kameron to go far.

I also just bought the three drag queen funko pops for my boyfriends birthday. I hope he loves them (I kinda wanna steal the Trixie one though) Don't @ me.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monet was godawful. Mayhem was passable, which may be enough to save her from B2/3 given the preview.

edit: If this isn't Asia vs Vixen lip syncing I'll be shocked. They're the only group where both members crashed and burned.

Challenge is absolutely fantastic and they should bring it back in future seasons.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
UGH, Monet and Mayhem in the bottom two?!? Damn man...I honestly didn't wanna see Mayhem go T.T, but Monet is super charming and that lip sync slayed.

Loved Monique Heart in that challenge though, so nice to see her really succeed in a challenge.
Also Kameron Micheals, yaaass queen! Despite being safe she really surprised me in the Bossy Rossy challenge. Her characters southern accent and mannerisms were very funny, and I LOVED that outfit (god she's so fuckin' pretty). Hopefully she'll keep up this improvement in her acting challenges. She should've been in the top 3 btw.
I was low-key kind of hoping that somebody on Aquaria/Eureka's team would dress up and act like Abby Flynn from 30 Rock for the whole "sexy baby" thing they were going to do, but it was a fun and crazy performance regardless. Also it was pretty cool and surprising to see Aquaria hold her own, and I'm honestly glad to see both of them do a lot better than The Vixen despite her (hilariously) shady pairing.

When it comes to the runway, YES, at Kameron bringing dem big ol fake boobies to the runway lol, I feel like we don't see enough of breast plates on this show outside of silly mini-challenges.
I thought Asia O' Hara's fringey denim outfit looked really great. Also forget Michelle, Mayhem's runway was soooo cute. T.T
Mayhem is just adorable in general.

Edit: Also Kameron fangirling during her little moment with Shania was such a pure and precious gay boy moment. I love it.

Last edited:

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Monet is going to be the lip sync assassin I guess. She looks so stunning in photos but her runways so far have been pretty bad.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I was living for The Vixen's mug every time the camera stopped on her when she realised her plan was backfiring really hard. Also I didn't know Kameron could do comedy in such a competent way, she should have been top 3

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I want to die. I loved Mayhem

It's really amazing how much talent there is on this season considering on the last few, Mayhem probably would've went further.

discogs

Oct 28, 2017
London
This is just a suspicion, but I feel since Mayhem has been around as long as all of them and tried out year after year... Ru kinda knew she was a bit rubbish/maybe she just rubbed Ru up the wrong way. I have a feeling Ru knows (at least from afar) all of the LA queens super well and just kept saying "nah" to her over and over again. Perhaps Mayhem shaded Ru at some point? She comes across as a bit of a gossip whilst also being kinda a sycophant...

*my observations on her as a gossip are from her 'party girl' kinda image she had initially. Her quietness in Untucked eps and her lack of energy on the last few episodes implies whilst she's dedicated, she's not the brightest girl and perhaps just isn't thinking about the challenges enough. Thus she's just a gossip out of boredom, not actually malicious, hence she leaves the girls to fight in the Untucked eps but kinda just rests and goes with the flow, may look a bit shady, but she's actually just tired and acting a little more freely.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol. okay.
Mayhem, wasn't even bad this episode. If the Vixen hadn't managed to be the best dressed of the night, then it would have easily been her. Blair was not much better.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Another fantastic episode. This season!

Monet's lip syncing skills are crazy. Sad to see how shaken she's getting from being in the bottom, but she's turning it out.

--

"Being here I've learned that by building walls to protect yourself you don't let people get to see who you really are."

Mayhem said that in the confessional about her leaving, and it hits close to home. You can see in the way she acted how that's part of what made her seem so low energy sometimes.

I've been working on lowering my defenses in the past couple of years, so yeah, that's another elimination that got me emotional. The fact she had so much fun with this challenge makes it sting. The other queens were touched by what she said in Untucked about not forgetting to have fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tunichtgut

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
To be quite honest, i don't mind Mayhem going, i even forgot she was there, that's how blend she was for me. I don't know what it is, her putting her walls up or something, and maybe she will bring it on some All Stars Season, but right now wayne.

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
5PnODFN.png

Side-by-side it's like night and day. I really need Asia to get to the finale, as so far her drag is a cut above the others. Kameron is pretty great too.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- good episode, mayhem wasn't bringing it as much as she should have. she would have likely gone further in season 8 or 9 but this season the queens are so good, like i have no idea who can go next week that i won't feel bad about.
- the challenge was really good, but i'm not sure if eureka deserved that win. she wasn't THAT funny.
- aquaria and cracker haven't really been that notable, and it's episode 5 now. unless something changes i don't see either of them winning.
- one thing i've noticed is that the guest judges usually judge more fairly than carson, ross and michelle. those three know who's in the top and bottom, and then they just say what needs to be said to make that queen look better or worse than what she really is. like, a queen can do bad in the challenge, but have a sickening runway. but since she's on the bottom, they'll find something negative to say about the look. it's like they can't say nice things about the look while criticizing the queen's work on the challenge.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't think Eureka was all that great in the challenge. I didn't find the screaming all that funny. I thought Miz Cracker was funnier.
The Vixen was totally saved by her outfit because she was probably the worst performer for the challenge. D:
Also I was a bit whelmed by Monet's lip sync. It seemed really messy and rushed. The motorcycle went on too long. The air guitar came back for another go. She ripped open her outfit, but it's not like she had anything prepped under there. She had her outfit wrapped around her legs. It was just a little goofy I guess. :p

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
Also I was a bit whelmed by Monet's lip sync. It seemed really messy and rushed. The motorcycle went on too long. The air guitar came back for another go. She ripped open her outfit, but it's not like she had anything prepped under there. She had her outfit wrapped around her legs. It was just a little goofy I guess. :p

I think she's going to go down exactly the same way as Detox in S5. Your signature shtick might be funny a couple of times, but by the third time you have to rely on it to save your ass, you're out.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think "Ivy Winterrrrrs" was probably the worst one. Especially, when she tried to explain it. :D